Rust

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2018 6:22 PM

My frame has a piece of metal on the top tube for reinforcement but it had a gap that let water under the metal and it has little rust but I don't know how to stop it, it's to little for steal wool hand a wire brush won't work

|

6/30/2018 7:10 PM

Dude it's fine. I'm not a huge fan of rust either, it just looks ugly, but it's steel, and when bare, raw, steel is exposed, especially if you ride on the rain or in a humid area it'll rust... it sucks but it is what it is... it helps to keep your bike inside when you're not riding it, I live in Texas and it's humid as fuck here, and I keep my bike inside and it helps to not have my bike get super rusty...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/30/2018 11:13 PM

Get a ptfe spray, spray a bit on it, give it a wipe. Then spray some more and leave it. That'll help prevent rust. A little surface rust won't do any harm though. You could also give it a good clean then spray paint that area to help stop moisture/oxygen from getting to it

|

7/1/2018 9:17 AM

If it’s black, king sharpie will color it and rust proof it a little. Surface rust won’t do anything anyways.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

7/1/2018 10:17 AM

Aidan_Rajala wrote:

My frame has a piece of metal on the top tube for reinforcement but it had a gap that let water under the metal and it has little rust but I don't know how to stop it, it's to little for steal wool hand a wire brush won't work

Wire brush and if you want a wire wheel on a drill. After it’s cleaned up, spray it with rust inhibitor or some clear spray paint.

|