S&M or BSD

Related:
Create New Tag

7/31/2013 4:45 PM

what company makes better frames BSD of S&M ???

|

7/31/2013 4:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2013 4:50 PM

ive never seen anyone with an sandm but they have a great reputation, as do bsd, but someone at my local has a bsd and dented the shit out of it,but hes 14 and he thinks has anger issues and throws his ride :L

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

7/31/2013 4:54 PM

just don't get a premium and you will be fine

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/31/2013 4:58 PM

S&M
Cause it stand for Sex and Monkeys.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/31/2013 5:32 PM

I had this decision myself actually! I am choosing the BSD Raider over the S&M BTM.

BSD, I know a few of the Team & Grant the owner. David Grant is even helping me out with my diet haha. I know some of their older Frames have had issues with denting but that has all been sorted now. The WZA 3, Raider & Beverage all have Straight Gauge Tubing, the Too Loose has larger Diameter Tubing which is supposedly THICK too so i would imagine its pretty dent resistant! The Forever V2 has an Ovalized Down Tube which is a little trick known to resist denting. A few of their Frames come totally Brakeless to HUGE, HUGE, HUGE plus over removables!

S&M have a good range of Geometries, some nice & some strange/idiotic paint options. I have heard some Horror Stories of Removable Brake Mounts being welded crooked so in some cases the brakes couldn't even be installed & others that they just wouldn't work. When they tried to warranty just got told to fuck off politely tbh. I have heard some S&M & Fit have AWFUL Paint (My Benny is fine BTW) Also Cracking & Denting have been issues in the not to distant past. I think S&M are an awesome company i love my Benny Frame (Which is made by them) the BTM looks fucking awesome & the 21.5" option is pretty damned tempting!

|

7/31/2013 5:44 PM

Topsey wrote:

I had this decision myself actually! I am choosing the BSD Raider over the S&M BTM.

BSD, I know a few of the Team & ...more

I have the raider frames, 21.6tt, sooooo nice!!!! I was riding a calico before it but wanted a higher stand over and a slightly longer end.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/31/2013 5:50 PM

Bastard! haha laughing Do you have a picture? Also how are feeling the 21.6"?? I've been messing around on a 20" for the last few months but i have ridden a 21.25" for the last 3 years so i don't think it will feel THAT much longer, surely?

|

7/31/2013 6:40 PM

Both.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/31/2013 7:00 PM

ive never owned a bsd but have had numeroius s&m's and have never had a problem.

|

REFS: Hatebreeder, Wolfen, Dolphin, ImCareb, ecuadevil, mnsketch, Showtime402, Dee Hos, ScramHype, howlerfbm, Mserno75, blueep3piece, handlebar-to-face, skubasteve, james.mcdermott, Alex_Kemp and many more . . .

7/31/2013 9:37 PM

Topsey wrote:

Bastard! haha laughing Do you have a picture? Also how are feeling the 21.6"?? I've been messing around on a 20" for the last few ...more

Ive been riding my Marv lately so it not built up. Youre going to feel a difference in size, I did and I was riding a 21.25 and 21.5 tt. First time riding it I could feel the difference greatly. I knew right away I had to raise my bars up. I chose to go with a shorter and higher rise stem them my other setups. I can get some pics of the frames if you'd like to see them up close, just let me know.

|

REFS-

Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/31/2013 9:40 PM

I;m gonna say SyM because they are USA made, and that's awesome.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

7/31/2013 10:26 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Just because its made in the USA does not mean its better. Taiwan has tools that are far more advanced the most U.S builders. Im not going to list names but when I asked a certain company the difference between their USA to Taiwan frames, they preferred the Taiwan production more cause its was closer to be being more accurate. They have $30,000 machines that cut tubing to a near perfect line...as well with other things.

I dont want to get into this now...Ive rode both and all hold up extremely well.

|

REFS-

7/31/2013 10:30 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

The Horror Contact wrote:

Just because its made in the USA does not mean its better. Taiwan has tools that are far more advanced the most U.S builders. ...more

Yeah, all I'm saying is I love America, so I personally would lean more towards S&M. And also, USA has acces to different Tubesets (OX Platinum) and there's just something about a handmade part that makes me smile.

|

7/31/2013 10:40 PM

It's all in your preference. I owned a Premium. Nothing but good things to say about them. I'm going to have to make the same decision soon also... but looking ahead, i would most definitely choose an American brand anyday.

|

*Refs* from, robinson79, obiwan chromoly, SuperstarDK, TCbmx., ScramHype.

I build bikes... I don't ride hard core anymore I just ride.

To get ahold of me easier text me, 405-567-57zero2

8/1/2013 5:00 AM

i love both. i currently am riding an s&m but my next will be a bsd

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/1/2013 5:43 AM

is this a serious question? S&M DUH!

|

It’s all bmx

8/1/2013 5:45 AM

Ive been riding my Marv lately so it not built up. Youre going to feel a difference in size, I did and I was riding a 21.25 ...more

Yes please man.

|

8/1/2013 2:51 PM

Just Bumping this thread in the hopes Horror sees it & posts pics of his Raider Frame!!

|

8/1/2013 3:53 PM

Topsey wrote:

Just Bumping this thread in the hopes Horror sees it & posts pics of his Raider Frame!!

No doubt, building a few wheels for some friends...once finished Ill put it out and takes some pics. Dont worry, Ill definitely have them up soon .

|

REFS-

8/1/2013 3:54 PM

Haha just harassed you for some pics in the Seat Thread! Thanks man!

|

8/1/2013 5:12 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo
|

REFS-

8/1/2013 5:47 PM

Thanks a million man! That Raw one is seriously SEXY! I will be getting a 21.6" Raw Raider FOR SURE!

|

8/1/2013 5:58 PM

Topsey wrote:

Thanks a million man! That Raw one is seriously SEXY! I will be getting a 21.6" Raw Raider FOR SURE!

Im waiting for the raw bars and forks to arrive , doing an all raw kit with black parts.

|

REFS-

8/1/2013 6:04 PM

Im waiting for the raw bars and forks to arrive , doing an all raw kit with black parts.

the black one looks dope man and are they light ???

|

8/1/2013 8:15 PM

I didn't know that BSD was not built in the U.S. but now that I do, I'd never buy one.

|

REFS: Hatebreeder, Wolfen, Dolphin, ImCareb, ecuadevil, mnsketch, Showtime402, Dee Hos, ScramHype, howlerfbm, Mserno75, blueep3piece, handlebar-to-face, skubasteve, james.mcdermott, Alex_Kemp and many more . . .

8/1/2013 10:34 PM

asilva23 wrote:

I didn't know that BSD was not built in the U.S. but now that I do, I'd never buy one.

Most bikes aren't USA made.

|

8/2/2013 8:15 AM

If it were me i would probably go with a bsd frame. Ive heard a lot about denting with fit and s&m frames. Like they dent easy apparently. I would go with Bsd because they seem to have a better rep with frames. Not that s&m is a bad company, just i stay away from their frames.

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

8/2/2013 10:46 AM

Topsey wrote:

Hate to say it, but I have to agree with this!

|