Right wrist hurts alot

Related:
Create New Tag

8/29/2018 4:58 AM

So i already searched for this topic but it was mostly old threads and i didnt want to post again on a really old thread. So basically im kinda new to riding, been riding for about 2months now. About a week ago after coming home from a sesh my right wrist started to hurt quite a bit when turning it or whatever. I can now turn it somewhat but it still hurts in some places. But if i lean on anything, it hurts like absolute hell, even after 1week. Ive been riding in this week when my wrist was hurting but i just cant do any kinda drop or hop. Is it normal for my wrist to hurt even a week afterwards or did i fuck up my wrist?

|

8/29/2018 5:05 AM

Broken wrist? My left wrist is currently broken and it didn't take much to break it lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/29/2018 5:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 5:13 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Broken wrist? My left wrist is currently broken and it didn't take much to break it lol

I dont know i havent been to a doctor but like i can mo e it and shit but if i lean on it a certain way it kinda hurts. I dont think its broken, i feel like that would hurt alot more

|

8/29/2018 5:39 AM

Quit jacking off

|

It’s all bmx

8/29/2018 5:50 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

toosoberforthis wrote:

I dont know i havent been to a doctor but like i can mo e it and shit but if i lean on it a certain way it kinda hurts. I dont ...more

Just go to a doctor. Don't take risks with wrist injuries dude...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/29/2018 5:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 5:58 AM

I’m going through something similar. I left a skatepark session and my left wrist started to kill me. I could move it all around but when I went to rotate it, it would kill me. You most likely just sprained it. Best thing to do is just chill out for a week. Grab an ace bandage, wrap it up for a few days and use ice every now and then. It’s been a little over a week of not riding and it’s feeling a whole lot better. Take it easy, let it rest. You’ll thank me in the future. Or go to the doctor, not a forum.

|

8/29/2018 6:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 6:21 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Quit jacking off

Don't listen to a Mexican doctor. I'm an American doctor and I think you should jack off more.

For real though, I go by the "if its not 2x the size, purple, and impossible to move without pain, it's not broken" rule. So you probably either sprained it, hyper extended it, or just have been beating on it too much and need to let it rest.

So like Baltimoron said, take it easy, let it heal, then get back to it. Maybe look into different grips or bars.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/29/2018 7:25 AM

Take some ibuprofen and don't ride until it stops hurting. This kind of thing is extremely common.

|

8/29/2018 7:50 AM

Hi

If it is just a general ache, you are quite new to the pressure hops/landings will put on your wrists, but you will get used to it.. like a guitarist building up callouses on fingers... just stick with it...

If you had a tumble (which I did 6 weeks ago, fractured scaphoid), then get it checked out....

I did both wrists in my fall, both hurt.. but the fracture was obviously different after 4/5 hours of the fall... sickening pain and a numbness in my thumb....

Hope all is ok

|

8/29/2018 7:54 AM

You got loose joints in the wrists? That plus riding, especially for someone not used to it too much can easily result in some minor bone bruising or just pain from the ends "banging against eachother". Not sure if you even need to have particularly loose joints tbh

|