btn
btn
1 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
eskimojay eskimojay
9/14/2021 1:16 PM

Just seen the premier for this , seems dangerous as hell. If anyone’s ordered them or thinking about it watch this , you could be in danger

vagabond vagabond
9/14/2021 1:30 PM

That is pretty brutal.

ACBMX ACBMX
9/14/2021 2:51 PM

Premium dog shit

Gravity always wins.

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
9/14/2021 4:15 PM

Lmao that’s dumb as fuck.

Cellmember Cellmember
9/14/2021 4:42 PM

Wow, their 3 peice was way better.

eskimojay eskimojay
9/14/2021 4:54 PM
Xxohioanxx wrote:

Lmao that’s dumb as fuck.

Makes me wonder if it’s a one man company ran by a guy who doesn’t even ride

This should be at the least a recall
Hopefully no one throws these on and gets injured

ACBMX ACBMX
9/14/2021 5:07 PM

They are supposed to be welded at the end. They obviously forgot.

Gravity always wins.

DanTheBikerMan DanTheBikerMan
9/14/2021 6:26 PM

Guess they haven’t leaned that just because you CAN, doesn’t mean you SHOULD.

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

hoffdirt1 hoffdirt1
9/14/2021 7:38 PM

This is dangerous as shit, last year I had this happen with traditional 3 pc chromo cranks. I had the arm skip on teeth and then explode off. I posted the picture of the spindle and people on here said it was impossible.

Mine happened on a ramp to ramp transfer that i pulled clean. My foot blew off and got cut on the spindle.

There has been multiple issues with RNC. Luckily the people I know have had good experiences with him refunding or sending new parts.

DanTheBikerMan DanTheBikerMan
9/14/2021 8:25 PM
ACBMX wrote:

They are supposed to be ...more

Actually yea it sounds like you’re spot on.

Cranks in the video
Photo

Vs

Same exact cranks on the website
Photo

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

eskimojay eskimojay
9/14/2021 8:35 PM
ACBMX wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Actually yea it sounds ...more

Holy shit Sherlock Holmes over here

readybmxer readybmxer
9/14/2021 8:56 PM

Good thing the price tag removed it from my radar anyways.

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

.pegless. .pegless.
9/14/2021 10:57 PM

Darwinism

dave lawrence dave lawrence
9/15/2021 5:33 AM

I will say this-he is over-reaching with the thought that the one arm and spindle are ONE PIECE. Here's why:

Photo

It flat out states the "Crank arms are machined from a solid bar of 6al-4V titanium (no welds)" which does not state the arm/spindle are one piece.

Then the next line states "Heat treated titanium spindle is 35% stronger than normal 6al-4v titanium"

How could they target ONLY THE SPINDLE to heat treat it and not mess with the arm at all if they were machined from one piece of ti? Sure, Ti has a lower thermal conductivity than alloy, and is similar to stainless in that category, but it would still partially heat treat the junction where spindle would turn to crank arm, and depending on how long they heat treat, it would get that whole arm hot. Even if they targeted cooling methods on the junction, it would cause a non-heat treated spot RIGHT where the hot and cold meet, or even seep into the spindle causing portions to not be heat treated.

It is clearly a wedged on crank arm that was supposed to have been welded and wasn't. The only error is the lack of a weld to connect the spindle and the arm and on Fede for over-reaching with his thought that it was falsely advertised.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Black Swamp Ghost Black Swamp Ghost
9/15/2021 5:45 AM
dave lawrence wrote:

I will say this-he is ...more

Agreed, my thoughts as well..

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult: Seneca

Mishinn_Control Mishinn_Control
9/15/2021 5:55 AM
ACBMX wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Actually yea it sounds ...more

eskimojay wrote:

Holy shit Sherlock Holmes ...more

I wonder if they forgot to weld it or if they tried to just go with a tight press fit thinking that would suffice (a lot of car and motorcycle internals are press fit). Eighter way, from the getgo, I thought, "that should be welded".

And to those thinking the crank arm and spindle would be "machined from one solid piece" (including the video host), that's redic. There would be SO MUCH waste in doing that, that the price of the crankset would, AT LEAST, double. So that miscommunication is forgivable, in my eyes.

.pegless. .pegless.
9/15/2021 7:34 AM

It's the kinda thing that shouldn't be forgotten or overlooked though. Seems like their QC is probably the worst in BMX, and the price tag makes it even worse. Hell I wouldn't buy below average price chromoly cranks from them based on how many fuck ups they've had

ACBMX ACBMX
9/15/2021 7:36 AM

Technically the arm and spline *are* one piece. If they are press fitted or welded together when you pick them up you pick up one piece.

I don't like TI parts. I think it's all a waste of time and money. TI has been used several times over the past 30 years, and there is a good reason why it never caught on. It's terribly unpredictable for starters. It won't give you warnings or signs like 4130 does, it will just go. This is why Laird won't warranty his frames. Because he knows this too well. He will repair it for you at a price....

