SCAMMER ALERT! Time2Shine BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

11/24/2017 7:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2017 8:10 AM

❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗
Just a friendly warning to all my BMX family and friends this holiday season;
If you receive an email like this from @time2shinebmx #time2shinebmx time2shinebmx.com, IGNORE IT!
Despite how legitimate they seem, these guys are notorious scam artists. They will take your money & send nothing in return, and they will put your phone number on their block list after the first time you call about your non-existent parts you paid for.
I had heard of them doing this before, but ended up placing an order (for 1 tire) with them & it took months of me e-mailing and calling for them to finally send me a DIFFERENT tire than I had ordered.
These guys are up to no good and certainly dont deserve our business.
Have a happy holidays, and safe shopping, fellas!
Photo

Here is a bunch of proof of their scamming.. first thread is my original review of my order, followed by other threads and reviews.

https://m.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/AVOID-dealing-with-Time2Shine,1300408

https://m.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Time-2-Shine-problems,1307929

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=577389

This one is a "deleted" thread after they bribed her to remove her thread slandering them for scamming. Lots of good comments still in this thread. https://m.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Time2Shine-BMX-Be-WARNED,1293595?page=1

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo
Photo

Photo

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/24/2017 8:15 AM

Thanks for the heads up, my good man.

|

11/24/2017 8:24 AM

Thanks Tim! I usually don't order stuff from companies I don't know, I only order from Albes, Dans Comp, or Empire anyways...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/24/2017 9:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2017 6:49 AM

*This comment was added to the op*

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

11/24/2017 6:55 PM

Good looking out

|

11/24/2017 10:21 PM

Got the same email, didn't order anything. Thanks for the heads up mate.

|

11/25/2017 3:26 PM

thank you for the heads up...

|

11/25/2017 7:16 PM

Good call, thanks for the warning!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

11/25/2017 8:31 PM

how are these fucks still a business ?

|

11/26/2017 7:06 AM

Are they still the "realest mailorder in the game"? haha

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

12/2/2017 7:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2017 7:34 AM

Update; they DMd me on instagram begging me to take down the post, go figure. Then they continuously tried to justify their scamming to me.

"Its not a scam, when you pay with a credit card, everyone is protected"

"It was just a slip up bro"
"Oh? A bunch of other claims of us scamming IN THE EXACT SAME FASHION. Let's ignore that and send screenshots of good reviews!"

"I have people who work for me, its not our fault"

"The good outweighs the bad"

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

12/2/2017 7:36 AM

I think this thread deserves a sticky. Any mods on here?

|

12/2/2017 7:53 AM

^^WHAT? You got free tires from them! Dang you got lucky there my friend.... I just recently bought those same tires, same color and size, and paid like $70! But good job man... you seemed to handle the situation very maturely, good job!cool

|

12/2/2017 8:00 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

^^WHAT? You got free tires from them! Dang you got lucky there my friend.... I just recently bought those same tires, same ...more

I almost have a guilty conscience about it, and part of me doesn't even want parts on my bike from those cocksuckers.

But at the end of the day, I don't feel bad. Shouldn't have scammed me to begin with, & I can't complain about free tires.

Still not taking this post down whistling grin

|

12/2/2017 8:03 AM

I think the good reviews were just him or his scam partners typing them in through accounts they made. Thanks for the heads up Tim

|

If you ain't fallin you ain't trying.

12/2/2017 8:03 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I almost have a guilty conscience about it, and part of me doesn't even want parts on my bike from those cocksuckers.

But at ...more

Haha lolgrin Time2Shine will probably blow you up on Instagram though... so I'd block them lol... but dont worry, they're the, "Realest BMX Mail-order in the game!"

|

12/2/2017 8:05 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Haha lolgrin Time2Shine will probably blow you up on Instagram though... so I'd block them lol... but dont worry, they're the, ...more

What are they gonna do? Offer me more free stuff?grin

|

12/2/2017 8:06 AM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

I think the good reviews were just him or his scam partners typing them in through accounts they made. Thanks for the heads up ...more

I was thinking the same.

|

12/2/2017 8:13 AM

It kills me that he said "people are quick to go home and write a bad reviews," but yet the bad reviews are people claiming they've been waiting weeks/months for either their order or their refund. whistling

|

12/2/2017 4:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2017 4:44 PM

I bet they dropped everything they were doing and got to fixing your issue and only your issue since you made this thread, haha.

