Rock walks

Related:
Create New Tag

4/5/2013 9:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2013 9:49 PM

Is it just in my town or does this happen allover latly.......yesterday first bike sesh of the year and about 6 newbs where trying to learn rock walks and kept calling them g turns......i didnt bother telling them that though, they wouldnt stop asking for advice wich im cool with giving.......i didnt really feel like disapointing them telling them how far off their idea of g turns was.

|

4/5/2013 9:50 PM

All the goddamn time. I know little kids who will say they can g turn and someone will be like "Really? sick" thinking they actually can do it, not knowing the kid means rockwalk/endo 180. I usually call it an endo 180 though

|

4/5/2013 9:55 PM

Ya.....flatlanders call them rockwalks.....i call them either that or nosepivot 180 to halfcab.....g turns are crazy i cant do them....it confused the hell out of me when they asked me how to g turn

|

4/5/2013 10:06 PM

Nose 180s too...

but yeah, G turns are fuckin weird. I can do them half assed but I always tire tap slightly

|

4/5/2013 10:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2013 10:20 PM

Theres like ten new bikers in my town just popped up out of nowhere all highschool kids......half of them are pretty cool and actually rode around trying to progress, the other half seemed like douche bags, it was amusing having kids tell me my brakes werent cool and how they were getting new 4.5 pound frames while they sat around in the way. It should be pretty funny to see the kids on the old school haro completes ripping up the kids who spend all their money and still cant do anything.

|

4/5/2013 10:19 PM

Oh god there's kids here just like that. I had a kid want to trade my spare front wheel for his just cause it was slightly lighter. The ones who actually try and progress pump me up, I love riding with new people who try to learn stuff

|

4/5/2013 10:24 PM

Ya it was pretty fun my old bike crew all went of to college or quit.....a few of the new kids where learning 180s and disasters......i predict half of them will progress and the other half will eventually fade out and quit, boggles my mind how many young kids love to shit talk each other before they can even hop a foot high, pretty funny though. Should be an interesting summer.

|

4/5/2013 10:29 PM

That sounds exactly like here. A lot of kids here when losing an argument not even related to bmx sometimes, will be like "Yeah?!? well you can't even 180 flat faggot fuck you" or something. Most of them wanna just cause trouble too, I'm outgrowing that phase.

|

4/5/2013 10:38 PM

Im cool with giving tips and riding with chill dudes, but i pretty much had to constantly keep riding around the park to avoid the stupid kids with the stupid questions following me around yesterday, i think i might give them bad advice so they blow all their money and atleast support some companys before they probably quit atleast, im pretty stoked that around half of them werent totally trendy retards and actually pretty cool.

|

4/5/2013 10:43 PM

That's what I do haha, they think you can learn a trick by being told how to do it. I mean I do my best to help, but if they wanna learn a 360 before they can 180 though.. I can't really do much there and they keep asking me. I'm cool with most every rider in town except the ones like you said who are trendy retards & annoying as shit

|