S.O.S (fixed) :)

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2015 9:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2015 9:44 AM

Can anyone help me? I just got the Wethepeople crisis and like I can't install the handle bar :/ for some reason it's like really hard to unscrew the stem thingy, any tips or suggestions. And like I really don't have time to take it to a bike shop and I need it for tomorrow morning

|

10/9/2015 9:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2015 9:58 PM

ajustable wrench on the end of the allen key for ultra leverage

|

10/10/2015 12:36 AM

oahz24 wrote:

or a pipe.
Once you get it off, you should put some geese on the bolts.

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

10/10/2015 12:36 AM

Wow. Beautiful bike.. I didn't think the 2015 crisis would look like that... Still happier with my 2014 version tho...

Okay, so, normally the bolt shouldn't seize like that on it's own. I bet the manufacture date must be a while back ago, because bolts don't just go to sleep like that.

Okay, so what you're gonna need is a big rubber hammer and some WD40.

Spray a bit of WD40 around that bolt, under, at the sides, between the gap, etc.

Put that allen key of yours on the thing, get a rubber mallet, go backwards a few paces, run and get some momentum, and go WHAM with the mallet on the key.

Please note that to unscrew, you have to turn the key anti-clockwise/counter-clockwise and clockwise to screw. Just in case you didn't know, but that's a 1% possibility, everyone knows how a screw works...

You have a risk of damaging the bolt head, but it is minimal because normally the force that you need to do that is wayyy more than what you can do with your arm (assuming that bolt is seized as hell). Normally, it should budge.

If you don't have any luck with the whamming, then, well, thats a pretty stubborn bolt... What can you do? Take a metal pipe or something, hell just get a pipe and increase the leverage of your allen key. This is the better option than to wham into the bolt like a chimpanzee with no brains, because you would be able to feel more. Be one with the bolt, luke!

If your bolt is still seized (it shouldn't be by now), then take the stem out and replace the stem with another one hanging around (for a temporary solution). What would be best is to take it back to the shop for repair/replacement/whatever.

If you are in a hurry, let the WD40 soak in for 5 to ten minutes, get a pipe, and unscrew that little son of a gun.

Oh, and please, make a bike check, I want to have a look at how the color compares with the real world than with a black backdrop.

Oh, and enjoy the wethepeople crisis. it's one of the best (if not the best) bikes you can get.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

10/10/2015 12:48 AM

oahz24 wrote:

cro tec wrote:

or a pipe.

This, and if that doesn't work, I have a suspicion that they welded them on haha! Shouldn't be tight AT ALL if it's brand-new, this is strange.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/10/2015 12:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2015 12:51 AM

readybmxer wrote:

This, and if that doesn't work, I have a suspicion that they welded them on haha! Shouldn't be tight AT ALL if it's brand-new, ...more

unless they sent him a FAKE STEM!!!! silly

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

10/10/2015 6:04 AM

Extra leverage, IE a PIPE or wrench on the end of the allen key, then make sure the bolt is spinning COUNTER CLOCKWISE (righty-tighty lefty-loosey).

Should break it loose. If there is ANY damage, keep in mind it may not be a warranty issue at that time. I would email WTP to let them know your stem bolt is ungodly tight as a heads up.

And don't use WD40 unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/10/2015 6:05 AM

oahz24 wrote:

cro tec wrote:

or a pipe.

readybmxer wrote:

This, and if that doesn't work, I have a suspicion that they welded them on haha! Shouldn't be tight AT ALL if it's brand-new, ...more

Can't weld steel and aluminum together.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/10/2015 9:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2015 9:30 AM

i think the manufactures just use a drill for speed, cuz all the bolts on my complete were tight as hell. I even stripped the fork bolt.

|

10/10/2015 9:46 AM

Skylight wrote:

Wow. Beautiful bike.. I didn't think the 2015 crisis would look like that... Still happier with my 2014 version tho...

Okay, ...more

Thanks man I got it, it was just tight as hell, had to push my bike with my legs and pull the Allen wrench with my arms haha it scared me at first because I thought i had broken t but it worked

|

10/10/2015 11:52 PM

Oh and do put pics up plz...

And the bolts are always tightened with an electric drill, saves SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time!

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.