Rider that influences your style the most

Related:
Create New Tag

3/22/2014 6:00 PM

A lot of riders contribute small things to my riding style, but two that contribute the most are kris kyle and harry main. They both have amazing parks skills, and kriss has some talent in the streets

|

3/22/2014 6:30 PM

My riding crew I can't say people I've never met or rode with can really influence my style

|

3/22/2014 8:06 PM

alex kennedy and charlie crumlish for sure and pretty much anyone i ride with.

|

Support your local bike shop.
Instagram:gobeil4130

3/22/2014 8:09 PM

Well mat Hoffman was the reason i started but after id say mike aitken and randy brown kind of influenced my style

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/22/2014 8:21 PM

My friend/boss is my biggest influence. First guy i saw with two brakes and flat/park mix. Now i ride two brakes and flatland!

|

It’s all bmx

3/22/2014 8:31 PM

None. I ride what feels natural for me and try things im comfortable with doing/trying. I have much respect for every rider and their ability and style, but they will never effect who I am on my bike.
But if anyone has ever had an influence on my riding, it would be Topsey. After hearing him talk about streetland I decided it sounded really exciting so I gave it a try and im hooked. It was just something I had never thought of before. It hasn't effected my style necessarily, I still ride the same and prefer the same types of spots and what not, but now theres a bunch of new doors opened trick-wise.
Only other things that effect my style is my bike and my surroundings. Im a street rider by nature but can go full out park rat no problem (ive actually been incorporating streetland into my park riding, park-land?). My bike HAS to be set up exactly how I want it though- set up for street and tech riding, even when blasting quarters/boxes.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/22/2014 8:33 PM

I honestly have no clue. A lot of local riders have influenced a lot of my riding greatly though, but I like to think I have my own little style.. Sketchy at times, but still

|

3/22/2014 8:37 PM

idk.. i used to have a huge issue where i tried to copy a rider exactly. but the rider changed weekly and of all types(chad kerley to kyle baldock to trey jones to drew bezanson) and that really played a part because it helped me try other things.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/22/2014 8:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/22/2014 8:57 PM

A Couple Of Local Guys When I Was Younger.

TOOOOO Many Flatlanders To List!

Benny L, Bengo, Edwin, Hoder, Ty Mo, Vinnie Sammon, Tyrone Williams, Van Homan, Chase Dehart, Shawn Mac, El Blanco Loco, Sean Sexton, Bob Scerbo, Lino G, Steven Hamilton, Butcher, Max Gaertig, Shane Weston, Wormz, Tom Blyth, Chester Blacksmith, Clint Reynolds, Sean Burns, Dirt Ron, Seth Kimbrough, Chris Souter, Dan Lacey, Mike Taylor, David Grant, Crumdog Millionare, (Bonus Points For Anyone Who Can Guess Who That Is LOL) Tony Cardona, Tony Hamlin, Jake Seeley.

Recently I've Been Digging, Broc Raiford, Stevie Churchill, Simone Barraco, Kyle Hart, Eric Lichtenberger & A Couple More Come To Mind But Let's Wrap This Up Before I've Listed 2 Pages Of Riders Haha!

There's Quite The Pattern Emerging Here. Apart From The Obvious Flatland Shout Out, They're Almost ALL Street Riders Haha!

EDIT: Just Re-Read The Title These Riders Do Not Influence My Style. They Have INFLUENCED My Style! I Don't Try To Ride Like Any Of Them, I Ride Like Me! But I'm Always Stoked To See ANY Of Those Riders, Ride. I Will Always Do My Own Thing!

|

3/22/2014 8:57 PM

One Thing Though!

Obviously When A Certain Rider Does Something It Makes You Want To Attempt It! NO ONE Can EVER Say That They Truly Came Up With A 100% Original Trick Nowadays! Especially As Sooooo Many Pro's Have Such Varying Styles! But It's Cool To Try A Link You've Seen & Add In A Bar, Grind, Manual, Cab Whatever! Make Someone Else's Trick/Line Your Own! That's What BMX Is All About! Taking Inspiration From Other Riders & Making Shit Your Own!

|

3/22/2014 8:58 PM

I want to say Garrett Reynolds because he inspired me to BMX but I'm a pussy and he's mental haha.

