S&M x 1664 Bonesaw Frame

Related:
Create New Tag

10/5/2015 8:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2015 8:20 AM

One of our team riders, and long time Canadian street destroyer Isaac Bonesaw Barnes is getting a signature frame with S&M and Canadian brand 1664 BMX.

The frame is only available in Canada, and is being done in a limited run. Just thought I would post on here as I bet a lot of you haven't heard of this frame and who knows, someone out there might want to get there hands on one.

Here's a pic Chris Moeller posted of the first one:

Photo

Headtube Angle: 75.25
Standover: 8.9"
Chainstay Length: 13"
BB Height: 11.6"
Custom Features: Larger 5" head tube, Easy Out BB, Tapered Seat Tube & Chainstays

His latest edit:

Isaac not only kills it on a bike, but his full time job is running the Brink Distribution warehouse. If you've ever bought a Fit, S&M, United, FBM, T1, 1664 BMX, ODI, Verde, Cinema, Duo, Kink, Profile, Encore, Animal, Tree, KMC or La Casa part from a Canadian bike shop, this is the guy who made sure it got unloaded off a container, packed up and shipped to your shop on time!

Price in Canada is $569 or about $434 USD. (Yes things do a cost a bit more up north)

Black or Raw - 20.5, 20.75, 21 & 21.25".
|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

10/5/2015 9:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2015 4:51 AM

Looks badass rode with Isaac before dudes chill and kills it

|

10/5/2015 11:26 PM

I saw it and the specs seem kind of eh to me personally , not bad just I'm picky , but it looks good and I'm sure if I saw it in person I'd buy it .

I didn't realize it was a limited , CAD only frame so maybe I should grab one and slap it together .

430$ U.S. is steep too for American frame though even

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/6/2015 6:09 AM

That's awesome for him!

Not sure if it is the camera quality, but those welds don't look great to me. Maybe I am super anal about that, but they look kinda uneven and hodge-podged around the gusset area.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/17/2015 9:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2015 9:20 AM

Here's a few better pics of some of the Bonesaw frame details:

It's going to be available in Gloss Clear and Gloss Black.

Isaac approved his prototype and they will be in production shortly.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder

10/17/2015 9:23 AM

The whole frame with one of the stickers from the sticker pack:

Photo

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder

10/17/2015 12:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2015 12:30 PM

looks good but whats the whole "easy out bb" thing it sounds cool also the price is a lil up there for most of the kids that ride bike and dont have jobs such as myself

|

10/17/2015 12:35 PM

Silentman_Man wrote:

looks good but whats the whole "easy out bb" thing it sounds cool also the price is a lil up there for most of the kids that ...more

couple of holes in bottom of the bottom bracket to tap the bearings out from the inside

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

10/17/2015 3:58 PM

That's awesome. And if you think that's expensive for a top of the line, made in USA frame that has to get shipped through customs international, go look at mid-high end mountain bike parts.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

10/31/2015 3:36 PM

Looks like the frame will be dropping around November 12th.

I'm getting one in Gloss Black, super hyped on it!

Photo

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder

10/31/2015 3:50 PM

Looks pretty neat! As for the welds...in my opinion they're alright. Nothing spectacular, but I've seen worse. I'm a welder and I look at the little details in the welds so I tend to be pretty lucky with that stuff. But to the average dude riding in sure it will do just fine!

|

11/1/2015 2:45 AM

Hmpf... I like the specs... Would sound like a nice versatile frame... Hope that no one would buy it so I can get all of the frames from the production run smile

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

11/1/2015 5:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2015 5:46 PM

JPond53 wrote:

Looks pretty neat! As for the welds...in my opinion they're alright. Nothing spectacular, but I've seen worse. I'm a welder ...more

my welds are ugly as fuck haha i use a shitty harbor freight mig welder

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

11/2/2015 6:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2015 6:31 AM

JPond53 wrote:

Looks pretty neat! As for the welds...in my opinion they're alright. Nothing spectacular, but I've seen worse. I'm a welder ...more

The welds aren't great, pretty shaky, and they are not stacked evenly. To me it looks like they were done a bit too fast and someone dipped the filler rod too often, and not in a decent rhythm. Maybe the one pictured was finished up at 4:30 on a Friday? I'm sure they will hold up just fine, but I don't like the discoloration in them and how they look to have slag all over them, especially the seatstay bridge.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/2/2015 10:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2015 10:43 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

The welds aren't great, pretty shaky, and they are not stacked evenly. To me it looks like they were done a bit too fast and ...more

Hey guys, this is a good friend who's getting a signature frame, can you relax a bit on the welding critique. This is an exciting thing.

