Ryan Nyquist off Osiris, and Hoang Tran off Odyssey

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2014 3:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2014 3:25 PM

So man people are getting dropped/leavingTeams.. The bmx industry is getting hit hard by the hard times.

|

Bang Bang bmx

1/2/2014 3:26 PM

soon there will be no more bmx shoe but idc. skate shoes work the same.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

1/2/2014 3:27 PM

Another dumb ass thread.

|

1/2/2014 3:33 PM

Fondue wrote:

Another dumb ass thread.

I love how you say that to me.. But you never say that to Brayden bucket.. If you don't like the threat don't comment on it, don't even like it.

|

Bang Bang bmx

1/2/2014 3:37 PM

Fortunately, I think the majority of the cuts are over.

Bummer for Nyquist. Hopefully he can work something else out.

|

1/2/2014 4:05 PM

NO! Hoang tran is such an awesome rider. If odyssey's gonna kick someone off the team, why hoang tran? FUCK Odyssey.

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

1/2/2014 4:06 PM

I haven't been on here for a while and I just logged on to see what's going on because like every time I log into Facebook it seems like vital is posting something about another rider being dropped it sucks.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

1/2/2014 4:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2014 4:45 PM

Fondue wrote:

Another dumb ass thread.

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

I love how you say that to me.. But you never say that to Brayden bucket.. If you don't like the threat don't comment on it, don't even like it.

Your "hard times" reasoning is why this is a dumb ass thread, when the reality is this is how it happens every year. And I'll comment how I please. You don't like me critiquing your threads, don't make them dumb.

|

1/2/2014 4:44 PM

Fondue wrote:

Another dumb ass thread.

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Hey fuck you guys both , my threads get people commenting , and they actually have to do with BMX. I post about bmx industry or stuff I need to learn about. Don't hate on me , get sickdude or someone who trolls.

On topic , Odyssey is dropping people as of now (Like Matthias) and Osiris dropped Sean Ricany , they only have Devon , Sean Burns , and Miles Rogoish who I barely see anything to do with Osiris. I consider Osiris just a skate brand now. The ugly highlighter shoes wrecked their image for me.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/2/2014 4:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2014 4:46 PM

It definitely sucks to see so many dudes getting dropped, but this is how it seems to go every year at this time as it's when people's contracts come up for renewal.

Sucks to hear about Hoang, dude shreds so hard.

|

1/2/2014 4:47 PM

Sucks for both of them but yeah end of the year end of contracts I'm sure both of them will be back on a team soon.

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/2/2014 4:47 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Hey fuck you guys both , my threads get people commenting , and they actually have to do with BMX. I post about bmx industry or stuff I need to learn about. Don't hate on me , get sickdude or someone who trolls.

On topic , Odyssey is dropping people as of now (Like Matthias) and Osiris dropped Sean Ricany , they only have Devon , Sean Burns , and Miles Rogoish who I barely see anything to do with Osiris. I consider Osiris just a skate brand now. The ugly highlighter shoes wrecked their image for me.

I was just saying because you always Make these threads, I decided to steal it once from you. The one time I do he makes remarks like that.. He never says anything to you.

|

Bang Bang bmx

1/2/2014 4:50 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Sucks for both of them but yeah end of the year end of contracts I'm sure both of them will be back on a team soon.

Exactly. Just like the other day it was Kayley Ashworth dropped from Superstar. Now she's on Diamondback UK. It's not the "hard times". It's people moving on and doing different things with their career or business.

|

1/2/2014 4:52 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

I was just saying because you always Make these threads, I decided to steal it once from you. The one time I do he makes remarks like that.. He never says anything to you.

My bad , I apologize for my language haha. And yah , I do. I know alot of people got dropped , I think I only mentioned Matthias yesterday and one thread a week or 2 ago about Dan Foley getting quitting. I see your point though , it's a good thread , don't know why he said that.

I wonder what happened to Ryan. He repped them good. Hopefully Osiris does't drop BMX completely. I like how Devon is still on (I thought he got dropped with Sean Ricany) but thats mainly the more mainstream rider. Not dissing the others , but I think thats why they kept the younger , more out their riders in a sense , you know? Ryan always gets injured too , maybe that came into play.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/2/2014 4:56 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

My bad , I apologize for my language haha. And yah , I do. I know alot of people got dropped , I think I only mentioned Matthias yesterday and one thread a week or 2 ago about Dan Foley getting quitting. I see your point though , it's a good thread , don't know why he said that.

I wonder what happened to Ryan. He repped them good. Hopefully Osiris does't drop BMX completely. I like how Devon is still on (I thought he got dropped with Sean Ricany) but thats mainly the more mainstream rider. Not dissing the others , but I think thats why they kept the younger , more out their riders in a sense , you know? Ryan always gets injured too , maybe that came into play.

I explained it a minute ago. Thug's reasoning of "hard times" is dumb. These drops happen every year. Nothing to get all serious about...not even over Dandois.

|

1/2/2014 4:57 PM

I don't think Osiris is good with Sean, like if you look at half of Osiris shoes they're bright swag fag stuff.. I think if Sean quit or got dropped he'd go to Lotek.

|

Bang Bang bmx

1/2/2014 5:48 PM

Hoang Tran's New Sponsor Will Be ............. SHADOW CONSPIRACY!!!!

