Rusttt! (and somethin else...)

Related:
Create New Tag

11/27/2011 8:36 PM

Yeah so its not much of a big deal, but my bike has got a few scratches here and there from typical riding, but in some of the spots where the paint has chipped off, its got some rust. will that rust weaken anything? most of it is on my hubs, since i dont run any hub guards (witch i rlly should) also, my BB is loose and im not sure how to fix it. ill get a video tomorrow of whats loose

|

11/27/2011 8:43 PM

Not that I know of. Mine has a bit of rust on from chipped paint and its fine. Bruno Hoffmann runs no front hub guards and shit and his bike has a bit of rust on.

|

11/27/2011 8:50 PM

hubs are aluminum, they can not rust

|

11/27/2011 9:10 PM

no its only surface rust your fine, my whole frame is rusted

|

11/27/2011 9:17 PM

bobPA wrote:

hubs are aluminum, they can not rust

They don't "rust" in the typical way, but aluminum does corrode.

As to the OP, get a scotch brite pad and clean it off if you want. As long as it is surface rust, don't worry too much.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/27/2011 10:42 PM

Your frame is fine but aluminum doesnt rust, its just fucking falls apart(corrodes), the backside of my brake arms are literaly chipping away because its the one section on my bike that I dont regularly get that salty ass dirt out of.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Refs: ScramHype, Wade, jwnolte, beastassdick, ///digitalme, iridebmx2122