1/12/2014 9:51 PM

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/12/2014 9:55 PM

80 bucks doesn't seem bad at all

|

1/12/2014 9:58 PM

antigram and simian are the same price too. doesn't seem bad though..

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

1/12/2014 10:03 PM

$80 for a generic male front hub. No thanks. I'd rather spend $80 on the toughest front hub on the market, with a lifetime warranty. AKA the Simian.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/12/2014 10:06 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

$80 for a generic male front hub. No thanks. I'd rather spend $80 on the toughest front hub on the market, with a lifetime warranty. AKA the Simian.

Not generic, this one has 4 bearings in the hub shell.

|

1/12/2014 11:38 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

So a generic front hub but with more friction, more weight and more to go wrong.

|

1/13/2014 5:07 AM

I was gonna make a thread about this but I forgot. I thought these hubs were supposed to be more budget friendly?

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

1/13/2014 5:13 AM

Seems legit other than the male axle. $50 is more reasonable. The rear is $180 and is basically a Primo Mix clone (6902 bearings, 4x springs and pawls). Pretty disappointed. Wtf Èclat?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/13/2014 5:44 AM

As freddy said, i thought that they were going to be medium quality and cheap.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/13/2014 7:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2014 7:53 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Seems legit other than the male axle. $50 is more reasonable. The rear is $180 and is basically a Primo Mix clone (6902 bearings, 4x springs and pawls). Pretty disappointed. Wtf Èclat?

So the Mix used polymer bushings for the driver? Never knew that. Why did they switch that on the Remix? And since the Cult Match uses Primo Mix internals, why did they not use polymer bushings?

My point is that the Kolibri is not a clone of the Primo Mix. And if it was, why would you be disappointed in such an awesome hub?

|

1/13/2014 7:51 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Fondue wrote:

So the Mix used polymer bushings for the driver? Never knew that. Why did they switch that on the Remix? And since the Cult Match uses Primo Mix internals, why did they not use polymer bushings?

My point is that the Kolibri is not a clone of the Primo Mix. And if it was, why would you be disappointed in such an awesome hub?

If it was a mix clone i guess id be dissapointing because the cult match is a primo mix and is cheaper than the kolibri.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

1/13/2014 7:54 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Fondue wrote:

T-rider wrote:

If it was a mix clone i guess id be dissapointing because the cult match is a primo mix and is cheaper than the kolibri.

Understandable. Just about everything that comes from We Make Things is more expensive here in the states.

|

1/13/2014 7:56 AM

What I'd like to know is why people had the idea that the Kolibri hubs were going to be cheap. Was there an article or did a bmx blog say something, or what?

|

1/13/2014 8:07 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Fondue wrote:

Im not saying theyre exactly alike, I just dont necessarily know how to explain it. Thats just how ive been referring to 4 pawl and spring 6902 bearing cassettes. Its generally the same design.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

1/13/2014 8:10 AM

Fondue wrote:

What I'd like to know is why people had the idea that the Kolibri hubs were going to be cheap. Was there an article or did a bmx blog say something, or what?

In 2013 a set of male hubs with nothing really special shouldn't cost as much as the best hubs you can get.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

1/13/2014 8:11 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Fondue wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Im not saying theyre exactly alike, I just dont necessarily know how to explain it. Thats just how ive been referring to 4 pawl and spring 6902 bearing cassettes. Its generally the same design.

Gotcha. Personally, I think the Kolibri cassette is decently priced at $170, but the front hub I don't know. Seems it could be cheaper.

|

1/13/2014 8:11 AM

Fondue wrote:

Lots of websites said it when they were shown at interbike, including The Merged. i think Eclat might of said it themselves as well.

|

1/13/2014 9:04 AM

The Problem is You're all American lolages!... They come from Taiwan to Germany for QC then out around the world. America being one of the furthest places to travel, You Guys see no savings!.. (For Once!)

Eclat Kollibiri Front Hub £49.49
http://www.sourcebmx.com/product/wheels-etc/bmx-hubs/front-hubs/eclat-kollibri-front-hub/20269.shtml

Eclat Dynamic Front Hub £59.99
http://www.customriders.com/prodshow.asp?prodid=16584&cat=0&parent=0&sid=3

And as an Example....

G-Sport Simian Front Hub £89.99
http://www.customriders.com/prodshow.asp?prodid=17300&cat=0&parent=0&sid=3

|

1/13/2014 9:10 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

6902 bearings are common because they are a decent sized bearing that is relatively cheap to access and they handle abuse reasonably well. Cost-wise they are fantastic for companies, and consumer-wise they are too, as you can find them all over the place, they are a standard size.

