Rim Help! :) Primo 7K Balance OR Alienation Runaway?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/1/2013 5:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2013 5:04 AM

Hey broddahs!

Getting a new back rim... Not because of the cult match rim being heavy or anything... I use brakes and no matter how Trued i make it, it still has a fucking weld hop... it's really shitting me, because when i ride you can REALLY feel it... They aren't really made to a good "braking" standard if you ask me, good for street abuse but.... It's not really my type of rim, tried it out, not bad but i don't like it....

I'm thinking about matching my front rim with the alienation runaway in chrome or get the primo 7005 balance.
Anybody know any good about this rim? I've seen a lot of people run it but nobody has told me how it rolls... =/

I'm really abusive to cranks but not to wheels, they usually stay trued for a year before i have to tweak them.

What would you guys chose? Primo or Runaway?
Be advised im a park rat and a fair smooth rider, and i never through or abuse my bike, it's my baby!

Really wanted the primo 7k but im realllllyyy starting to warp towards the runaway if i could get it in chrome.

|

5/1/2013 5:14 AM

Primo!

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/1/2013 5:15 AM

Get the Primo! I myself avoid anything Alienation for a couple of reasons. Number 1. I dont like that the majority of their rims arent even welded! Pinned & Sleeved rims are pretty hit & miss some last a while others just blow up with a hard case. I have destroyed a fair few Pinned rims myself, Welded ALL THE WAY!! Also 2. One of their representatives made a complete arse of himself on another forum arguing about how he designed all the rims himself & they were not copies of other companies rims (which sadly to say a few of them are look at cross sections of Odyssey Hazard Lites & then one of their welded rims) Go with the Primo 100%.

|

5/1/2013 5:21 AM

Topsey wrote:

Get the Primo! I myself avoid anything Alienation for a couple of reasons. Number 1. I dont like that the majority of their rims arent even welded! Pinned & Sleeved rims are pretty hit & miss some last a while others just blow up with a hard case. I have destroyed a fair few Pinned rims myself, Welded ALL THE WAY!! Also 2. One of their representatives made a complete arse of himself on another forum arguing about how he designed all the rims himself & they were not copies of other companies rims (which sadly to say a few of them are look at cross sections of Odyssey Hazard Lites & then one of their welded rims) Go with the Primo 100%.

the runaway is welded, and ive ran a pinned seem front wheel for 2 years, Sun Ringle Villa's and they are single walled lol...

I'm not hard on rims, like i said, i like the primo but i dno, im getting a chrome deviant and i just want to know if it would be smarter saving some money and getting a chrome runaway.

|

5/1/2013 5:37 AM

Skylark/runaway
I love them, and im pretty abusive on wheels, or you can get g sport rollcage's

|

Text For Faster Response (727) 218 4305
Follow Me On Instagram - @Marcog_727
Refs–
Sold : Mrhavoc1988, Skubasteve, Joe_Martinez, -Havok-
Bought : ii Krxfted, Tomdon, SnM An1mal, ScramHype, Ecuadevil, TheHorrorContract
Traded : Wolfen, Kevin_Burnett, The_Bmxist, Wilberto_Mora, Mobking, Joe_Martinez

5/1/2013 5:45 AM

Marco_Gonzalez wrote:

Skylark/runaway
I love them, and im pretty abusive on wheels, or you can get g sport rollcage's

Tight on money bro sad!

I think ill get Deviant Chrome & Runaway Chrome... At least my rear end will be a tad lighter, plus when i get my rear powerblock even lighter, my bike is super rear end heavy sadfront end is super light, heavy rear, feels weird haha

|

5/1/2013 5:51 AM

Ive run both personally and currently running the primo 7 series. The rim has held up but comes out of true a little more than id like and dents super easy. I have dents all around the rim but i ride brakeless so it doesnt mess with me.

My alienation runaway was a great rim and stayed really true for over a year or 2. I had it matched with the brakeless alienation in the front and i loved my wheelset. id still be running them if my bike wasnt stolen.

|

5/1/2013 5:54 AM

Bmxican406 wrote:

Ive run both personally and currently running the primo 7 series. The rim has held up but comes out of true a little more than id like and dents super easy. I have dents all around the rim but i ride brakeless so it doesnt mess with me.