The frames are S&M made and will have a lifetime warranty.

S&M's warranty service in Canada is amazing and if something ever was to happen, we'd have it dealt with in a manner of days for our customers.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder

11/3/2015 3:55 PM

Sick looking frame, nice technical specs too. But I'm with everyone else on the welds, I had an ATF that had some sloppy ass welds (worse than pictured). I think S&M should take the time to work on their quality a bit, I'd rather pay less for an OS frame with better welds and more features, but that's just me.

Never heard of the easy out bb, wonder how well that works

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

7/11/2017 9:57 PM

Looks badass. Definitely picking one up this summer.

|

7/11/2017 10:38 PM

So I've had this frame for over a year now and beside a minor issue with the dropout I've had no issues otherwise . I've landed sideways hopping down 14 sets , it's lasted a bunch of drops and bails / thrown bike , and the BB getting smashed with the downtube on rails . i ended up pinching the dropouts because I slammed my wheel and it's designed to be run further out , but I cut the dropouts so it doesn't pinch and filed them down and it's been good since .Plus 1664 still will warranty my frame even with it cut they said .

Only like 50 of these were made but it's seriously worth buying one .

PS I didn't bump this thread the dude above me did
Photo

|

My Cult 2 Short

7/12/2017 1:01 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

So I've had this frame for over a year now and beside a minor issue with the dropout I've had no issues otherwise . I've ...more

Wow only 50, good thing my local has them in stock. I should have enough to get one by the end of the summer.

|

7/13/2017 12:18 AM

Ok it's cool about his friend getting a frame.

But I have rode many S&Ms and never seen welding like that. S&M is pure craftsmanship in the USA. I wonder if 1664 is making them with an S&M approved etching/stamp. To my knowledge S&M doesn't make anything outside the US. I would call Chris but it's not that big of a deal. I just noticed the comments on the weld job and figured I would give it my .02

|

7/13/2017 3:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2017 3:55 AM

I'm going to say as guy who has broken a S&M LTF frame custom built for me and guy who rides a bonesaw and beats the hell out of it it's a damn good frame ..... but riding 19 years of bmx I won't tell anyone to ride a s&m frame more then 3 years ...unless you want your headtube to fail and get wrecked

|

2/28/2018 6:08 AM

Just grabbed one of these second hand off a mate in the UK. It’s getting sent today. Stooooooked. Funny though after I’ve decided I’m gonna 86 all my other S&M frames... Cept the Tiki!

|

I ♥ STUFF.

2/28/2018 9:02 AM

The dropouts look soooooo fucking good with the S&M logo on the end of the tubing.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

2/28/2018 11:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2018 11:14 AM

I just gave mine away a couple months ago , it was a good frame I beat the crap out of mine

|

2/28/2018 2:27 PM

Dr Zuum wrote:

Just grabbed one of these second hand off a mate in the UK. It’s getting sent today. Stooooooked. Funny though after I’ve ...more

You got it off Jon haha

|

My Cult 2 Short

7/26/2018 9:56 AM

Sorry for necro, but this frame is back as a normal production frame! Here is the link!

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

7/26/2018 11:20 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

Sorry for necro, but this frame is back as a normal production frame! Here is the link!

Sick, if only the BB was a little higher

|

Hmmm

7/26/2018 12:30 PM

Hell yeah! That's sick! But for about the same specs, of rather get a Sunday Street Sweeper or Nightshift...

But that's just me loltongue

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/26/2018 2:38 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Hell yeah! That's sick! But for about the same specs, of rather get a Sunday Street Sweeper or Nightshift...

But that's just ...more

Would almost have to cut off a portion of your dropoff if you run your wheel slammed or close to it. Another reason to get the Sunday

|

My Cult 2 Short

7/26/2018 10:19 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

But that's just ...more

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Would almost have to cut off a portion of your dropoff if you run your wheel slammed or close to it. Another reason to get the ...more

They changed the production frame cs to 13"-13.4" vs. the 1664's 13"-13.75"+.

You won't have to trim anything on the new frame if your running slammed.

|