S&M Perfect 10's vs Shadow Vultus

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2013 10:33 AM

hello, i started this topic to talk about the difference between these bars and witch ones you would prefer, about a month ago i was debating if i should get the "s&m Perfect 10s" or the "Shadow vultus" bars, i found myself walking out with a set of transparent blue perfect 10's. some people say i made a great decision, some people think that was the stupidest thing i could of done. the reason i go the perfect tens over the vultus 9.5s is a couple of reasons. first the shadow vultus bars have a massive upsweep that are very uncomfortable to ride with (Personal Rider Opinion) second, now some people say im wrong, but the strength of the perfect tens are way stronger than the vultus bars. I have seen about 3 people bend the crossbar or dent the bars on the vultus, and ive had friends who have put there perfect 10s through hell and back and they still ride in brand new condition. Even though weight isnt a big factor to me there are allot of what you would call "Weight Faggots" out there that say the massive 2 lb 7 oz ounce bar of the perfect 10 is a big deal compared to the extremely light 1 lb 7.4 oz shadow vultus bars making it almost a pound lighter. in height perspectives allot of people run the perfect 10's and the vultus bars cause they exceed the height over 6 feet but in reality i am positive bar height doesn't matter, im 5' 7" and i run the bars cause they are way more comfort and the lower down sweep makes my manuals and 360s a piece of cake, i have a buddy who is 5' 5" and can 540 with his perfect 10s. i also have another friend who runs the shadow vultus bars and he is about 5'8" and he loves them. Although shadow makes the 9.5 that extra half an inch that the perfect tens give you makes it that much better. people say transferring to bars that big is a huge step and you have to learn the whole new bike but in my opinion i went from 8" rise by 28" wide to 10" rise to 30" wide and i actually increased everything i did in the first day weather it be my half pipe out of coping or how clean my 360s were. i mean in reality (Like i said im not a weight faggot) but if we could take the specs of the perfect tens and have shadow produce those bars i think i would be set. but i mean i cant complain and still to this day im debating witch bars i like better. here is a couple of pics of my bars

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

here is my bikecheck: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/bmxguy73,101494/setup,84088

so thats all i have to say, tell me what your opinions on the 2 bars are and witch ones you prefer. thanks.

|

5/11/2013 10:42 AM

Perfect 10's are just plain odd looking IMO..

|

| Temper Tantrum | Instagram | Tumblr | Xbox - Slow Miatas |

5/11/2013 10:47 AM

compared to the vultus? haha the vultus cross bar is so high that gap in between is ridiculous!

|

5/11/2013 10:58 AM

Perfect tens should be rounded up melted down & the melted down metal should be sent into space so it cannot be re-used to make anything else in BMX because they are that damn stupid! NO ONE needs bars that large! NO ONE! I'm running 8.3" bars & they're too high! I've got 7.8" Scerbos for my new bike. Anything over 8" is not needed unless you are 6'5" Then i might agree to you running 8.25" LoL.

|

5/11/2013 11:00 AM

bro, im 5'7" and i run p10s haha! actually did you know s&m made the perfect 10s as a joke, people actually liked them so they kept on making them. true story

|

5/11/2013 11:06 AM

Oh i know all about them my friend, i thought the joke was hilarious! Along with the honey comb cross bar thing too. Have you seen the Fit Sweet 16 bars? Those things are colossal! I'm 6'1 & i will be running 7.8" bars! If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I'm nearly 26 & I've been riding nearly 13 years. I can remember when 8" Slams came out & so many people flipped out saying how huge they were & so many people hated on them. I've ridden Perfect 10s & i really hated them. Even with 8.5" bars my riding was totally fucked, Cant be dealing with "Big" bars!

|

5/11/2013 11:06 AM

In my opinion they make your front end look ridiculously huge, especially with the top load and low slim seat but if you like them that's all that should matter, you're the one that has to ride it.

|

5/11/2013 11:14 AM

I love mine. Topsey is not allowed to ride my bike anymore. tongue

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/11/2013 11:19 AM

PFFFFT!! Fine! tongue

|

5/11/2013 11:54 AM

Topsey wrote:

Perfect tens should be rounded up melted down & the melted down metal should be sent into space so it cannot be re-used to ...more

what about people that ride with their stem slammed?

not saying i like the perfect rust bucket bars, yea mine came with rust on them and their idea of gold is wack, they got tweaked very easily like i cant tell if they are bent or if the whole damn thing is twisted, i cut them down after awhile to see how they'd feel, eh cant really say it made them feel any better worse if anything

im sure if i emailed S&M about it they would have some gay ass shit to say like if you send them in we can try to straighten them out

|

5/11/2013 1:05 PM

don't like either one, i had the 9.5 vultus bars and felt good while i had them but switched to 8,5 bars and feels so much better

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/11/2013 3:57 PM

P10s are hood to cruise aroud with but feel aekward if actualy trying to do stuff

|

text me for faster response 7742720929.

