Rims

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2012 10:26 PM

What rim is better. Animal RS or cinema 777. The RS looks sweet and comes at a good price. so dies the 777 tho. Is anyone running a Kink orion yet?

|

8/26/2012 10:33 PM

Animal! It's cheap and it's animal it won't break. and they look dope. It's doubled walled and only like 16 ounces i think get em.

|

8/26/2012 10:40 PM

CallMeBaws wrote:

Animal! It's cheap and it's animal it won't break. and they look dope. It's doubled walled and only like 16 ounces i think get em.

yeah but have you ridden them? i don't really care about weight anymore, last "light" part i bought snapped. I admit they look dope but i've gotten mixed reviews on them.

|

8/26/2012 10:46 PM

A really good friend of mine rides it rear and he rides hard plus he has a bmx shop, so i'm quiet sure they will hold up!

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

8/26/2012 10:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2012 10:50 PM

Heard horrid things about the RS, I have a Cinema and it's strong and I love it at first I had my doubts but, after riding it I have no regrets. Then again I really don't like Animal therefor I may not be credible due to my strong disliking of the brand...

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

8/26/2012 10:48 PM

andyferly wrote:

A really good friend of mine rides it rear and he rides hard plus he has a bmx shop, so i'm quiet sure they will hold up!

Sweet. Can anyone else back this up? i know the 777 are strong. i'm basically looking for something on the cheaper side and still strong. not to cheap tho, i was thinking about alienation delinquent rims but ehh.

|

8/26/2012 10:55 PM

Me? wrote:

Heard horrid things about the RS, I have a Cinema and it's strong and I love it at first I had my doubts but, after riding it I have no regrets. Then again I really don't like Animal therefor I may not be credible due to my strong disliking of the brand...

What horrid things have you heard?

|

8/26/2012 11:07 PM

MeRidesBikes wrote:

Multiple things from people "tacoing" them to them being and I quote "uncomfortably flexible" then again I don't like Animal and have never ridden one but, In This thread there seems to be quite a bit of bad towards the RS... And the thread is only a few days old.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

8/26/2012 11:09 PM

Me? wrote:

MeRidesBikes wrote:

Me? wrote:

Multiple things from people "tacoing" them to them being and I quote "uncomfortably flexible" then again I don't like Animal and have never ridden one but, In This thread there seems to be quite a bit of bad towards the RS... And the thread is only a few days old.

i actually read a bit of that thread, totally forgot about it tho. eh maybe its not good, only way i can find out is if i buy it but i don't want to risk it..

|

8/26/2012 11:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2012 11:14 PM

MeRidesBikes wrote:

i actually read a bit of that thread, totally forgot about it tho. eh maybe its not good, only way i can find out is if i buy it but i don't want to risk it..

I love my Cinema and I have had really good experiences with GSport and Shadow Stuns I also had a good experience with a Demolition Zero... Just a couple rims you may want to consider.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

8/26/2012 11:15 PM

MeRidesBikes wrote:

yeah but have you ridden them? i don't really care about weight anymore, last "light" part i bought snapped. I admit they look dope but i've gotten mixed reviews on them.

I ride g sports. I see people at skateparks riding hard on the animals though. What color are you getting?

|

8/26/2012 11:22 PM

CallMeBaws wrote:

MeRidesBikes wrote:

CallMeBaws wrote:

I ride g sports. I see people at skateparks riding hard on the animals though. What color are you getting?

red

|

8/26/2012 11:25 PM

Me? wrote:

MeRidesBikes wrote:

Me? wrote:

I love my Cinema and I have had really good experiences with GSport and Shadow Stuns I also had a good experience with a Demolition Zero... Just a couple rims you may want to consider.

One of my friends has a 777, he never rides tho so i wouldn't know if its good. 2 of my friends have demo zeros, they're nice, they run them with really loose spokes too and the rims still manage to hold up. G-sports are amazing, from experience and from what i hear and see. i've never seen a shadow rim however

|

8/26/2012 11:26 PM

MeRidesBikes wrote:

red

That's fresh man, it's a good choice honestly there are bad reviews on ever rim, no rim is going to last forever just get what you like.

|

8/26/2012 11:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2012 11:35 PM

CallMeBaws wrote:

MeRidesBikes wrote:

red

CallMeBaws wrote:

That's fresh man, it's a good choice honestly there are bad reviews on ever rim, no rim is going to last forever just get what you like.

for real. Thats why i was looking at the RS rim. It looks awesome. But the cinema is probably a cheaper and stronger choice, i'm gonna slap some white walls on whatever i get. hopefully it'll look dope

|

8/27/2012 12:04 AM

Animal have never had much luck with rims, Ive got some Eclat bondis on my current bike ive had them for a few years now still straight as an arrow taken some serious abuse too. I would reccomend Eclat rims to anyone, get the welded ones though, not the pinned ones.

|

8/27/2012 12:15 AM

I love Animal but that's the only thing I wouldn't ride made by them, their rims. I guess you can't knock it until you've tried it but I've heard a lot of bad shit about them and also, some friend of mine folded one...

|

REPS
JakeSalbert, Stephan.yupthatsme, bmxrider4lyfe, cb4130, mactive818, Broughton, Dream, Kymike (x2), Sam.cooper1291, louie101202, nshs2010, hatebreeder, justin vogelsberger, Xlilkillaluc15x, Four, Blakebmx92, Brian_Griffin, Element4all, HardBMX_Tim, HondaCRFRacer

8/27/2012 12:31 AM

its true what they say, you get what you pay for

|

Photobucket

8/27/2012 12:33 AM

get hazrd lites off dans same price as anml rs

|

Photobucket

8/27/2012 1:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/27/2012 2:00 AM

CallMeBaws wrote:

Bullshit. I bought The RS hoping it would last me forever. It seemed promising made from 7005 AL and nice construction but it turned out to be such a piece of shit. It got out of true so much. Got flat spots running high pressure and overall looked like a cheap stock rim. Worst thing i ever bought. Get a Hazard Lite or that 777

|

Golf Wang

The Montaña Bike Check

Cult Sticker Hatred

Benny Fucking L

Refs: Showtime402, Mybike1986

8/27/2012 2:30 AM

go with the 777,,, if you got the extra few bucks go with a hazlite or gsport or fly

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

8/27/2012 4:28 AM

Like Animal but get 777 I rode a 777 for a little and liked it but then I sold it.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

Sig

8/27/2012 10:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/27/2012 10:14 AM

Ok, thats what i'm thinkin now. I wanna get a whole new wheel set so paying for 2 g-sport rims is much more expensive then 2 777's or 2 hazards. does anyone know how good the kink orion rim is?

|