Reynolds and Williams!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/1/2013 4:40 PM

Both Garrett Reynolds and Nathan Williams are on freecoasters now! I could see Nathan on one, but I never in a million years would have guess Garrett would run one! Jeez. I mean its sick, think of all the new crazy stuff those guys will be doing?

Is this the slow death of the cassette hub? IMO no, but maybe that just because I love them. But let me know what you guys think about it!

|

8/1/2013 4:41 PM

I don't care really. If i got one for free i would ride it but it's not that big of a deal to me.. I don't like change.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/1/2013 4:51 PM

I saw Reynolds on a coaster on TCU earlier.. I don't know how long that will last, but a few of the Fiend guys are rocking coaster Ty Morrow for example has the Primo Freemix on his bike ATM.. It will be interesting to see what he does with it. I knew N.W was on one for a lil while actually & he's in the new Eclat Kings of Kong Edit & busts out a few backwards moves.

|

8/1/2013 5:19 PM

I think Dennis Enarson is running one as well.

It would be more convenient for pro's to get freecoasters because they could always get a new one when the bearings shit the bed.
A flatland buddy of mine sold me a KHE Astern a long time ago, even before i could fakie.

I might get that laced up to cheap rim just for fun.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

8/1/2013 5:31 PM

I have a reverse acb, geisha for flat and a nakai bamboo. Wish the nankai had more slack though.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/1/2013 5:35 PM

Trails riders will keep cassettes alive

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/1/2013 5:49 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Trails riders will keep cassettes alive

this but at the same time that could mean that the cassettes with a slower engagement could be obsolete.. and leave us with all high grade cassettes and even more freecoaster options! I could totally see cassetes "dying" or atleast the ones with slower engagement and leave us with less cassettes for street and more freecoasters.. if this makes sense? like the match or ratchet being dropped in favor of something more like a profile or a stinger.... but the good thing about this is that there will be more freecoasters and that probably means garrett is running the freemix since ty has one... idk im excited... as for garrett and nathan running them im psched for them.. my very first thought with finding garrett had one was "oh great because he couldnt pull everything with a cassette anyway" so this will open a whole new thing... i would love to see some big fakie stuff out of garrett though..

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/1/2013 6:09 PM

the one time i tryed riding a freecoster i took lik 5 stems to the knee idk how people like all the slack on it

|

8/1/2013 6:11 PM

chad88 wrote:

the one time i tryed riding a freecoster i took lik 5 stems to the knee idk how people like all the slack on it

You get used to it in a day.

|

8/1/2013 6:39 PM

chad88 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

You get used to it in a day.

Yep, takes time to get used too. I run my full slack, mostly only use the reverse since its lsd and has lots of slack. Currently though Ive been on a cassette, they both advantages/disadvantages.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/1/2013 6:59 PM

its funny that street bikes are slowly getting more and more like flatland bikes... and some flatland bikes are getting more and more like street bikes.. ive seen quite a few flatlanders that run normal bars and just small things like that...

|

Deviant BMX store

8/1/2013 7:00 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Yep, takes time to get used too. I run my full slack, mostly only use the reverse since its lsd and has lots of slack. ...more

I run mine max slack as well. Rode it for six months, then my cassette for about two months, and I just put my coaster back on a few days ago. Only got to ride it for about 10 minutes because I ran over glass and got a nice gash on my tire haha.

|

8/1/2013 8:20 PM

I would LOVE for cassettes to die off!! Freecoaster riding, if done correctly is WAY cleaner!! NO B**** cranking (Chad Kerley), no more award long cassette fakies, no more pedal pressure, and since that may happen, people may run breaks!! wooo!! haha I wanna see a dramatic change in style too! I know Aaron Ross has a freecoaster (thank god) and it just makes me happy because for so long freecoasters were such a pain and you never could have any real fun because they break after a while (up until a while ago atleast) I wanna see freakin everyone have a coaster. It is better and people need to know that. haha I wanna get a new one when the really good bearing ones come out. Unless they end up being crap for some reason. haha Sorry for that rant, but i much prefer coasters for STREET riding. Everything else is good, keep cassettes for that, except flowy park, Tom Dugan and Chase Hawk should totally stick to one of those. After a 10 foot high boosted 180 itd be so sick to see em land in a huge fakie. haha And if i recall Tom Dugan likes coasters, but is too scared to stick to one or something lol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/1/2013 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2013 8:25 PM

I couldn't give a shit. I'm not getting a freecoaster unless someone gives me one for free. It doesn't matter to me that pros ride them, I don't watch edits. Cassettes will still be around, you can always get used ones.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/1/2013 8:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2013 8:28 PM

Four wrote:

I couldn't give a shit. I'm not getting a freecoaster unless someone gives me one for free. It doesn't matter to me that pros ...more

may i ask why you have what seems like alot of hate for freecoasters?

|

Deviant BMX store

8/1/2013 8:34 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

may i ask why you have what seems like alot of hate for freecoasters?

