Ruben's new shoes

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2007 10:37 AM

Ruben Alcantra had just come out with a new signature shoe They are Etnies and if I must say so they pretty friggin sick sick I think that it is cool that they are now making shoes that tailor to the needs of bmx riders and they look pretty cool to they are in vitals product preview, you should check em out...

|

2/10/2007 10:46 AM

Yeah I saw a pair of Orchids last week. I always wear skate shoes, but the Orchids where pretty dialed. Stiffer heels and they had a rubber gaurds (kind of like the ollie gaurd) on the inside of the arch to keep from wearing against pegs and pedals. I think next shoes I buy will be a pair of BMX specific shoes.

|

I'm not ignorant, I'm just working on my senelity.

2/10/2007 10:52 AM

karsk wrote:

Yeah I saw a pair of Orchids last week. I always wear skate shoes, but the Orchids where pretty dialed. Stiffer heels and they had a rubber gaurds (kind of like the ollie gaurd) on the inside of the arch to keep from wearing against pegs and pedals. I think next shoes I buy will be a pair of BMX specific shoes.

Yeah your right ya gotta rep the bmx shoes I seen these loteks that were pretty gansta. I like to wear plank ridaz shoes I can't lie but I like stiff soles in my shoes and Ruben' shoe has extra support for people like me who tend to sometimes hack jumps and traniestongue

Post edited by: bmxmonkey, at: 2007/02/10 18:54

|

2/10/2007 10:56 AM

karsk wrote:

bmxmonkey wrote:

Yeah your right ya gotta rep the bmx shoes I seen these loteks that were pretty gansta. I like to wear plank ridaz shoes I can't lie but I like stiff soles in my shoes and Ruben' shoe has extra support for people like me who tend to sometimes hack jumps and traniestongue

hahaha nice! Yeah I think they were the Orchid Vandever model.

It's a little nicer reppin' the BMX gear, then you're not just taken as one of the fashion mall skids.

My boyfriend likes to ride in a pair of MX Etnies. Brian Deegan's Metal Mulisha editions. The foot beds are super stiff, he says they ride like a dream, a little weird to walk in though.

|

2/10/2007 11:06 AM

karsk wrote:

bmxmonkey wrote:

karsk wrote:

It's a little nicer reppin' the BMX gear, then you're not just taken as one of the fashion mall skids.

My boyfriend likes to ride in a pair of MX Etnies. Brian Deegan's Metal Mulisha editions. The foot beds are super stiff, he says they ride like a dream, a little weird to walk in though.

Just to get a little of subject there is this scene in krusty's demons of dirt(I don't recall which one) were brian deegon gets into a boxing match with some unknown person and knocks him outpinch anyways brian deegan is gansta. Most riders I know like stiff shoes, to tell you honestly I've never tried out Orchids. So they are pretty sweet?

|

2/10/2007 1:55 PM

bmxmonkey wrote:

karsk wrote:

bmxmonkey wrote:

Just to get a little of subject there is this scene in krusty's demons of dirt(I don't recall which one) were brian deegon gets into a boxing match with some unknown person and knocks him outpinch anyways brian deegan is gansta. Most riders I know like stiff shoes, to tell you honestly I've never tried out Orchids. So they are pretty sweet?

worst shoes to bike in i think are old school vans like the rawleys slip ons all those they killed my heel for like a month riding in them once and i dont like stiff as fuck but it can be like where you feel your pedal pins.

|

2/10/2007 3:16 PM

karsk wrote:

bmxmonkey wrote:

Oregon Shane wrote:

worst shoes to bike in i think are old school vans like the rawleys slip ons all those they killed my heel for like a month riding in them once and i dont like stiff as fuck but it can be like where you feel your pedal pins.

im currently using nike dunks, they work pretty good for riding for me. i used to ride in orchid vandeavers

|

2/10/2007 8:34 PM

vans have a good as pedel pattern thing on the bottom, im riding with vans TNT's there super grippy and pretty stiff and they got this extra padding TNT sole best shoe ive rode in and there not real big n clunky there about medium size and clean

|

Ride Fast, Fly High
Live, Love, Flow, Die

2/11/2007 7:17 AM

woodyridesflow wrote:

vans have a good as pedel pattern thing on the bottom, im riding with vans TNT's there super grippy and pretty stiff and they got this extra padding TNT sole best shoe ive rode in and there not real big n clunky there about medium size and clean

With Ruebens's Etnies model, what is the removable ankle support? I)'ve never seen them, so I'm curious...

|

2/11/2007 8:40 AM

woodyridesflow wrote:

karsk wrote:

With Ruebens's Etnies model, what is the removable ankle support? I)'ve never seen them, so I'm curious...

