SE Bikes!?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2018 10:42 AM

Who the heck is this company, and have they completely taken over your town too!??? Came out of nowhere but now everyone and their mother is riding these, including those 24”-26” traffic disrupting wheeliebois that should just buy a unicycle if thats all theyre gonna do. Any time I call a shop that used to have BMX parts, they only have SE bike parts.... huh? The prices are on par with completes, so not exactly “affordable alternative”. I pray this is just a local phenomena and that everyone else is safe from this caca. Its bad enough to get snaked by an 8yo on a scooter, but now I get cut-off at intersections by men on SE Bikes and stuck on a red light angry Stop the madness! If you, or a loved one suffer from SEwheelie Syndrome, please order a Legion L100 today. /rant

|

10/9/2018 11:02 AM

They’ve been around forever , have you been living under a rock ? Todd Lyons , big daddy was on there , kris fox

|

10/9/2018 11:50 AM

eskimojay wrote:

They’ve been around forever , have you been living under a rock ? Todd Lyons , big daddy was on there , kris fox

Fuck yea big daddy BMX hero

|

Hmmm

10/9/2018 12:04 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I guess so. Never heard of them until they blew up like two years ago, but now its insane! Before my 10 year hiatus in ‘08 i couldnt give a deuce about the history. Just an angry teen. Now I’m catching up sorta but not really

|

10/9/2018 12:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2018 12:07 PM

Yeah uh...don't come to NYC. They're everywhere here, and SE has been around for decades. Gotta do some research, man! My first complete was a Big Daddy SE bike. The frame was great but pretty much everything else was crap.

Todd Lyons is Wildman and he was famous for just being a total maniac in BMX races in the 80's and 90's. He used to do backflips and shit during races.

He's basically become the CEO (I think?) of SE Bikes and he's 1000% adopted the "Bike life" "Ride Out" sub-culture. Essentially these are billed as "BMX" bikes but they're just big aluminum cruisers that hundreds of kids buy and just do wheelies on.

They are kind of quite obviously kids that don't want to dedicate any real time to learning bmx, they don't want to skate, so they get a big "BMX" bike, learn how to do wheelies, and ride around with a few of their friends and act like a gang. They give actual BMXers a bad name, and when they come to a park I basically either pull off to the side or just leave.

I don't actively hate them, but it's kinda like the opposite of regular BMX. They're really just acting like young kids, going down the opposite way of traffic, etc.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

10/9/2018 12:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2018 12:49 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Yeah uh...don't come to NYC. They're everywhere here, and SE has been around for decades. Gotta do some research, man! My ...more

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

10/9/2018 12:51 PM

I don't need youtube videos. I just need to look out my window any weekend or weekday night at 11pm to see/hear/smell that.

|

10/9/2018 12:58 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I don't need youtube videos. I just need to look out my window any weekend or weekday night at 11pm to see/hear/smell that.

so go have some fun and partake in a bit of anarchy smile

|

10/9/2018 1:03 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

so go have some fun and partake in a bit of anarchy smile

Nah I got a job and responsibilities.

|

10/9/2018 1:04 PM

Yep. There is a group of little shits that ride wheelies in the middle of the road in my neighborhood.

I also won't feel bad if they were to get hit by a passing vehicle.

|

10/9/2018 1:06 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Nah I got a job and responsibilities.

thats why you wear a mask and no license plate smile

old pic before a ride out smile Photo

|

10/9/2018 2:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2018 2:08 PM

Riding a bike around isn't really anarchy though is it. Living off grid and not paying taxes is much more anarchic.

You don't need to wear a mask growing your own vegetables.

|

10/9/2018 2:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2018 2:26 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Riding a bike around isn't really anarchy though is it. Living off grid and not paying taxes is much more anarchic.