Refs- bmxscout48, easternbikes28, DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou, Mybike1986, Funky chicken

5/11/2013 4:05 PM

Topsey wrote:

Perfect tens should be rounded up melted down & the melted down metal should be sent into space so it cannot be re-used to ...more

you sir should not speek. my friend is 7 ft. He's like 25 and he rides perfect tens, and he can bar spin.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/11/2013 4:30 PM

bmxguy73 wrote:

bro, im 5'7" and i run p10s haha! actually did you know s&m made the perfect 10s as a joke, people actually liked them so ...more

Even S&M think they're a joke.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/12/2013 9:12 AM

Topsey wrote:

its all preference, man. i hate huge bars, funny enough im running vultus right now at 8.25 (eh) but my friend is obsessed with his perfect 10s. all opinion

|

Insta: @devicacy

5/12/2013 9:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2013 9:22 AM

Both bas are stupid looking and quite pointless. I like how all the kids who are 5'4 ride perfect 10s it looks so fucking dumb. Not really a fan of S&m or shadow either so that probably will effect my opinion. Ride what you like man.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/12/2013 9:28 AM

Topsey wrote:

LOL This is very accurate I'd ride Scerbos way before I'd ride perfect tens. I like bigger bars but I wouldn't go above 8.75 and I ride a frontload and one spacer. I remember my first bars were 7.25x22 :D

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/12/2013 9:31 AM

Four wrote:

Both bas are stupid looking and quite pointless. I like how all the kids who are 5'4 ride perfect 10s it looks so fucking ...more

The last sentence was the best thing said in this whole thread. I love my perfect tens, but I'm not a tiny little kid. I also would never tell any of you what you should or shouldn't like. Like what you want, buy what you want. Ride what feels good to you. And, if its nice outside where you live, go ride. Get off the computer. Be a kid.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/12/2013 9:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2013 9:40 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

you sir should not speek. my friend is 7 ft. He's like 25 and he rides perfect tens, and he can bar spin.

That is perfectly acceptable, i would not expect that poor fucker to run 8.25" bars he would be like the bloody hunch back of notre dame on his bike! Im guessing hes also running like a 21.5"/22" frame too?

|

5/12/2013 9:37 AM

Four wrote:

LOL This is very accurate I'd ride Scerbos way before I'd ride perfect tens. I like bigger bars but I wouldn't go above 8.75 ...more

I think my bars where something along those lines too. I remember getting 7.5 x 25" bars i felt like a badass lol. Then my riding buddy got slams & they where HUGE! Im still stuck in like 2003 7.75" x 25" with shit loads of upsweep!

|

5/12/2013 10:29 AM

Topsey wrote:

That is perfectly acceptable, i would not expect that poor fucker to run 8.25" bars he would be like the bloody hunch back of ...more

21"

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/12/2013 11:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2013 11:00 AM

Really?! I guess that would be like me at 6'1 running a 20"

|

5/12/2013 11:01 AM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

not saying i like the perfect rust bucket bars, yea mine came with rust ...more

First your just making shit up. You haven't broken every god damn part on the market.

Second s&m has a great fucking warranty and if you called and had you recipet they'd more than likely replace them, as gsport would have. Also if they came with rust on Them it was on the inside of the bar which isn't likely to effect the integrity of the bar in the slightest.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/12/2013 11:07 AM

i always thought the Perfect Tens were designed to be ran with the WTF Frameset, as it has a very short Headtube, and shorter Forks than normal?

|

5/12/2013 11:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2013 11:11 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

i always thought the Perfect Tens were designed to be ran with the WTF Frameset, as it has a very short Headtube, and shorter ...more

No and yes. The stuff is only a half inch shorter

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/12/2013 1:59 PM

Topsey wrote:

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

not saying i like the perfect rust bucket bars, yea mine came with rust ...more

future FBM wrote:

First your just making shit up. You haven't broken every god damn part on the market.

Second s&m has a great fucking ...more

bars are sitting less than ten feet from me at this very moment dick cheese

|

5/12/2013 3:08 PM

Pictures or it didnt happen!

|

5/12/2013 3:10 PM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

Do you eat dick cheese on crackers?

|

5/12/2013 3:23 PM

future FBM wrote:

Second s&m has a great fucking ...more

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

Do you eat dick cheese on crackers?

Hahaha I had a conversation abut dick cheese 2 days ago with this chick, shit was hilarious.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/12/2013 3:27 PM

Haha, that's funny and gross.

|