Rounded Crank bolts

Related:
Create New Tag

9/11/2013 9:22 AM

Swapped WTP Royal cranks for my cranks a while ago and i swapped because the royals were better but i realised when i put them on my bike that both bolts were rounded, 1 also was ceased and unable to get off. 1 of the bolts wasnt that badly rounded at first so i put the cranks on but i had it just about tight enough so my cranks wouldnt have play but loose enough so i could get it off again without rounding the bolts and i had the cranks off many times. But i havnt had the cranks off in ages so the last time i tried to take it off it has fully rounded it off and its extremely tight. What can i do to get this bolt out???

|

9/11/2013 9:50 AM

take a slightly larger key (probably standard) and tap it in with a hammer..if it has some wiggle room have a friend tap the end with a hammer repeatedly while you are pulling it counter clockwise (loosening)

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

9/11/2013 9:59 AM

Drill it out and buy new ones..

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/11/2013 10:05 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Do you know anywhere i could get it drilled out as i dont have any drilling equipment?

|

9/11/2013 10:24 AM

Is the bolt hollow? Maybe try an "easy out"

|

9/11/2013 11:01 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

mrbmxfly wrote:

Do you know anywhere i could get it drilled out as i dont have any drilling equipment?

you can buy a drill at any local hardware store....maybe ask a machine shop or something. make sure you buy em beer

|

fack off

9/11/2013 2:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2013 2:24 PM

Look into buying an E-Z out. They should sell those at most hardware stores.

|