Riding Through College

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2014 10:58 PM

Im going off to college next year and was wondeing if u really hav anytime to ride. I love riding so much and i dont want life and getting older to force me to quit. If you are in college or have ridden through college lemme kno what its liike. Thanks

|

Rails not Trails

9/12/2014 11:25 PM

I am in college and i ride my bike almost every day and i have a job. I am lucky because i go to a community college and 5 min down the road is a skatepark and 3 blocks away from my house is another skate park. So ill ride at least a half hour a day. I usually will get some home work done and ride for 30 min to an hour and go back home and finish it up and if there is still some time left before i have to work (3rd shift) ill ride, if not i ride on my day off from school. Just make sure you do your work and not concentrate on the bike, college cost way to much to fail lol.

|

9/13/2014 12:29 AM

ummm... its called free time. everybody has it.. no matter how 'busy' you get. Keep your bike near.. you'll want to ride when you know you can. Don't fucking quit. Keep the bike and ride when it's most convenient. You'll want to get some riding in when you get the chance.

BMX isn't a job. Don't treat it like one.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

9/13/2014 6:47 AM

I'm in college also. I ride a lot really. Everyday for about 3 hours!! I have a job and stuff too. I have like a class that ends at 10 am and then I don't have class till about 1 and I can ride in that time. I consider it my physical part of my day. I even have a lawn business. Its all about properly budgeting your time. Do your school work (I promise its really really easy and you learn a lot), DO NOT join a frat because you shouldn't have to pay to have friends, and just relax. Do your own thing. I budget my time so that on Sunday, which is my full day off, I can go to a skatepark for the whole day. Its much more riding than in high school!! You can ride during the day and stuff. Oh and don't take more than 16 credit hours or you won't be able to lol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/13/2014 7:50 AM

Just graduated college in May and I definitely didn't have as much time to ride as I did in high school.
I went to a super demanding college though and the majority of the time I had two part-time jobs.
I ride almost every day now that I have a Mon through Friday full-time job though.

Just be smart and manage your time well. If you don't have as much time to ride as you used to that is okay because you are planning for your future. If you are fortunate and still have plenty of time to ride while maintaining your grades then that is awesome too.

|