S&M Mainline Tyre. 2.425

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2013 2:48 PM

Just seen this on mellon bmx dont know if its old news or not but these tyres will be fucking massivePhoto

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

6/2/2013 2:50 PM

The old mainlines where some of the best dirt tyres i can remember, hopefully these will be the same just half an inch wider haha. They look fucking massive! Will be interesting to see them on a bike.

|

6/2/2013 2:54 PM

How will they fit frames? My old BTM could barely fit a 2.2 in with a perfectly true wheel.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

6/2/2013 3:04 PM

I would imagine they will be for the front only. I mean a lot of Trails Frames (Which this is designed for) run 30t+ Sprockets so rear stays wide enough to fit that tyre wont be able to run larger sprockets. I know there will be Frames that will fit this tyre but i don't think its meant for a rear.

|

6/2/2013 3:06 PM

Topsey wrote:

I would imagine they will be for the front only. I mean a lot of Trails Frames (Which this is designed for) run 30t+ Sprockets ...more

I'm riding 30T with a 13.6 backend and can just about fit a 2.25 in with a wobbly wheel. Doubt I could fit in the front, 2.3 eclat just about fits.

|

I got refs

6/2/2013 3:09 PM

I think I'm the only one who doesn't run massive tires and bars now.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/2/2013 3:14 PM

Four I'm running 7.8" Bars & Tyres that are supposedly 2.25" But my mates 2.10" is about the same width.

|

6/2/2013 3:15 PM

I'm quite tall and ride trails so my bars are higher, 8.6, my tyres were cheap, wouldn't go any fatter though.

|

I got refs

6/2/2013 3:33 PM

I'm such a hypocrite though lol. Getting 2.3" tyres that supposedly inflate to somewhere close to what these mainlines are & I'm going to try 10" bars! I have bitched so much about 10" Bars on here. Gunna get BSD Raider Bars they wont be 30" wide though will be cut somewere like 28"/28.5" Depending on how much i can cut off!

|

6/2/2013 3:49 PM

Topsey wrote:

I'm such a hypocrite though lol. Getting 2.3" tyres that supposedly inflate to somewhere close to what these mainlines are ...more

Oh yeah I forgot you also run smaller bars. The tens.... however you're not a little ass kid either. I went from 8s to 8.5s to 8s and just got 8.25s. They should be just right. I ride a 2.25 in the front and a 1.90 in the back. I think this just looks hilarious and stupid haha

?feature=player_detailpage
|

6/2/2013 4:01 PM

Haha! 10" Bars are insanely huge! The BSD ones don't look as bad as the P-10's they have a smaller box. However i'm not sure how long they will last.

|

6/2/2013 4:04 PM

Yeah I suppose trying new shit is good. I didn't last too long on 8.5 so I doubt I'd ever go bigger tongue

|

6/2/2013 5:02 PM

Most likely my next front tire. Looks like a good all around tread.

|

6/3/2013 2:03 AM

zenith111 wrote:

How will they fit frames? My old BTM could barely fit a 2.2 in with a perfectly true wheel.

I ran a 2.25 FaF-K in the back of my btm w/no problems.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/3/2013 2:14 AM

Spenlard wrote:

It was an TWW though, I heard they inflate to like 2.35?

|

I got refs

6/3/2013 2:20 AM

zenith111 wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

zenith111 wrote:

They inflate to 60mm same as the FaF!
It should've been fine, my wheel was pretty fucked up too then. Either way I don't ride those wheels anymore, that tire's in the front, and I have a different frame lolll.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/3/2013 3:00 AM

Spenlard wrote:

It should've been fine, my wheel was pretty fucked up too then. Either way I don't ride ...more

Mine was true haha, Yep, I changed frame too, cracked the BTM on the dropout.

|

I got refs

6/3/2013 3:07 AM

zenith111 wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

It should've been fine, my wheel was pretty fucked up too then. Either way I don't ride ...more

zenith111 wrote:

Mine was true haha, Yep, I changed frame too, cracked the BTM on the dropout.

I just didn't really like mine. Was pretty though hehe.

|

6/3/2013 8:33 AM

2.425 is 0..025" Bigger than the 2.4" Tyres that are the biggest available at the moment. 0.025" is about twice the size of the thickness of your fingernail.

|