Riding Street Alone

Related:
Create New Tag

2/20/2021 9:28 AM

When you ride street do you go alone? Do you have a friend or group you ride with? Do you think it's a bad idea to cruise around and ride street by yourself? Curious where everyone stands on this 🤔

|

2/20/2021 9:32 AM

Get a gopro and go do some barspins IN DA HOOD

|

2/20/2021 10:01 AM

I usually ride with a couple of slimes, some ride inlines, some ride scooters but most of them ride bmx.

|

2/20/2021 10:29 AM

Always alone, I’m old, My riding friends either don’t ride anymore, live to far away, or can’t link up times to get together like that

My one buddy will meet me at a skatepark sometimes but for the most part, it’s a solo mission

|

2/20/2021 1:15 PM

Nothing wrong with riding solo - you just don't want to end up KOd without anyone to assist.

|

2/20/2021 1:45 PM

i wouldnt mainly because where i live theres not many good street spots and bikes being stolen is very common, so i tend not to ride street alone, but i do ride solo at parks a lot.

|

2/20/2021 1:45 PM

I ride park alone. If you ever ride street alone, especially here, you’d be facing homeless people who are always down to fight, more or less haha. It’s risky to go alone here, and I like ramps far more than rails anyways.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

2/20/2021 1:51 PM

Always alone. I can't deal with the constant having to wait for other people or talking instead of riding. Putting a bit of effort into trying something clears my mind of all the other bullshit in life, it's the main reason I still ride

|

2/20/2021 5:19 PM

I like riding summer nights alone, later when it's cool and quiet it's a zen thing for me.

|

2/20/2021 8:01 PM

I'm 45 and work a lot so I usually ride early on the weekends. Sometimes I meet up with friends at a skatepark, my wife and son usually join, haha. I will make friends with whoever I meet, scooters, skaters, 9 year Olds. Hahaha

I will definitely ride alone, usually practicing the boring basic things that I don't want to do with a group, like fakies, hops and manuals.

|

2/20/2021 8:30 PM

I'm always alone these days. I have come to enjoy the quiet time and doing my own thing. Also it seems like when you're with a group there's always that one person that has to be an idiot on everyone else's behalf. When I'm by myself I stay low key and out of trouble because I don't make a bunch of noise or tear shit up, and I know when it's time to move on from a spot.

|

2/20/2021 8:50 PM

This is pretty alone..

Photo

|

2/20/2021 9:54 PM

Never alone just in case I get injured, which is pretty common, but I’ll rarely ride with more than 3-4 people

|

smile

2/21/2021 4:45 AM

Manytoolsmike wrote:

I'm 45 and work a lot so I usually ride early on the weekends. Sometimes I meet up with friends at a skatepark, my wife and son usually join, haha. I will make friends with whoever I meet, scooters, skaters, 9 year Olds. Hahaha

I will definitely ride alone, usually practicing the boring basic things that I don't want to do with a group, like fakies, hops and manuals.

Saturday morning rides are my favorite...put some headphones in and zone out...almost like a stress relief

|

2/21/2021 7:30 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

This is pretty alone..

Photo

Is that Lake St. Clair?

|

2/21/2021 8:30 AM

oldstreetthrasher wrote:

Is that Lake St. Clair?

Erie

|

2/21/2021 11:14 AM

Alone. No cameras/no phones/no distractions.

I second the zen thing. I used to meditate, but use BMX to focus and get centered instead.

|

2/21/2021 12:13 PM

ABorland9 wrote:

When you ride street do you go alone? Do you have a friend or group you ride with? Do you think it's a bad idea to cruise around and ride street by yourself? Curious where everyone stands on this 🤔

There isn't a wrong answer really. If you're looking for a social experience then go with a crew, if you're looking for just riding and progression it's usually easier to focus with less people. I personally go alone most of the time but having a buddy or 2 makes it more fun but again this depends on who you are riding with, some people just aren't nice to be around. A whole crew gets a little confusing. My conclusion is riding street is more fun with a partner or 2 but can be just as rewarding if you're just out to practice and progress.

|

2/21/2021 1:16 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Nothing wrong with riding solo - you just don't want to end up KOd without anyone to assist.

I was thinking the same thing and you said it.

|

2/21/2021 11:00 PM

younggotti wrote:

Always alone, I’m old, My riding friends either don’t ride anymore, live to far away, or can’t link up times to get together like that

My one buddy will meet me at a skatepark sometimes but for the most part, it’s a solo mission

I'm there with you. My friends and I are in their 40s with careers/jobs, kids and family. Just the other day I got together with 2 friends for some drinks. To have all 3 of us together and available at the same time in one city was rare, but we had a good time. And none of my friends do any kind of riding either. So, I'm solo too. I do ride with the wife and kids sometimes..

|

2/22/2021 12:17 AM

vagabond wrote:

Alone. No cameras/no phones/no distractions.