EDIT: Just came to mind, does this mean that T2S is actively browsing Vital? How'd they find your thread here? Seems rather strange...

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

12/2/2017 5:24 PM

the more people say "this thread should be stickied!" the more it makes me wanna not sticky it. If I stickied every thread people said should be stickied, the entire first page would be nothing but stickies.

Also hey, you're calling them out for scamming but you just essentially scammed them out of some tires, did you not? "Well but but they scammed me first so that makes it okay and justified!" Maybe in a way, but that's still hypocritical. Honestly if I were in your shoes and a company that allegedly scammed me DM'd me, I'd have just told them to fuck off

I'm not picking sides here, and I don't think you should remove the thread either. They made their grave and now they gotta dig themselves out of it, which it looks to me like they're doing everything they can to do so.

|

12/2/2017 5:29 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

the more people say "this thread should be stickied!" the more it makes me wanna not sticky it. If I stickied every thread ...more

Like I said, I don't feel bad. Never would I request bike parts from a scammer, but I'm not too good to accept free parts when offered. That's on them, not me.

People deserve to see this, since (according to google) they had scammed someone 6months ago the same way.

Nobody deserves to get scammed.

|

12/2/2017 6:05 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Like I said, I don't feel bad. Never would I request bike parts from a scammer, but I'm not too good to accept free parts when ...more

That was on them because they were under the assumption you would delete it when you got the tires. You not holding up your end of the deal is by definition a scam whether it's right or wrong. I'm not defending the allegations that they're scamming, but by definition that's a tad hypocritical.

I'm also not saying people don't deserve to see it either, by all means leave it up, I wouldn't take it down either but I also wouldn't swindle them out of tires then act like that's any better

|

12/2/2017 7:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2017 7:40 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

That was on them because they were under the assumption you would delete it when you got the tires. You not holding up your ...more

Didn't swindle anything. Accepted an obsurd offer from a company that is known to scam people, and even told them I can just as easily leave my post up and go about my day. Never requested anything from them. They insisted on sending me tires.
Truthfully I didn't expect them to show up. I assumed they just wanted the Instagram post down during their sale.

Besides, as far as I'm aware, I cannot delete a thread. & the post I agreed to delete is from 2015.. so sure, get rid of it. There's plenty of other proof in this thread to prove that these guys are up to no good.

Just making this information easily available to anyone considering placing an order with them.

|

12/2/2017 8:04 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Didn't swindle anything. Accepted an obsurd offer from a company that is known to scam people, and even told them I can just ...more

They offered you tires under the impression that you would take it down. If someone offered you money to take the thread down, and you take the money but don't take the thread down, is that not a scam and essentially the same thing they're accused of? Again, I'm not taking sides but it's a bit hypocritical to do that regardless. Personally I still think they're clowns for their whole "realest bmx mailorder in the game" thing but I like playing devil's advocate and also seeing things from both perspectives.

In the end though, like they said, the damage is already done.

|

12/14/2020 3:49 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Just a friendly warning to all my BMX family and friends this holiday season;
If you receive an email like this from ...more

I can even find their actual store on google how can I find it to make a review

|

12/15/2020 11:03 AM

TIMS THE REAL SCAMMER LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

|

13 years old

12/15/2020 11:04 AM

TIM YOU SUCK AT BASEBALL LMFAO YOUR LITTLE LEAGUE TEAM NEVER EVEN MADE IT TO COOPERSTOWN

|

13 years old

12/15/2020 1:21 PM

I wanted to say the same thing

|

12/16/2020 6:24 AM

I was swindled also by Matt purchased a bike he had on line that no one else had in stock, it was supposed to come in in a week, same MO as others, and yes bike never came in I got excuses from Matt, he promised me a refund that never came, these guys are very crooked, I’m in dispute now with my credit card.

|