I think that the removable anckle support is great idea. Have you ever slipped a pedal and rolled your anckle? It friggen sucks!pinch I think that support will minimize that...

|

2/11/2007 8:43 AM

woodyridesflow wrote:

karsk wrote:

I think that the removable anckle support is great idea. Have you ever slipped a pedal and rolled your anckle? It friggen sucks!pinch I think that support will minimize that...

|

2/11/2007 9:29 AM

woodyridesflow wrote:

karsk wrote:

bmxmonkey wrote:

i think the removable ankle support is more for tailwhips i think, like when you kick it around and when it comes back so your ankle dont catch the crank arm or pedal

|

2/11/2007 10:56 AM

karsk wrote:

bmxmonkey wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

i think the removable ankle support is more for tailwhips i think, like when you kick it around and when it comes back so your ankle dont catch the crank arm or pedal

But what does it look like? does it attach to the shoe? is it above the ankle on the shoe, or an insert inside it?
|

2/12/2007 4:57 AM

bmxmonkey wrote:

karsk wrote: joe rides bicycles wrote:

But what does it look like? does it attach to the shoe? is it above the ankle on the shoe, or an insert inside it?

it attaches to the inside of the shoe where your ankles are on, its only like a little small cushion piece. check dans out they might show that piece on the shoe

|

2/12/2007 5:50 AM

it attaches to the inside of the shoe where your ankles are on, its only like a little small cushion piece. check dans out they might show that piece on the shoe

hmm, alright i will do that. I had checked out the Etnies site, but it didn't show anything. Thanks!

|

2/12/2007 3:26 PM

karsk wrote:

hmm, alright i will do that. I had checked out the Etnies site, but it didn't show anything. Thanks!

I think you put on the shoes and they are already there and I would think they are removable because they are velcro...

|

2/13/2007 5:23 PM

karsk wrote:

I'm still testing out standard skate shoes to see what i like best, i think my next pair might be Ruben's or a pair of Loteks not sure though

|

2/13/2007 9:30 PM

karsk wrote:

ConspiracyBMX518 wrote:

I'm still testing out standard skate shoes to see what i like best, i think my next pair might be Ruben's or a pair of Loteks not sure though

i was all for them, but im sorry my orchid disciples were pretty much the worst shoes i've owned. now quite on the contrary my loteks are definately the best shoes i've ever had. any of them, great shoes in my opinion.

Post edited by: smojo, at: 2/14/2007 5:31 AM

|

4/11/2010 3:54 PM

there gay

|

Bought from:
-Jrage
-ThrowAfit
-Fundyssey23(x2)
-Primo23
-Mikelee
Sold to:
-Spikez5
-Ftkallday
-Tyler_rides!
-Brad Howesable
Traded:
-ibmxi
-FreeWeezy

4/11/2010 3:56 PM

Iegendsx23 wrote:

there gay

you brought this back just to say they are gay. ok then. wtf is with these noobs/faggots.

|

4/11/2010 3:57 PM

noob/faggots? i have more posts than you do

|

Bought from:
-Jrage
-ThrowAfit
-Fundyssey23(x2)
-Primo23
-Mikelee
Sold to:
-Spikez5
-Ftkallday
-Tyler_rides!
-Brad Howesable
Traded:
-ibmxi
-FreeWeezy

4/11/2010 4:27 PM

Iegendsx23 wrote:

noob/faggots? i have more posts than you do

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

☻/
/▌
/ \
___ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡π̲̲͡|̡̡̡____

This is Bob and his beautiful beach house, copy and paste him on your signature so he can obtain Vital domination!

4/11/2010 4:33 PM

god you guys are bitches. you cant even talk to each other without calling names or criticizing. grow up and be constructive.

|