Hoang Tran Rides for Subrosa, Well Subrosa ARE Shadow Conspiracy! That wont take long I AM SURE!!

Odyssey Kicked Eric L for wanting to leave Sunday for Stranger (To Be On A Team With REAL Friends!!!)
Odyssey Kicked Matthias Dandois After He Started Testing More Parts For Haro
Odyssey Kicked Hoang Tran - Maybe He's Testing More Subrosa Parts? Maybe They "Caught" Him Running A SINGLE Shadow Part?!

Odyssey seem to be dropping A LOT of Their Team Recently... They have 6, Yes SIX Pro Team Members! Thinning the "Stock" I guess?! Maybe They've held onto the bigger "Stars" & can now offer more Signature Parts? Better Products? Like More Money Into R&D? Only Time Will Tell!...

Meh, About Osiris! They Haven't Put Out Decent Shoes In About 15 Years!

|

1/2/2014 5:56 PM

Yep bmx recession is going down......I don't give a fuck I got a job ill buy whatever I want.......eventually maybe company's will all die and it will just be Hoffman again ......history does repeat itself

|

1/2/2014 6:03 PM

Don't count them out on that. A ton of contracts end at the beginning of 2014 guys. Usually the rider will get renewed if he is a big part of the team.

What needs to happen to end this "recession"? I say we need to BRANCH OUT! No one ever tries to really sell the shoes to anyone but BMXers. Yeah, we love it, but when someone does a smith to hard 180 bar we shit ourselves when to anyone else it looks like we are goofing around. If sponsors want to sell their product, they gotta get showy riders that are gonna blow away people. A lot of riders do, but without riders like Dave Mirra, BMX doesnt appeal to enough people. Just a bunch of funny stoners and skinny white dudes.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/2/2014 6:06 PM

Eric L on Odyssey was sick. I REALLY love his riding , so much fun but he kills it on the street level as everyone else with pegs.

@Thuglife yah , see my thread in the non bmx section? And Ricany is getting hooked up by DVSO right now , so he'll get sponsored by them for sure.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/2/2014 6:11 PM

Topsey wrote:

Hoang Tran Rides for Subrosa, Well Subrosa ARE Shadow Conspiracy! That wont take long I AM SURE!!

Odyssey Kicked Eric L for wanting to leave Sunday for Stranger (To Be On A Team With REAL Friends!!!)
Odyssey Kicked Hoang Tran - Maybe He's Testing More Subrosa Parts? Maybe They "Caught" Him Running A SINGLE Shadow Part?!

Odyssey seem to be dropping A LOT of Their Team Recently... They have 6, Yes SIX Pro Team Members! Thinning the "Stock" I guess?! Maybe They've held onto the bigger "Stars" & can now offer more Signature Parts? Better Products? Like More Money Into R&D? Only Time Will Tell!...

Damn, I'm sure pros run mix-matched parts..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/2/2014 6:13 PM

I think most bmx riders tend to think the bmx industry is so big and full of money when it's not

There really isn't much money to be made in bmx, it's not like snowboarding or mountain biking where they have all these huge resorts Allover the world raking in mad cash

The market for bmx tends to be underage broke ass unemployed kids and a couple old diehards, it's going to fade in and out like it always does.....when I started being a bmxer wasn't cool or respectible everyone thought it was a joke.... Last couple years it almost was a fad..... It will soon one day be uncool and not respectible again and I won't care and will continue to ride because I want to and half these kids on here will probably sell their bikes to get the next greatest craze

|

1/3/2014 1:52 AM

Topsey wrote:

The bit about Eric L is interesting; I thought him and Garrett Reeves were good friends?

Them dropping Hoang Tran interests me because they are still hooking up Kyle Hart, Dirt Ron and Tom Perry who are good friends of his. So I'm guessing he was dropped on good terms.

Also Mike Ardelean is still riding for them yet I've never seen any new footage of him since I started riding?

To me for the most part it seems like Odyssey are only hooking up the riders that are super-popular/going to be. Aaron Ross, Gary Young and Chase Hawk have been super popular for years now. Tom Dugan, Sean Sexton and Broc Raiford are in their prime and are some of the biggest names in BMX. Then their AM team has Mat Houck, Grant Germain and Matt Nordstrom, their flow team has Jared Swafford and Ed Zunda (as well as others) and their International team has Lloyd Wright and Brandon Webster (as well as others). All of these people are up and coming riders that I can see being extremely popular in the nearby future. Also, all the slightly less popular riders that still have it like Adam Banton and Mike Aitken are no longer on the Pro team but on the 'Legends' team.

|

1/3/2014 5:29 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

Fortunately, I think the majority of the cuts are over.

Bummer for Nyquist. Hopefully he can work something else out.

I'm sure he will haha.

Nyquist is the man.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/3/2014 11:11 AM

Mike ardeline still rides ? Haven't heard about that guy in allot of years.....even back in the day I never heard much about him

|

1/3/2014 11:16 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Mike ardeline still rides ? Haven't heard about that guy in allot of years.....even back in the day I never heard much about him

That's kind of my point, I've never seen footage of him, even on the Odyssey's website there is only one video of him and it's not a riding video.

|