Look at Older KHE coasters, they have a proprietary bearing for the driver, it is a smaller inner diameter as the axle is machined a touch thinner than a standard bearing. That way you have to buy TWO OF THEIRS for 14.99 a bearing rather than get a general size for 6.99 each almost anywhere. They tweeked a desing slightly, and make a ton of money as you have no option but to run theirs, or shim it and risk damage (which is what I did).

I actually took the driver and an axle to a bearing store and they said the size doesn't exist, and said they could make something but it would cost labor to do, plus parts, all together probably 20-50 a BEARING.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/13/2014 9:41 AM

Topsey wrote:

The Problem is You're all American lolages!... They come from Taiwan to Germany for QC then out around the world. America being one of the furthest places to travel, You Guys see no savings!.. (For Once!)

Eclat Kollibiri Front Hub £49.49
http://www.sourcebmx.com/product/wheels-etc/bmx-hubs/front-hubs/eclat-kollibri-front-hub/20269.shtml

Eclat Dynamic Front Hub £59.99
http://www.customriders.com/prodshow.asp?prodid=16584&cat=0&parent=0&sid=3

And as an Example....

G-Sport Simian Front Hub £89.99
http://www.customriders.com/prodshow.asp?prodid=17300&cat=0&parent=0&sid=3

Youre right. Its a decent prize in europe.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

1/13/2014 10:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2014 10:31 AM

And as I said, these dont really have any advantages over a Cult Match or Remix v2 and cost $50 more. Id rather get a Gsport Ratchet for the same cost.

|

1/13/2014 10:37 AM

Lulz at the "no matter what color" it only shows black or silver for options when you click

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/13/2014 10:53 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

So a generic front hub but with more friction, more weight and more to go wrong.

Not exactly, with 2 more bearings there's more area to spread the load on, so it'd last longer. I've had the Cult match hub in the back for over a year now & each bearing still feels brand new as opposed to hubs I've had with 2 bearings that feel a bit catch after the same amount of time. I like that, and if it came in female with a chromoly center axle I'd buy it asap

|

1/13/2014 12:49 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Not exactly, with 2 more bearings there's more area to spread the load on, so it'd last longer. I've had the Cult match hub in the back for over a year now & each bearing still feels brand new as opposed to hubs I've had with 2 bearings that feel a bit catch after the same amount of time. I like that, and if it came in female with a chromoly center axle I'd buy it asap

You're both right. While 4 bearings will hold up a bit better because they spread the load, there will also be an increase in friction, more weight, and more parts than can fail. Personally I prefer 2 large bearings over 4 small bearing.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

1/13/2014 7:00 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

You're both right. While 4 bearings will hold up a bit better because they spread the load, there will also be an increase in friction, more weight, and more parts than can fail. Personally I prefer 2 large bearings over 4 small bearing.

Yeah I should have elaborated more on that but I was doing something haha. but yeah, as long as you kept everything maintained and not over tightened, they'd last a long time.

One bearing goes out on one of the sides though it's gonna drag against the other bearing & take that with it though but yeah.

|

1/13/2014 7:13 PM

One of the complete Alienation front wheels on Danscomp has an "Alienation Tin Man" hub with 4 bearings. And I forgot to put that this Eclat hub could've at least been female with a full chromoly axle setup and possiblity for guards and all....

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/13/2014 7:19 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

One of the complete Alienation front wheels on Danscomp has an "Alienation Tin Man" hub with 4 bearings. And I forgot to put that this Eclat hub could've at least been female with a full chromoly axle setup and possiblity for guards and all....

Damn! I never knew that, if that thing came with a 15mm chromoly center axle I'd hunt everywhere for one of those things.

|

1/13/2014 7:47 PM

Topsey made the point here. Nonetheless, i would buy that hub. But after riding my brother's female with press fit collars front wheel, i'm kinda set on those. They seem to be a lot more solid, better looking and feeling.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/14/2014 8:49 AM

Demolition Bulimia is in my opinion the ONLY front hub you could ever need. I've had three of them. The first one I sold as a complete wheel and the guy who bought it hasn't had a problem yet. (4 years ago). Also bought one 2 years ago for my race bike, still amazing. Also have one on my BTM, had it for a year, still perfect. $45 is all you should ever need to pay for a hub shell and bearings. Profile hubs are a little more expensive because of the extra machining that they do with the cone washers and hub shell but that is all basically for looks. Want a good ass hub? get a demolition. Want a good ass hub with cool laser-etched logos and shit? get a profile. End of story

|

1/14/2014 8:51 AM

$80 is nothing

|

It’s all bmx