My alienation runaway was a great rim and stayed really true for over a year or 2. I had it matched with the brakeless alienation in the front and i loved my wheelset. id still be running them if my bike wasnt stolen.

knowing you have both, and i run brakes, you think the alienation set?

|

5/1/2013 7:32 AM

i loved my alienation rims, i know a lot of people have issues with them not being original and copying designs but the rims held up, i did have brakes on for a while and they are pretty light. For the money id go with the alienation. I like my primos but def not worth the price.

|

5/1/2013 7:40 AM

Eastern venus is the only 7series fusion welded rim besidex the ezra out right now.
The sidewall on this rim is AMAZING for brakes it doesnt look like a huge sidewall but you have alot of sidewall there so its not ashard to align the pads.
Also I have yet to see one with a hop.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/1/2013 7:43 AM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Eastern venus is the only 7series fusion welded rim besidex the ezra out right now.
The sidewall on this rim is AMAZING for brakes it doesnt look like a huge sidewall but you have alot of sidewall there so its not ashard to align the pads.

Ive been looking for the eastern rims but they have been sold out a lot. i heard awesome things about these rims they are super beastly.

|

5/1/2013 10:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2013 11:00 AM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Unless this is some new sort of meaning of 'Fusion Welded', every single Welded Rim or Bike Part for that matter is Fusion Welded. Not saying Eastern is bad or anything btw.

|

5/1/2013 3:42 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Unless this is some new sort of meaning of 'Fusion Welded', every single Welded Rim or Bike Part for that matter is Fusion Welded. Not saying Eastern is bad or anything btw.

Yeah that was my assumption, To me, rims aren't my biggest worry, it's bars and cranks, i've bent and snapped cranks and bars in the past and recently not even two days ago snapped my cranks at the welds for the sprocket bolt and near the spindle... goes all the way around.

I'm hard on frames so i got a street frame instead of a park frame (BSD Bev) sick frame btw...

But i rather have a primo balance in chrome or a alientation runaway but im stick thinking what to get.
And anybody know any websites with $10 AUD shipping like CRC for rims? that has a chrome alienation runaway? CRC has the deviant in chrome but not the runaway. Anybody give us a hand?

|

5/2/2013 8:00 PM

Primo FTW they have the best warranty as well

|

REFSREFS: Four, agfracing, bmx4life121303, Austin_Read, the balt, handlebar-to-face, Murtaugh, killjonken, Bmx&volkswagens, TCbmx(x2), spikez5, A08, SuperstarDK, blizzbikes, ecuadevil, BMX4Lyfee, Kroller, 2283kdogg, ShadowBmx1995, WeAreFucked, killedglamour, Showtime402, ScramHype, Prophet, 2wheelguy, ugot2dewitt, Sancheezz, tomdon five16-207-nine457

5/2/2013 8:01 PM

I would get the Primo.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/2/2013 10:26 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

This, mine is untrued though, it's just because i suck at truing though

|

DialedGuerraBmx

5/2/2013 10:31 PM

Alienations are pretty good, cheap too

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/3/2013 2:06 AM

Hey man check out torpedo 7 if you are in AUS like myself, they have some at the moment for really cheap, thats if you are thinking of 48H, the 48's are at $50 and yeah get a primo, i've had mine just under 12 months now and i've been riding heavy street ever since i got it and laced it myself too hahaha. so yeah it holds up great, should be great for breaks (I don't ride them) and its light too.

Hope you get one cheep man and good luck out there

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/3/2013 3:16 AM

jamiespadina wrote:

Hey man check out torpedo 7 if you are in AUS like myself, they have some at the moment for really cheap, thats if you are thinking of 48H, the 48's are at $50 and yeah get a primo, i've had mine just under 12 months now and i've been riding heavy street ever since i got it and laced it myself too hahaha. so yeah it holds up great, should be great for breaks (I don't ride them) and its light too.

Hope you get one cheep man and good luck out there

where abouts in aus you at man?

victoria, melbourne for me

|