I second the zen thing. I used to meditate, but use BMX to focus and get centered instead.

This is what I meant. Riding for me is a way of getting a moment of clarity. I'll still piss about and ride with other people, but I like feeling like I've accomplished something every time I ride, and that happens so much easier when I'm riding alone

|

2/22/2021 4:41 AM

Depends on where you are.

I've gone out on my own, but I am not a small guy. Also I carry a knife (more as a tool to cut things/open stuff, but would use in a pinch.)

I also ride early in the morning most often, so most of the sketchy folks have already gone home/passed out, so they are no longer a threat, and my bigger concern is those who are driving home after a night of debauchery and too tired or still drunk, on their way to get their coffee fix before work that morning.

I plan to do some of that again this year, get up at like 5:30 am, get to the spots or skatepark by 6 or so (sunrise) and ride for a couple hours before most places are open. It's a great way to start my day.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/22/2021 5:06 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Depends on where you are.

I've gone out on my own, but I am not a small guy. Also I carry a knife (more as a tool to cut things/open stuff, but would use in a pinch.)

I also ride early in the morning most often, so most of the sketchy folks have already gone home/passed out, so they are no longer a threat, and my bigger concern is those who are driving home after a night of debauchery and too tired or still drunk, on their way to get their coffee fix before work that morning.

I plan to do some of that again this year, get up at like 5:30 am, get to the spots or skatepark by 6 or so (sunrise) and ride for a couple hours before most places are open. It's a great way to start my day.

yep, getting out early is the best imo

not only do you miss the riff raff and have a place or spot to yourself but in the summer you also beat the extreme heat too

a few of my favorite spots are rideable in the morning, if you wait until 9 or 10a.m you'll either get the boot or too much traffic to ride the spot

|

2/22/2021 6:39 AM

vagabond wrote:

Alone. No cameras/no phones/no distractions.

I second the zen thing. I used to meditate, but use BMX to focus and get centered instead.

.pegless. wrote:

This is what I meant. Riding for me is a way of getting a moment of clarity. I'll still piss about and ride with other people, but I like feeling like I've accomplished something every time I ride, and that happens so much easier when I'm riding alone

It’s not that I don’t like riding with others, but to me that is more of a social thing. I ride for myself, not to be with others. There are many sessions where I focus on perfecting the smoothness of certain techniques. I can already fakie, but perhaps I want my slides to be more effortless. I will literally endo in the same spot for an hour, only taking breaks to gather my thoughts and quietly think about what I am doing wrong. this would be really hard if I feel like I have to be “on” and maintain some type of social commentary.

|

2/22/2021 7:19 AM

Alone. And i cruise. Never stay at one place more than a couple of minutes.

|

Husky Nation Member

2/22/2021 8:48 AM

Alone usually with headphones and I just hit spots riding from one side of town to the other. I'll stop to session a good spot but this past year I've been really into just cruising and jumping curbs/ledges, maybe do some manuals down a big hill and then go swim in the river. Best exercise ever!

|

My mom thinks I’m special

2/22/2021 10:09 AM

baglagrupie wrote:

Alone. And i cruise. Never stay at one place more than a couple of minutes.

This is my method. Now you see me... now you don't.

|

I get big airs off small things

2/22/2021 3:36 PM

I ride solo sometimes, I like to ride around my area which is suburbs and go through different parking lots and warehouse area and find curbs and usual features you find in these area.
I have a few spots where I often go and one has an almost full huge circular curb that I love to ride on fast and practice my balance and bike control over trying to do the full circle without falling off and adding some tricks getting off it.
I also ride a lot with my 8yrs old son and his little bike crew ...we actually just built a couple of structures to bring out on the driveway ( launch and landing ramps ) this past weekend and they were so excited.
I take them to the skatepark too and ride together....although I want to post something on the PNW section of the forum and see if I can connect with some older rider to meet up.
Nothing wrong in riding solo but think that sharing rides can help you improve a lot

|

2/23/2021 7:33 PM

i ride alone too mostly but i think i would improve alot faster if i rode with others

|

2/24/2021 7:04 AM

Riding alone is the only sustainable option where I'm at. I would say 99% of my riding time is solo, except when other people are at the park (but I usually leave when it gets to busy anyways).

|