Sure. I don't. I don't care what people ride, but it's fucking stupid that all these kids who "love" freecoasters were the same kids who said "freecoasters r 4 fags" two years ago. Ian Schwartz is awesome but freecoasters aren't for everyone and unless you do cool shit like Ian or Seth or Karl you just look fucking stupid riding one only doing sliders. I actually was going to get a coaster a few years ago but didn't because I heard they were all shit back then haha.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/1/2013 8:38 PM

Also i have ridden, and from time to time, ride a coaster, but i never can afford a nice one. I prefer them over cassettes only on street. Doing my jumps and other things, they wont suffice. The slack is no fun then haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/1/2013 8:43 PM

Four wrote:

Sure. I don't. I don't care what people ride, but it's fucking stupid that all these kids who "love" freecoasters were the ...more

yeah... i think part of the reason for kids doing that was because just about nobody except for flatlanders had a freecoaster 2 years ago.. plus like you said they arent as reliable.. truthfully i was that kid that said he would never run a freecoaster but now that there are better brands coming out with better freecoasters (ex freemix) and after seeing riders that ride more like me (bruno hoffman) with one i could see it...

just trying to have a conversation lol.. im bored out of my mind...

|

Deviant BMX store

8/1/2013 8:49 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

this but at the same time that could mean that the cassettes with a slower engagement could be obsolete.. and leave us with ...more

This would be if they can make a bomb proof quick engagement hub. Like if the Ratchet and the Stinger had a baby.

|

8/1/2013 9:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2013 9:30 PM

I dont love freecoasters. i cant see myself ever riding one for more than a few minutes at a time on someone elses. they're fun, but i love the control and feel of a cassette. and im pretty sure garret is running the cinema experimental freecoaster cuz he's good enough he can win x games on an experimental part he just got. dont hold me to that, but i've been told that cinema was making one, and that makes sense

anyway, freecoasters are a trend. just like being brakeless or running 4 pegs. pros do it, kids see it. they mimic. monkey see monkey do. but they'll realize its not for them, quit biking, or get really really good at it. some trends i like more than others. in this case its not my favorite, but do whatever floats your boat.

|

8/1/2013 9:38 PM

ryed wrote:

I dont love freecoasters. i cant see myself ever riding one for more than a few minutes at a time on someone elses. they're ...more

I dont think they are a trend... haha Rasta is a trend. Freecoasters actually improve the way most pros ride and are better to ride in my experiences. I used to run one all the time (wish i could, but it is broken at the moment, unless anyone has a driver for an Odyssey Reloader by chance) And cassettes are way more reliable. They arent a trend in any way, although some stupid kid may end up figuring out a way to make it "swaggerific" or something. But what most dont realize is a lot of kids cant handle a coaster, the slack can be a turd for someone switching from a cassette especially and i dont like them for anything but street and i ride everything. haha so No, not a trend at the moment, although possible, it wont be most likely because slack will rape the kids knees and they wont work on it making the bike break constantly.

|

8/1/2013 9:55 PM

Although some kids will no doubt ride one because reynolds does I don't think coasters will be a come and go trend, i feel like they're here to stay and more companies will be trying to perfect them due to the increase of people riding them. In the past i think so many people were afraid to run one because of them hearing they were super high maintenance and would implode if the wind blew wrong, when really the maintenance isn't all that bad. I've been riding the Rush V2 for a little over a month and i honestly can't see myself going back to cassette unless i start riding trails, which i can just throw my cassette wheel on for.

|

8/1/2013 10:12 PM

I freakin hate slack but instant engagement is kinda overkill as well.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/2/2013 4:37 AM

OR you could just buy the ezra hub and you get the best of both worlds.

|

8/2/2013 4:57 AM

I rode a freecoaster 2 years ago, does that mean i'm a hipster?

|

8/2/2013 7:04 AM

gotta question about freecoasters though.. if i run max slack does that essentially mean there will be pressure when i land? so it would be like riding chainless?

|

Deviant BMX store

8/2/2013 9:14 AM

A couple of the best riders today riding something 'new'.. Great for marketing. Think of the hype it generates. Especially being Reynolds, a dude who owns a brand. Get the kids wet then release a Fiend brand coaster... zomfg.. Very good for business.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

8/2/2013 3:11 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

gotta question about freecoasters though.. if i run max slack does that essentially mean there will be pressure when i land? ...more

No it wont be the same feeling. Chainless has almost zero resistance because there is nothing touching your chainwheel. However with max slack on a free coaster you still have the tension and weight of the chain on the chainwheel that keeps it under control and not feeling like your going to die (like when you ride chainless).

@BMXism. Those were my thoughts exactly when I saw both Garrett and Ty on a coaster. Fiend coaster will be released before deadline dvd is for sale in shops. haha

|

8/2/2013 3:17 PM

The only free coaster rider I find interesting is that Kelly Bolton guy......fakie front flips and flairs and shits wild, the last thing bmx needs is more boring slow paced street riding, at least guys like Reynolds and ennarson aren't afraid to haul ass I just hope this change doesn't slow them down

|