Rideing stock parts

Related:
Create New Tag

1/4/2014 7:43 AM

Whats the problem with riding a stock bike. Arent all the parts the same as there aftermarket version with a diffrent name on it.

|

Some times I wonder...Is Jesus black?

1/4/2014 7:47 AM

Very rarely is that the case. Most of the time if there is aftermarket quality parts they will be aftermarket parts, otherwise it's usually cheaper/ lesser quality components.

|

1/4/2014 7:55 AM

Nothing wrong with riding a stock bike, but if you're not riding a Sunday or WTP most of the parts used aren't the quality used on aftermarket parts.

|

1/4/2014 8:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2014 8:57 AM

Nothing wrong with riding stock parts, when you buy a complete your all set and ready to go, as you improve parts will inevitably break and need replacing, just replace things as an when needed with quality aftermarket stuff and soon enough you'll have yourself a custom that can hold up to whatever you throw at it, but even those parts will need replacing eventually.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/4/2014 9:05 AM

its fine, but as you progress, you will break stock parts and then replace them

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/4/2014 3:37 PM

riding a stock bike is fine but most of the time they break faster cause there isnt as much dquyality put into it as an after market part....so basically what everybody else said

|

1/4/2014 3:58 PM

Stock=lesser quality. simple as that

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/4/2014 4:00 PM

'lesser'

|

1/4/2014 7:55 PM

It's basically the alternative to mass production of parts. For a bike , you need parts to be produced. Depending on how many bikes you make , you can't have aftermarket parts (More expensive , harder/longer to make) so stock parts are basically sped up parts , with quality at different levels depending on the bike you got.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short