Riding low PSI

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2018 5:09 PM

So I ride colony griplock tires, and the max PSI is 110, and I usually ride around 50-60 but whenever I go to a lower psi, the tire comes off the rim in certain spots, and the tube pushes out. Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening so I can ride lower PSI

|

8/3/2018 5:22 PM

Certain spots of the tyre? Or rim? If you've had a blow out you may have damaged the bead of the tyre, or flared the rim

|

8/3/2018 5:35 PM

Try running 70-80, usually high inflation tires have a minimum around that psi. You’ll get a pinch flat for running it too low anyways.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

8/3/2018 7:01 PM

I ride street, 50 odd psi, plenty of bump jumps all day long. Haven't had a pinch flat for years and years

|

8/3/2018 7:05 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I ride street, 50 odd psi, plenty of bump jumps all day long. Haven't had a pinch flat for years and years

Same. I just ride 60 in the back to just to have my manual speed be faster and not slow down too fast... but I've got 50 psi in the front..

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/3/2018 7:07 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

How much do you weigh though? I can’t run any lower than 80 on my tires without a pinch on bumps, but I weigh around 250 pounds (estimated around 116 kg off the top of my head give or take).
I’m not even fat, I just have dense muscle structure.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

8/3/2018 7:29 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

How much do you weigh though? I can’t run any lower than 80 on my tires without a pinch on bumps, but I weigh around 250 ...more

I weigh like 130, so 60 and 50 work good for me...

|

8/3/2018 8:05 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

How much do you weigh though? I can’t run any lower than 80 on my tires without a pinch on bumps, but I weigh around 250 ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I weigh like 130, so 60 and 50 work good for me...

Lucky, I weigh two like two jakes lol.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

8/3/2018 8:24 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

Lucky, I weigh two like two jakes lol.

Lol, you a husky manlaughing

|

8/3/2018 8:35 PM

I hop into stairsets like a flatbank and ride up stairs if they have 45 degree edges. I also case stuff lol

I run 60psi in my 110psi rated tires.

|

8/3/2018 11:59 PM

Sounds like you're bead is damaged. I've gone down from 100psi to 70 on slightly bigger tyres. Feels so much better! Any less and flowing around bowls feels sketchy imo.

|

8/4/2018 12:42 AM

I'm 83kg, recently lost about 5kg. I literally bump jump every curb I ride past when going from spot to spot, and do a lot of bump jump to wall rides etc.

|

8/4/2018 2:09 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'm 83kg, recently lost about 5kg. I literally bump jump every curb I ride past when going from spot to spot, and do a lot of ...more

That’s still miles below what I weigh lol. Only thing that keeps my hops high is just muscle, weight is definitely not on my side, then again, I don’t have it bad as This Radical dude

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican