S&m bike i.d. and value

Related:
Create New Tag

4/8/2018 12:40 PM

Hell. What do i have here, and what should i expect to get if i sell it? Everything works, rides nice. No seat. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Photo

|

4/8/2018 12:43 PM

Photo

|

4/8/2018 12:44 PM

Photo

|

4/8/2018 12:47 PM

Looks like a Bennett to me. They're pretty hard to come by, but not particularly sought after

|

4/8/2018 12:48 PM

^ Steve would know better than me. I can say this: that is one badass bike! I would ride that on the daily if it was mine.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

4/8/2018 12:51 PM

Thinking of auctioning it off, I'm building a chopper and want money! Where should I start?

|

4/8/2018 1:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2018 1:18 PM

seahorse1 wrote:

Thinking of auctioning it off, I'm building a chopper and want money! Where should I start?

If you're on Facebook, there's a good midschool group (midschool bmx dayz), and a few s&m groups. You'd probably make more by splitting it, but you could end up sitting on some of it for a while.
The profiles are a bit beaten up. I got some in better condition the other day for £20. You might get a little more for them.
If the pedals are shimano dx, they're pretty sought after. But good condition copies are still fairly desirable.
T1 bars are always wanted by someone, you'll have no problem shifting them if the price is fair. No more than 40 though really.
That looks a bit like a tnt rear hub from the pics. They're pretty sought after, but I wouldn't know how much someone would be willing to pay. Looks like it's build to a nice condition araya 7x rim too.
You might get up to $150 for the frame, if the right buyer sees it.
The forks look like pitchforks, but I don't recall them ever having that top cap. But used forks aren't worth a lot unless they're something really special.
Someone will probably want the schwinn seat clamp, but it won't be worth loads, you could push your luck and ask 20 for it.
The stem looks generic, if it is it won't be worth anything.
Can't see what the front wheel is at all.
Ad 990's are still available to buy new pretty cheap. But if it's stamped "japan" it's more desirable to collectors/midschool builders.
Someone would snap it up for around 200 I reckon? But any more and you might be stuck with it.

|

4/8/2018 1:40 PM

Well, that's pretty detailed, thanks so much.
When I search s&m groups, i get something else entirely....
Anyone here interested, let me know. $225 plus shipping from south Florida. Got another rim that matches front but chrome is flaking on both....

|

4/8/2018 1:52 PM

Photo

|

4/9/2018 6:33 AM

seahorse1 wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

If you're on Facebook, there's a good midschool group (midschool bmx dayz), and a few s&m groups. You'd probably make more ...more

Those are GT pedals. I recognize them because I had a pair on my GT dyno detour 2001, those are the aftermarket pedals though, not the OEM ones that have the mounts for reflectors.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/9/2018 6:41 AM

Got another front wheel. It is the same as the rear, Steve is dead on, tnt laced to araya. Spins perfect, chrome a little worn. That matching rear for the existing front was shot out. Freewheel was nice but axle and bearings stripped, etc. cheap chrome left silver sparkle flakes all over the place. It's out by the dumpster, should I grab it?

|