You don't ...more

riding a motorcycle around (no plates or licenses/insurance) with no regard to traffic laws or police while doing wheelies and stuff would qualify as a bit anarchic....... but yes taxation is theft. "You don't need to wear a mask growing your own vegetables." depends on what vegetables wink

|

10/9/2018 5:57 PM

if it wasn't for SE bikes, BMX might not be a thing.

the dude is responsible for STARTING KIDS RACING BICYCLES. 1974 or earlier.

http://www.sebikes.com/explore/history

|

10/9/2018 8:40 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

You don't ...more

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

riding a motorcycle around (no plates or licenses/insurance) with no regard to traffic laws or police while doing wheelies and ...more

Yes it's disregarding the law, but it's also stupid. I don't really understand how it's anarchic to just act like a dick. If you want to be an anarchist, get a group of friends, steal some land, and live off it. Quit work, don't pay your bills, don't spend money, and live in a community of like minded people, with no hierarchy.

|

10/9/2018 11:37 PM

I wish I was badass enough to wear a mask and ride a bike with no licence plate

|

10/10/2018 12:46 AM

Not my scene at all. But we are in no position to complain, we ride round the streets, wrecking ledges, jumping off roofs etc.

Also SE have been around for years.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

10/10/2018 2:30 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Not my scene at all. But we are in no position to complain, we ride round the streets, wrecking ledges, jumping off roofs etc. ...more

My issue with it is that they're directly putting other people at risk. If someone riding bmx gets hit by a lorry in the road whilst doing a trick, that's a freak accident. If they ride head on at a lorry, doing a wheelie to be cool, and get hit by a truck, they're kind of asking for it. And I couldn't really care less about the rider if they're acting that way, but the lorry driver has to live with knowing he killed someone, and that rider's leaving behind a family etc. It's not just a disregard for the law, or their own safety, it's a complete disregard to everyone around them.
Not to mention if they hit someone.
It's not anarchy, it's fucking retardness.

But, to get back on point. Yeah, se have been around longer than any of us, and had some of the most iconic bikes bmx has ever seen. Doing wheelies on a 26" is shit though.

|

10/10/2018 5:29 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

My issue with it is that they're directly putting other people at risk. If someone riding bmx gets hit by a lorry in the road ...more

I've been around longer than SE.... sad

|

10/10/2018 6:28 AM

those big bikes look fun as fuck though

|

It’s all bmx

10/10/2018 6:29 AM

Lol

Photo

|

10/10/2018 6:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2018 6:53 AM

Photo

(That's Perry Kramer ... of "P.K. Ripper" fame. He's still kicking it!)

& here's an 09 Wildman Xpert I picked up for next to nothing:

Photo
|

10/10/2018 9:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2018 9:57 AM

RumHam wrote:

maybe ask your queen

?start=141
|

10/10/2018 11:03 AM

SE was one of the first brands I was introduced to when I started riding.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/10/2018 11:37 AM

As silly as it is at least the bike life kids are doing something that isn't playing video games or(I'll never understand this)watching other people play video games on Youtube. It sucks that there are idiots involved but at leas they're doing something active.

|

10/10/2018 11:40 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

As silly as it is at least the bike life kids are doing something that isn't playing video games or(I'll never understand ...more

... and bicycle related, at that.

|

10/10/2018 11:53 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

As silly as it is at least the bike life kids are doing something that isn't playing video games or(I'll never understand ...more

I don't think there's anything wrong with playing video games. And I don't think there's anything wrong with watching other people play video games, it's no different from us watching other people ride bikes, or grown men watching people kick a ball around a field.
Whatever flicks your switch.

|

10/10/2018 12:13 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

You don't ...more

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

riding a motorcycle around (no plates or licenses/insurance) with no regard to traffic laws or police while doing wheelies and ...more

Carrots are illegal?

|

10/10/2018 1:28 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

I don't think there's anything wrong with playing video games. And I don't think there's anything wrong with watching other ...more

I don't think there's anything wrong with playing video games. But if that's all you ever do then it's a problem. People need to get outside. Especially kids.

|

10/10/2018 1:45 PM

RumHam wrote:

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

maybe ask your queen

?start=141

What is it with you and linking shitty music?

|

Hmmm