Rolling out

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2014 5:25 AM

I recently started riding, i learnt how to footjam pretty easily but i cant roll out of it. i start the roll out then loose balance. i dont know if i actually loose balance or im just not confident. What are some tips and tricks that you guys used when learning how to rollout?

|

3/13/2014 7:26 AM

Go against the wall, and then try going backwards. Pedal back, while you are in the middle of the frame or so.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/13/2014 7:49 AM

I learned off a wall that was going a little bit downhill. It takes a while to learn how to roll out but make sure you keep your weight in the back

|

3/13/2014 8:42 AM

Curb endos practice in a parking lot

|

3/13/2014 9:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2014 9:16 AM

find something like this at a skatepark or look for something like this behind a building, parking lot etc.

Photo

ride up, and roll back. you wont get the fakie right away. DONT PEDAL BACKWARDS AT LIGHT SPEED. it only makes things harder and it looks ridiculous. try to pedal backwards nice and mellow and try to control the rollback. when you get comfortable rolling back, turn your bars in the opposite way you want to spin and youll start to get the feel on how to swing around and finish the rollout.

this trick does suck to learn, it takes time and it is frustrating, just keep going.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

3/13/2014 9:31 AM

howlerfbm wrote:

find something like this at a skatepark or look for something like this behind a building, parking lot etc.

Photo

ride up, and ...more

that

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/13/2014 10:33 AM

Or do what I have been doing which is a footjam fakie.. improves balance on the nose and also helps with fakies.

|

Bruh

3/13/2014 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2014 11:12 AM

Foot jam fakies aren't a good way to learn fakies...you land with no speed, off balance, your footing can be wrong...try to find a bank or something to learn them on, the steeper the better since you won't be stationary too long. Ramps work too but be careful not to cut people off

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

3/13/2014 11:20 AM

the only problem that I have is that there are no banks near me... literally in the middle of no where.
But I can get decent speed from a FJ so tis all good.

|

Bruh

3/13/2014 11:38 AM

Should you give a good pedal forward at some point to help whip it around?

|

3/13/2014 1:02 PM

Joey Cash wrote:

Should you give a good pedal forward at some point to help whip it around?

wut?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/13/2014 2:12 PM

Do you mean pedal pressure to help the rotation?

|

Bruh

3/13/2014 4:12 PM

U SHUD GET A FRIECOASTER DEN !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/13/2014 4:16 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

NO

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/13/2014 4:28 PM

Hate fakies, tomorrow ill be practicing them, I hope, but yea its akward af, out of 20 tries I get like 7 lol!

|

3/13/2014 4:38 PM

i recommend a curb rather than footjams
other than that, practice is key
it took me a month to land 2/10

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

3/13/2014 4:45 PM

i will

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/13/2014 5:10 PM

find a nice bank and ride up it. little hop to change your momentum. (it helps alot IMO) then begin to rollout.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

3/13/2014 5:24 PM

^
the hop helps a lot

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

3/13/2014 5:43 PM

T-rider wrote:

i will

nonononononononooo you are not a flatlander or are 180ing 15 stairs

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/13/2014 9:20 PM

All I ever practiced was fakies. I'm so dialed at them, it's like the only thing I can do for my life, except for full cabs and so forth, which I'm trying to get at the moment.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/14/2014 8:28 AM

howlerfbm wrote:

Photo

ride up, and ...more

T-rider wrote:

that

what do you mean by light speed? the speed of light (extremely high) or do you mean low speed?

|

YO

3/14/2014 8:31 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

All I ever practiced was fakies. I'm so dialed at them, it's like the only thing I can do for my life, except for full cabs ...more

The key to full cabs is more speed and commitment ....the faster you go if you are committing to the spin the more momentum it has and the easier it comes around

|

3/14/2014 10:33 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

All I ever practiced was fakies. I'm so dialed at them, it's like the only thing I can do for my life, except for full cabs ...more

This haha I remember going in my driveway and trying them for hours on end on this little dirt bank in my driveway. Before I could even 180 I fakied off it with some random neighborhood kids and one of them was like "damn he can fakie cleaner than me". Now my new frame is super responsive so I half cab more but still...rolling out of a fakie clean (especially after 180ing something or going fast) is the best feeling

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

3/14/2014 10:37 AM

howlerfbm wrote:

Photo

ride up, and ...more

T-rider wrote:

that

swagswag wrote:

what do you mean by light speed? the speed of light (extremely high) or do you mean low speed?

i meant like, dont pedal backwards super fast. its unnecessary and will make everything so much more confusing. its better to try to pedal backwards slow and try to get the feel for how much pressure to put. if you pedal backwards too fast, chances are your feet wont be in the correct position to fakie out.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

3/14/2014 10:44 AM

swagswag wrote:

Speed of light. Pedal only as quickly as you need to

|

-HardBMX_Tim

3/19/2014 3:24 AM

Thanks for the tips guys..i will try every way that you guys suggested and hopefully learn them before the school holidays

|