Rim decission?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/17/2013 8:42 AM

I am wanting to change out my rear rim (Salt Front rim single wall) for a sun rim but i have two choices
The sun big baller which i would think is stronger or the Sun Rhyno Light XL

I am not to heavy 70kg and 187cm in height but i ride pretty heavy street with heaps of gaps drops and sets and need something that will last me. my last rear was fucked and the front as well (i have the new front) and i dont care about weight at all.
So which one do you think would suit me better?

Thank you for all answers even if its a "get a odyssey lite they wont break i have had four and i ride park"

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/17/2013 9:22 AM

Sun Rhyno Light XL's are plenty strong enough i was actually quite suprised at how strong they are. When you think there are Rims way lighter than them now so i cannot see why they wouldn't be fine for Street. If you want ultimate strength & never have to worry about your Rim again get the Big Baller...

However....

If you want the ultimate bomb proof super street tough Rim then you need to get yourself a G-Sport Ribcage.

|

7/17/2013 9:52 AM

i would get the Rhyno lite kinda disapointed that i got alienation runway rims now because my spokes are already lose and from what albes said cross laced wheels come lose faster that the norm and something about all new wheels doing that but that doesnt make sense because my wheels from last year came tight as fuck and remain tight as fuck but the only difference is the rims are not cross laced (odyssey 7KA's)

never buy parts for the color, just buy parts that are actually going to last ive make that mistake one to many times now

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/17/2013 2:19 PM

Topsey wrote:

Sun Rhyno Light XL's are plenty strong enough i was actually quite suprised at how strong they are. When you think there are Rims way lighter than them now so i cannot see why they wouldn't be fine for Street. If you want ultimate strength & never have to worry about your Rim again get the Big Baller...

However....

If you want the ultimate bomb proof super street tough Rim then you need to get yourself a G-Sport Ribcage.

Yeah i'm going to go with the big baller thank you smile
And i've been a supporter since the big city which i used to run on rear and the only reason im not running it now is because its 48H. cheers for the input

|

7/17/2013 2:21 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

i would get the Rhyno lite kinda disapointed that i got alienation runway rims now because my spokes are already lose and from what albes said cross laced wheels come lose faster that the norm and something about all new wheels doing that but that doesnt make sense because my wheels from last year came tight as fuck and remain tight as fuck but the only difference is the rims are not cross laced (odyssey 7KA's)

never buy parts for the color, just buy parts that are actually going to last ive make that mistake one to many times now

Thanks OneEye. if you looked at my old bike you would see that just about nothing matches in colour and even now its all over the place. thanks anyway

|

7/17/2013 8:31 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

And i've been a supporter since the big city which i used to run on rear and the only reason im not running it now is because its 48H. cheers for the input

Good choice. Sun has been around forever. My boys bike has A Sun Estate on the rear, it's cross laced, and it feels plenty solid with my big ass on it. I decided to go with 48s myself just for added strength, and just got really lucky I was able to build a 48h set of Ribcages with a Gsport Monkey and Ratchet hubs.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/18/2013 3:53 AM

Topsey wrote:

However....

jamiespadina wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

Good choice. Sun has been around forever. My boys bike has A Sun Estate on the rear, it's cross laced, and it feels plenty solid with my big ass on it. I decided to go with 48s myself just for added strength, and just got really lucky I was able to build a 48h set of Ribcages with a Gsport Monkey and Ratchet hubs.

you lucky bugger on getting the 48's

|

7/18/2013 3:56 AM

Okay this will be the order im doing with a friend to cut costs on empire.

1093522 - Kink Lightest bar ends black (For ME)
$9.95 Remove
1092680 - Gsport Ribcage rim 36h - black
$89.95 Remove
1080200 - Sun Big Baller rim rim 36h - black (For Me)
$49.95 Remove
1020405 - KMC 415H street chain OH HELL NO, GET ME OUT OF HERE (For Me)
$16.95 Remove
1094826 - Primo DSG cog guard black
$14.95 Remove
1096202 - Cult 510 chain black
$12.95 Remove

|