Riding after not riding?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/18/2014 8:07 AM

Who else has a shit time riding after not riding for a few days?

On Sunday I went to a jam and it was fun, my friend damaged ligaments in his ankle and I didn't ride until yesterday.

I could barely hop, I was stiff and I could barely fakie.

What the fuck

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/18/2014 11:11 AM

totally normal to feel that way. I took like a week and a half off and when I started riding again my ass and legs were so sore and I could also barely hop... but then the next day the soreness went away and the muscle memory came back as if I never stopped... It'll come back man lol

|

7/18/2014 11:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/18/2014 11:25 AM

Its normal to get a bit rusty after more than a few days off, usually takes one sketchy session for everything to click again.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/18/2014 11:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/18/2014 4:22 PM

I'm the opposite, I ride better after a break.. especially long ones. It's more of a mental thing for me though. Physically, all I need is a good stretch and I'm back at it. Like Soul says though, one good hardy sesh and you'll get everything clicking again. No need to get upset over it, it's normal shit.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

7/18/2014 12:02 PM

I ride like shit when I'm tired or lazy , I usually go 7 to 8 months not riding with canadian winters , but it usually doesn't take me more then a sesh to get back into it , does take a roll on my muscles though

|

7/18/2014 12:28 PM

Its been like a week since i rode my bike till today and im sore as hell and only rode for like 30mins...lol usually takes me a day or 2 to get back into it

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/18/2014 12:37 PM

I go a week or two without riding and am only a little stiff or sore when I get back on.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/18/2014 5:46 PM

Try stretching and warming up for a longer time than usual. That usually helps me. I haven't ridden since Monday and I can only imagine what God awful things will happen before I stretch and warm up.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/18/2014 6:02 PM

Massage your muscles. Lactic acid builds up and massaging it breaks it down. Perks of having a dad that does triathlons.

|

7/18/2014 6:14 PM

I have no trouble jumping back on the bike after even a few weeks off. But I've been riding almost my entire life so it's kinda embedded in my brain

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/18/2014 6:45 PM

I had to take a 2 week break and coming back after that sucks. Especially because i was finally at a level that was really comfortable to ride. Now i have to learn to be a little softer on my foot. Once it is fully healed again i will be really happy. I totally get it. Just try to stretch and stuff. Dont forget it all.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.