If Taj and Joe and Robbie could throw around big old tanks (and Jimmy etc) then what riders have now is more than light enough and more than good enough. Which shows in the progression of air tricks. I just don't understand why people want to buy TI stuff and I suppose I never will.

These will creak no matter what. People with the other versions all say they creak.

I know I like my bikes to look nice and clean etc. I suppose vanity has replaced what I am capable of on a BMX (Im 48 now) but I tell you if I was in my prime I would want the strongest I could have gotten. Imagine you put these straight on and gapped a big set of stairs? jesus you would have smashed both your feet in.

And at $600? sheesh, that is a whole mid/high end complete you could totally thrash the bejesus out of and not give a damn.

Gravity always wins.

ACBMX ACBMX
9/15/2021 7:37 AM
.pegless. wrote:

It's the kinda thing that ...more

Aye, especially when it took you over three months to supply them.

Gravity always wins.

MostlyBowlDoggin MostlyBowlDoggin
9/15/2021 9:11 AM

Pretty big oversight by RNC. Does anyone know if Ryan over there at RNC has any kind of engineering background or is he just a dude with a milling machine and lathe who knows how to draft cool looking things?

I wouldn't be worried about smaller stuff he makes like bar ends and sprockets but cranks and stems? Hard pass. Anyone who buys that stuff is a guinea pig at this point.

pnj pnj
9/15/2021 9:38 AM

Isn't the guy in the video on this site?

I seem to remember someone on here paying for, and waiting... for.. a .... long time. to get those cranks.

the guy in the video is either adding drama or just dumb if he thinks the spindle and arm are machined from one piece. you can clearly see it is two pieces press fit.

9/15/2021 10:09 AM
.pegless. wrote:

Well, that's the question, isn't it? WAS it forgotten or was it something they thought a press fit would do the job? The way the reply from RNC sounded is seems like they have tested it with a press fit and no weld and thought that would suffice. But, as qwe all know, real world often brings up variables that aren't thought of in R&D test scenarios. If it was forgotten, yeah, that's a shit scenario. At those prices, you had better be sure eveything is perfect for your customers.

9/15/2021 10:12 AM
MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

Pretty big oversight by ...more

THat sort of machiniing is more than just a "milling machine". That's definitely a CNC. However, that's not to say it isn't some machinist in his well-equipped garage making parts, either. You'd hope there would be actual enginerring involved.

9/15/2021 10:16 AM
MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

Yeah, I'm woth you on the "main parts" bit. I'm not comfortable trusting my well-being to parts made of a material that is known for caratastrophic failure without warning. Like you said, sprockets, bar ends, etc.... but structural items, no thanks. Hell, I might even be open to a ti chain is someone crated one... but then again, that is a pricey endeavor for a part that will wear out.

.pegless. .pegless.
9/15/2021 11:05 AM
.pegless. wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Well, that's the question, ...more

But that would make me question what the rnd involved! A slightly heavy landing shouldn't make any cranks jump splines, and should be the absolute bare minimum of even race cranks, or any other part for that matter. Even seen Shimano hollowtech II cranks? They look like they'd break if you sneeze too hard, but seem to hold up

eskimojay eskimojay
9/15/2021 11:21 AM
MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

I’m wondering if the dude even is a rider ? Or is he some outsider nerd with a machine and a test press trying to make a quick buck off BMX , the way I see it this is why you should support companies that pay teams of riders to test prototype products before they go to market . This dude at rnc is basically selling prototypes out of his shop and crash test dummying his customers

9/15/2021 12:03 PM
.pegless. wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Well, that's the question, ...more

.pegless. wrote:

But that would make me ...more

Yeah, I don't know. Is the "one-piece" crank and spindle actually splined? Or is is just press fit? I would think that a pressfit wit ha spline might be a viable alternative to welding and I woudln't expect that to slip the way this crand and spindle did. It really seems to me that this had to be a missed weld (QA) situation.

pnj pnj
9/15/2021 12:20 PM
eskimojay wrote:

I’m wondering if the dude ...more

RNC guy is from around here. I think he moved to california but i'm pretty sure he started out around here. I don't think he rides or if he does/ did, not hard.

he's been making parts for a long time it seems. I wouldn't call it 'making a quick buck' simply because he's been doing it for so long. Quick buck , to me, means getting in, getting paid, and getting out.

I think he makes suppressors for fire arms too. He should test his parts by shooting them.

.pegless. .pegless.
9/15/2021 2:16 PM
MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

I’m wondering if the dude ...more

pnj wrote:

RNC guy is from around ...more

Are suppressors even legal in Cali?

pnj pnj
9/15/2021 2:29 PM
.pegless. wrote:

Are suppressors even legal ...more

no idea but they are legal in my state. they have to be registered, etc

I think they are legal in most states. but you can't just walk into a store and buy one. guns you can. lol. but not 'silencers'.

** edit **

from google

Despite common perceptions, suppressors are perfectly legal to own unless you live in the 11 states of California, Delaware, Hawaii, Iowa, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.

btn
btn
1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP