Rim size

Related:
Create New Tag

9/20/2019 12:08 PM

I have a complete bmx that came with Eclat Trippin XL rims. And the tires are impossible to take off with any tool. Only way i can take the tire off of this rim is with 2 long allen keys and I need to know the technique of taking it off. Is this problem common? Is it because of the rim or the tire? Are there specific tires for these rims?

|

9/20/2019 12:47 PM

|

fack off

9/20/2019 1:08 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

You clearly havent seen that I said i barely take the tire off even with two metal hex keys. Levers just broke right off

|

9/20/2019 1:58 PM

|

9/20/2019 2:02 PM

Good tyre levers won’t snap with good technique. Sounds like you’re forcing one area too much. But on the plus side, using allen keys will damage your rims and tyres, so you won’t have this problem much longer when you need to replace them

|

9/20/2019 2:36 PM

Tarik_Hadzalic wrote:

I have a complete bmx that came with Eclat Trippin XL rims. And the tires are impossible to take off with any tool. Only way i can take the tire off of this rim is with 2 long allen keys and I need to know the technique of taking it off. Is this problem common? Is it because of the rim or the tire? Are there specific tires for these rims?

What tires? I had trippin' rims and had no issues taking off the stock tires and replacing them a few times with different tires... bsd donnasqueaks, bsd donnastreets folding and odyssey path pros...

|

9/20/2019 2:40 PM

Tarik_Hadzalic wrote:

You clearly havent seen that I said i barely take the tire off even with two metal hex keys. Levers just broke right off

Just poor technique. It'll improve over time.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/21/2019 4:42 AM

Tarik_Hadzalic wrote:

BigMeanPunk wrote:

What tires? I had trippin' rims and had no issues taking off the stock tires and replacing them a few times with different tires... bsd donnasqueaks, bsd donnastreets folding and odyssey path pros...

Saltplus STING 2.4 front and 2.35 rear. Those came with this bike on Trippin XL rims

|

9/21/2019 4:47 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Good tyre levers won’t snap with good technique. Sounds like you’re forcing one area too much. But on the plus side, using allen keys will damage your rims and tyres, so you won’t have this problem much longer when you need to replace them

My rim is pretty much scratched on both sides.

|

9/21/2019 5:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/21/2019 5:43 AM

Lmfao Who the fuck uses Allen keys WTF!!!

You ever hear of a flat head screwdriver 😆🤣😂

More than likely if you let all the air out you should be able to take the tire off without tools just by pushing it off the rim from the opposite side of the valve hole

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

9/21/2019 6:12 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Lmfao Who the fuck uses Allen keys WTF!!!

You ever hear of a flat head screwdriver 😆🤣😂

More than likely if you let all the air out you should be able to take the tire off without tools just by pushing it off the rim from the opposite side of the valve hole

Well if it was that easy I wouldnt be here.

|

9/21/2019 6:40 AM

Tarik_Hadzalic wrote:

Saltplus STING 2.4 front and 2.35 rear. Those came with this bike on Trippin XL rims

Exact same set up I had... which WTP bike is it? The crysis? They should come off fine. Just get good tire levers and watch some how-to videos.

|

9/21/2019 6:45 AM

My tires came off my Trippin XLs no problem. Exactly the same setup.

|

9/21/2019 9:25 AM

Tarik_Hadzalic wrote:

Get steel reinforced tire levers, they wont break if you het a quality set. Allens will mess up your rim.

Wide rims just seem to have this issue. When I switched to the huge federal rim I had the same issue. I have to get both left and right beads as close to the center as possible and jam a tire lever in there. Sucks lol

Im going to try a new tire combo to see if its just the particular tires I run currently that have the problem.

|

9/21/2019 2:33 PM

BigMeanPunk wrote:

Tarik_Hadzalic wrote:

BigMeanPunk wrote:

Exact same set up I had... which WTP bike is it? The crysis? They should come off fine. Just get good tire levers and watch some how-to videos.

Crysis 2018

|

9/21/2019 2:35 PM

Tarik_Hadzalic wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Get steel reinforced tire levers, they wont break if you het a quality set. Allens will mess up your rim.

Wide rims just seem to have this issue. When I switched to the huge federal rim I had the same issue. I have to get both left and right beads as close to the center as possible and jam a tire lever in there. Sucks lol

Im going to try a new tire combo to see if its just the particular tires I run currently that have the problem.

No metal levers here,plastic only. Ill take my friends tire to check if it fits easier on my rim. I agree,its a pain in the a** so take them off

|

9/21/2019 4:25 PM

Tarik_Hadzalic wrote:

No metal levers here,plastic only. Ill take my friends tire to check if it fits easier on my rim. I agree,its a pain in the a** so take them off

Try putting a little chalk on the bead of the tyre, to help it slip over the rim.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/21/2019 11:16 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Tarik_Hadzalic wrote:

Sounds like you should take it to your local bike shop and let them install your tires

|

fack off

9/21/2019 11:57 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Tarik_Hadzalic wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Try putting a little chalk on the bead of the tyre, to help it slip over the rim.

Never heard this before. Ill try

|

9/21/2019 11:58 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Tarik_Hadzalic wrote:

adamnmexican wrote:

Sounds like you should take it to your local bike shop and let them install your tires

I need to fix this problem so i dont go back home with a flat.

|

9/22/2019 5:29 AM

WD40

|

9/22/2019 6:15 AM

Komedy wrote:

WD40

That'd make it harder to remove the next time...

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

9/22/2019 9:29 AM

Grab it with your hands and pull/push that sum bitch off the rim. I can’t remember the last time I needed a tool to get a tire off.. Bare hands and elbow grease work great.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/22/2019 12:55 PM

Spray the outside of the rim/bead with soap. That's the magic trick imo. And of course knowin what your doing.

|

9/22/2019 3:15 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Grab it with your hands and pull/push that sum bitch off the rim. I can’t remember the last time I needed a tool to get a tire off.. Bare hands and elbow grease work great.

I think we went to grade school together, is that when you learned too?

<°)))>{

|