S&m ufo frame??

Related:
Create New Tag

4/25/2018 6:21 AM

Im thinking about getting the ufo but but have never rode a 75.5 head tube my bike now is 75 how much of a difference do u think it will make and i cant find any reviews

|

4/25/2018 6:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2018 6:25 AM

Same TT length?

There are kinda two schools of thought about geometry. Some people say .5" makes all the difference, some people say they can't notice it. Personally I doubt you'll notice a .5º difference in HT angle.

Plus, it's an S&M frame. They're awesome.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/25/2018 6:28 AM

I think im gonna go for it im riding a 20.5 now im gonna go 20.75 on my new frame

|

4/25/2018 6:32 AM

You probably won’t notice 75.5 unless you’re doing nose manuals and shit

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/25/2018 6:32 AM

Josh R. wrote:

I think im gonna go for it im riding a 20.5 now im gonna go 20.75 on my new frame

I went from a 20.8 to a 21.25" and my progression has gone crazy.

It's easier to manual, easier to fakie, easier to spin, easier to hop. I feel like that shouldn't make sense, but it does for me. A properly sized bike makes a big difference so if you think you need an extra 1/4" go for it! I love my Black Magic.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/25/2018 4:05 PM

I'm surprised we haven't seen a UFO frame on Vital yet...

That NW Green color is dope.

|

4/25/2018 7:13 PM

I have one and I love it. It feels a bit twitchy on bigger quarters, but not ridiculous. The only thing I will say is that it is advertised as having clearance for 2.4 tires but totally doesn’t. Not an issue for me since I run 2.2s but could be useful information to someone else. I really need to get unlazy and post up a bike check...

|

5/1/2018 11:06 PM

I had 75.5 and hated it. But I'm an old man. For me it was mostly noticeable landing fakie going fast. But saying that I've just got some shorter offset forks and don't feel any difference.

It depends on other aspects of the geometry too. The ufo is a really responsive frame. If it's got shorter chainstays than your current frame, and a steeper headangle, you'll definitely notice a difference. But I can't tell you if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Weird wall of text for what should've been a simple answer :/

|

5/2/2018 2:14 AM

A 0.5° steeper angle is like a 2-3 mm shorter fork offset.

|

5/8/2018 4:40 AM

75.5 isnt that crazy. Turning feels more responsive but also twitchy. I like it though. I personally wouldnt run steep forks though with a offset like that. Its way too twitchy and unless youre like super tech street I wouldt run it. If you are looking at the UFO frame Id check out the FBM Hardway V2. Doesnt have brake mounts but its a better frame. Ive had two hardways and one UFO and eventhough the UFO was badass for some reason riding a FBM always feels so nice.

|