S&M Head Tube Badge

Related:
Create New Tag

4/8/2015 11:23 AM

I have an S&M head tube badge coming and I'll need to drill and tap my frame for the mounting screws. Does anyone know what the thread size is for these screws? Are they an M4x.7 like gyro tab screws?

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

4/8/2015 1:53 PM

Nevermind. I just found out from S&M customer service that it is an M4x.7.

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

4/8/2015 2:59 PM

I may get one of these but I'd much rather apply some 3m adhesive backing rather than drill into my headtube

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

4/9/2015 9:54 AM

I used to have one , then one day bombing this huge hill in the city it flew off , found the badge lost the screws, they weren't very long , then some photographer at a contest soon after came up and slapped a s&m sticker on my head tube and I never bothered trying to put the badge back on , try and get some decently longer screws to make sure it stays in

|

4/9/2015 10:14 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I used to have one , then one day bombing this huge hill in the city it flew off , found the badge lost the screws, they ...more

Those screws are very short. I hit both of them with a dab of blue loctite so hopefully they'll stay in. Damn, that badge is beautiful!
Photo

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

4/9/2015 11:00 AM

I plan to get a dremel and some different metals and make my own smile I will use some adhesive stuff (similar to double sided tape-haven't looked into it yet) for mounting it.

Gonna be SWEET.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura