.SHOULD I GO 22?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/29/2013 4:54 PM

I am really considering going for a 22" wheel setup.I'm 6'1" tall and weigh about 235 if that matters. I am unsure if it will be a good investment. I am either too new to the game and am too nooby to feel comfortable doing tricks on the 20, or I'm too big for it. Gimme the good or the bad word!

|

4/29/2013 5:04 PM

its all personal preffrence if u want to then go for it

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

4/29/2013 5:35 PM

If you feel uncomfortable on a 20 then go 22 ive actuallt wanted to get the 22" s&m frame but dont want to spend the money, but its all personal preference you might get use to a 20"

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/29/2013 5:39 PM

i like the 22 idea. just not sure about it cause i only know of s&m/revenge making 22" rims/frames/forks. wish there was more of a selection like say 22" hazard lites

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/29/2013 6:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2013 6:03 PM

height doesn't matter. Frame size/bar size does matter.

Other than that, it's preference.

I ride 22 inch wheels and really like it. I ride it mostly on dirt jumps.

If you're new at riding bmx bikes, I don't think wheel size will be noticeable. I'd make sure your frame is long and your bars are large before buying a new bike.

Spending time on your bike will pay off more than spending money on it. smile

S&M, Faction, InDust and Standard all make frames for 22's.
S&M and Faction make tires and rims.

|

4/29/2013 6:05 PM

tomdon wrote:

i like the 22 idea. just not sure about it cause i only know of s&m/revenge making 22" rims/frames/forks. wish there was more of a selection like say 22" hazard lites

faction BMX makes one too, the amero.

|

4/29/2013 6:11 PM

pnj wrote:

height doesn't matter. Frame size/bar size does matter.

Other than that, it's preference.

I ride 22 inch wheels and really like it. I ride it mostly on dirt jumps.

If you're new at riding bmx bikes, I don't think wheel size will be noticeable. I'd make sure your frame is long and your bars are large before buying a new bike.

Spending time on your bike will pay off more than spending money on it. smile

S&M, Faction, InDust and Standard all make frames for 22's.
S&M and Faction make tires and rims.

There are few trails around me, how do you think it would work in street and park?

|

4/29/2013 6:39 PM

I really wanna try the 22 it looks perfect

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

4/29/2013 6:44 PM

I have looked at the 22's myself. I'm 6'0, about 250 and was seriously considering it until I got my bike perfectly dialed for me. The rim selection kinda killed it for me. I love my 48h ribs, just can't see myself riding anything less solid.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

4/29/2013 8:51 PM

22 inch wheels would be good on street. Take bigger drops, roll over bumps easier but still be able to throw them around like a 20 inch.

I gotta say, 22's are super fun. I spent a life time on 20's. I'm stoked on 22's.

|

4/30/2013 6:46 AM

With Revenge/S&M putting out the ARC 22" rim, the only down side now is tire selection which I believe will change soon enough. The best tire out right now is the Faction F22. The ARC rim is double walled and welded, which before could only be found from Faction. S&M is also doing a 22" version of the ATF and will have tapered Pitchforks XLTs soon. The choices are coming!

|

4/30/2013 7:01 AM

ARC rims are in the USA. Not sure who has them for sale yet, though. Black only, I think.

|