S&M RB2 or BTM frame?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/22/2012 4:14 AM

I'm stuck between these I'm deciding to get the RB2 in brown with tan walls or the BTM in trans gold with tan walls, which one would look better? I like the geo for both frames but which one would be stronger aswell. PLEASE HELP

|

8/22/2012 9:31 AM

The BTM's in that trans gold are dope

|

8/22/2012 9:38 AM

You'll get called a trendwhore but I'd say the BTM is what I'd choose.

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.

Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

8/22/2012 10:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2012 10:03 AM

BmxRida4lyfe wrote:

What do you mean? I don't know anyone with a BTM I just like s&m and was looking at their frames and the BTM came up.

|

8/22/2012 10:07 AM

Also with the short backend on the BTM can I run a rear peg or will I always hit it when I pedal, someone please let me know thanks

|

8/22/2012 10:16 AM

BmxRida4lyfe wrote:

CallMeBaws wrote:

What do you mean? I don't know anyone with a BTM I just like s&m and was looking at their frames and the BTM came up.

Well not stating people you know, but tons of people have BTM's.

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.

Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

8/22/2012 10:23 AM

BmxRida4lyfe wrote:

CallMeBaws wrote:

BmxRida4lyfe wrote:

Well not stating people you know, but tons of people have BTM's.

I'm guessing that's because not many frames have short back ends and s&m kicks ass.

|

8/22/2012 10:23 AM

Tons of people have many parts in common, who cares. Its not what you're riding on but how your ride it. Id go for the BTM myself... been wanting one ever since I held it at the shop. And its probly going to hold up to you if it can handle Hoders beastly ass.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

8/22/2012 10:39 AM

yes you can run pegs on it to answer your question...id just make sure they're a 1.3" diamater so they fit nice on your dropouts...and i dont look at a frame with good geometry from a legit company as trendy, a lot of people have them because they're a good frame

|

Yours truly, Ahren

8/22/2012 10:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2012 10:47 AM

I would go with the BTM myself, simply for the short back end & low BB. You run pegs as mentioned look into smaller OD pegs or shorter cranks 170mm should be fine hell there are quite a few cranks coming in 165mm now, never run cranks that short on a street bike myself but the people i know with them seem to get along fine with them, OR... you could get shorter cranks AND smaller OD pegs just to be safe smile

PS: I have a Fit Marv, which has a similar length back end, Im running 175mms & 1 peg on the rear, havent had to many catchs, its do-able but you might find i uncomfortable.

|

8/22/2012 10:56 AM

i have 175mm cranks with a pegs on the right side i think the only time ive hitten them is when im really far back on the pedals...just adapt at first and you wont even think about it anymore

|

Yours truly, Ahren

8/22/2012 11:58 AM

Topsey wrote:

I would go with the BTM myself, simply for the short back end & low BB. You run pegs as mentioned look into smaller OD pegs or shorter cranks 170mm should be fine hell there are quite a few cranks coming in 165mm now, never run cranks that short on a street bike myself but the people i know with them seem to get along fine with them, OR... you could get shorter cranks AND smaller OD pegs just to be safe smile

PS: I have a Fit Marv, which has a similar length back end, Im running 175mms & 1 peg on the rear, havent had to many catchs, its do-able but you might find i uncomfortable.

Yeah I'm pretty tall about 6'3 so I like the low bb because it raises the bars a bit and would you think 170mm cranks would feel good I think I have 175mm's but I'm getting profile spline drives.

|

8/22/2012 11:59 AM

You are an idiot if you pick a frame just because it looks cooler. You need to pick based on geo, both of those frame have TOTAL different geo, so let me ask you this. What typ of rideing are you into?

Me personaly i would cope the RB2 because i hate short backends. I like some booty on my wenches.

|

My instagram- ride_4130_nicca

8/22/2012 12:09 PM

Flight-4130 wrote:

You are an idiot if you pick a frame just because it looks cooler. You need to pick based on geo, both of those frame have TOTAL different geo, so let me ask you this. What typ of rideing are you into?

Me personaly i would cope the RB2 because i hate short backends. I like some booty on my wenches.

If you actually understood I said I like the geo for both frames both of them feel good to me but which one would last longer the looks is a second choice. I ride street mostly and occasionally a bit of park and street.

|

8/22/2012 12:15 PM

Ive just ordered my new frame it has a 13" back end, im abit dubious of getting 165mms, im going with 170mms I cant see it being a huge difference its only 5mm but it puts your feet further forward away from the pegs so all i can think is win/win.

|

8/22/2012 12:23 PM

im pretty sure its not recommended to run pegs on an RB2. personally i would say BTM.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/22/2012 12:33 PM

Topsey wrote:

Ive just ordered my new frame it has a 13" back end, im abit dubious of getting 165mms, im going with 170mms I cant see it being a huge difference its only 5mm but it puts your feet further forward away from the pegs so all i can think is win/win.

Yeah I'm going for 170mm's aswell, what cranks and frame are getting? Do you have spline drive I wanna switch.

|

8/22/2012 12:35 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

im pretty sure its not recommended to run pegs on an RB2. personally i would say BTM.

Thanks, I'm getting the BTM

|

8/22/2012 12:49 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

CallMeBaws wrote:

Thanks, I'm getting the BTM

solid choice. enjoy the new frame dont forget to post a bike check.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/22/2012 12:55 PM

Anybody know why they switched to a 1 year warranty?

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/22/2012 1:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2012 3:23 PM

Topsey wrote:

CallMeBaws wrote:

Yeah I'm going for 170mm's aswell, what cranks and frame are getting? Do you have spline drive I wanna switch.

I am getting....

A Custom FBM frame, just put the deposit down on it today
&
When they are released.... Solid Bitch Cranks & a United Metro Spline Drive.

Wont be getting the cranks for a little whiles though.

|

8/22/2012 4:59 PM

CallMeBaws wrote:

Also with the short backend on the BTM can I run a rear peg or will I always hit it when I pedal, someone please let me know thanks

at first you will but you'll get used to it and sooner or later you won't hit your foot.

|

refs: nshs2010, lucifer.666, BEASTASSDICkwink

Volkswagen's and Bmx!

8/22/2012 5:01 PM

BMXism wrote:

Tons of people have many parts in common, who cares. Its not what you're riding on but how your ride it. Id go for the BTM myself... been wanting one ever since I held it at the shop. And its probly going to hold up to you if it can handle Hoders beastly ass.

exactly tons of people ride the same parts but all of a sudden just cause you have the same frame as someone else your trendy? ha.

|

refs: nshs2010, lucifer.666, BEASTASSDICkwink

Volkswagen's and Bmx!

8/22/2012 5:54 PM

Bmx&volkswagens wrote:

exactly tons of people ride the same parts but all of a sudden just cause you have the same frame as someone else your trendy? ha.

I'm pretty sure it's just forum talk, anyways no one in my skate park rides a btm most of them ride forecasters and they don't get called trendy fucks. I'm pretty sure it's all forum talk or just what kids call you that are jealous of what you have in the USA.

|