Rocker bars good for standard bmx?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/24/2017 11:05 AM

Hi it's my first post on this forum,
I'm looking to buy a new pair of bars for my madmain BMX bike as the standard ones are quite small (18" bike). I'm trying to save money and rocker bmx bars seem cheaper than most bars, what's the difference between rocker bars and normal bars, I thougt they were standard size?

|

7/24/2017 11:16 AM

Don't. Just don't. Save up more and get a different bike, an 18" is probably wayyy too small for you

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

7/24/2017 12:18 PM

Don't, rocker bars are like 13" tall.

|

7/24/2017 3:33 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Don't. Just don't. Save up more and get a different bike, an 18" is probably wayyy too small for you

And your basing this off what exactly?? first post, no mention of age or height, could be 8 or 9 years old for all you know so could be perfectly sized, could be wanting bigger bars more for the "look" than anything else.

Waits on next post telling us he's 26 and 6 foot 2.....lol

|

7/25/2017 4:49 AM

Francky wrote:

Don't, rocker bars are like 13" tall.

On the site it says that they are 10"

But...are they cromoly?
They do look like regular bars

|

7/25/2017 5:09 AM

I wouldn't... just save and get something better quality

|

7/31/2017 1:34 PM

So, I hit them up and asked about the bars
They are indeed chromoly and fit regular stems.

I'm going to get them, because I'm building up a bmx to get to work and back, and 10" at 30 euros sounds pretty good

|

7/31/2017 2:09 PM

10" bars on an 18" bike? Do it, and post pics, so we can all point and laugh. But seriously, how tall are you? You avoided that question for some reason. I'm betting you don't need anything over 8" though. Your bike will look and feel ridiculous with 10" bars. Why don't you save the money and buy a real sized bike. If your actually the right size for an 18" you won't need bigger than 7.5.

|

7/31/2017 2:22 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

10" bars on an 18" bike? Do it, and post pics, so we can all point and laugh. But seriously, how tall are you? You avoided that question for some reason. I'm betting you don't need anything over 8" though. Your bike will look and feel ridiculous with 10" bars. Why don't you save the money and buy a real sized bike. If your actually the right size for an 18" you won't need bigger than 7.5.

Nah, I dumped the 16" bike idea

I'm making a 20" bike, with a Khe 20.7" frame , 52mm reach and 34mm rise stem and 10" bars

My current bike is a 21.3" frame with 10" bars and it's sooo comfy and looks ok

I'm 1.77 meters

|

7/31/2017 2:41 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Oh wait, you weren't talking to me, right?

|

7/31/2017 4:12 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

I'm making a 20" bike, with a Khe 20.7" frame , 52mm reach and 34mm rise stem and 10" bars

I'm 1.77 meters

But... why aren't you using this bike is it's sooo comfy?

Plus, Rocker bars are just bad S&M Perfect 10 bars. I have them, they look big on a 20" already. Do indeed post a photo of 10" bars on an 18" setup, though.

|

Scooter rider trying to ride a BMX.
Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

7/31/2017 5:08 PM

Nothing Rocker belongs on a real bmx bike

|

7/31/2017 9:49 PM

readybmxer wrote:

But... why aren't you using this bike is it's sooo comfy?

Plus, Rocker bars are just bad S&M Perfect 10 bars. I have them, they look big on a 20" already. Do indeed post a photo of 10" bars on an 18" setup, though.

I'm planning to ride through mud, blood and tears each day to work and back

So I want a low maintenance, low cost bike that doesn't need to be cleaned after each ride and after which I won't cry too much if it gets stolen

|

9/8/2017 3:48 PM

So, most probably the OP is no longer interested in this, but maybe someone else is thinking about this and I'd like to give my input

It's been almost a month since I got some rocker 10" bars and put them on a new build which I started riding to work and back, but ended up liking it quite a lot so I also use it for normal riding.

And they feel pretty damn solid!
Time will tell if they are also durable, but at 30 euros they are not a bad deal

|

9/8/2017 7:26 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

am-shaegar wrote:

I'm 1.77 meters

That All black bike looks cool! Stealth

|