Probaly Damon , he inspired me to ride and enjoy every opportunity. I'm so lucky I can go ride a bike with good health.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/22/2014 9:15 PM

Charlie crumlish probably inspires my riding the most. I'm really into all the peg chink/stalls/ledge stuff and that style really works well for where i live since the spots are shit and you just kinda have to make the most of them

|

3/23/2014 7:24 AM

I'd say David Grant, Scott Ditchburn and Broc Raiford for street riding. I'd really like to be able to do pegless shit like Eric Lichtenberger but I just suck at it haha. For park riding I like to do lots of motowhips and more of style than tricks, so I get influenced by Chase Hawk or Matt Roe basically.

|

3/23/2014 7:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2014 7:30 AM

I wouldn't say anyone influences my style, but riders influence what I like to ride more often.

If I see a solid ledge edit, I may be more likely to want to ride a ledge. If I see a solid edit with front brake use, I want front brakes.

Same goes for solid park edits.

Dirt too.

I'd like to think I take in a little from everything. I love to see people do awesome stuff, BUT I get tired of seeing someone ONLY do a billion grind combos on a ledge if it is overdone. Same goes with someone ONLY doing crazy park moves, or the same flowing around on the same stuff.

This is why I don't just sit an watch nothing but street edits, as a rail spot is a rail spot, ledges are ledges and so on, pretty much no matter where a person is.

Variety is the spice of life smile

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/23/2014 7:32 AM

I think i just pick up certain things riders do. I ride like myself, but sometimes when i see a trick done a certain way, i add a little into that.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/23/2014 10:05 AM

Dan lacey and matt hoffman

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/23/2014 11:15 AM

Nigel Sylvester and Stevie Churchill

|

making half retarded post at the moment

3/23/2014 1:10 PM

Topsey wrote:

A Couple Of Local Guys When I Was Younger.

TOOOOO Many Flatlanders To List!

Benny L, Bengo, Edwin, Hoder, Ty Mo, Vinnie ...more

Crumdog = it's charlie crumlish isn't it?

Oh I completely forgot about Kyle Hart, that dude is NUTS.

|

3/23/2014 1:11 PM

Pretty much anyone who is goofy-footed. I can relate to them sooo much. Regular riding is not really enough for me, but of course, it's definitely nice to see.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/23/2014 1:39 PM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

Crumdog = it's charlie crumlish isn't it?

Oh I completely forgot about Kyle Hart, that dude is NUTS.

Yes Haha smile

|

3/23/2014 2:33 PM

Aaron Ross tbh

|

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

3/23/2014 2:55 PM

I've gotta go with Aaron Ross and Garrett Reynolds. No one around here rides so im usually having a sesh with skaters so I never really got influenced by anyone here haha. Those were the first two guys i saw and in my opinion they killed it and their style is sick.

|

(:

3/23/2014 3:14 PM

Randy Taylor is probley my biggest inspiration. Hes the reason i started riding and he will always inspire me. R.I.P.

|

Support your local bike shop.
Instagram:gobeil4130

3/23/2014 4:16 PM

Hucker. Jave fun, and do crazy shit while doing it.

|

3/23/2014 5:40 PM

watching terry adams and arron ross kinda got me into riding before i knew about anyone else so i guess them a bit and now like AK, devon smillie, simone barraco, hoder, CK, garret reynolds and chris doyle and a lot of other people.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

3/23/2014 7:03 PM

anthony napolitan by far

|

We the people

3/23/2014 7:05 PM

Topsey wrote:

One Thing Though!

Obviously When A Certain Rider Does Something It Makes You Want To Attempt It! NO ONE Can EVER Say That ...more

I have to ask, why cap's every word ?

|

3/23/2014 7:21 PM

Haha, Occasionally I have issues with the Caps Letters on every word, I don't do it all the time, but it's something I do when I write also! I ALWAYS put Caps on the Front when I do Bike Checks, like My current Bike Check, Cult x Casual Frame 20.75" Fully Brakeless, Bronze. Things like that haha. It's just something that was ingrained in Me from My Education!

|

3/24/2014 1:40 AM

for me it would be a straight up Josh stricker and Sean Burns. I love both of their go hard and fast styles. i like to do the same. i like to put on top of their styles just trying to has as much fun as i can with a line or such, take a double peg about 8 inches above bar height add doing a wall ride back down just for kicks.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

3/24/2014 3:42 AM

tommy d

|