anyone ride them? they worth the money?

|

5/26/2008 5:09 PM

what do they even do?

|

waching little kids on wal-mart bikes eat shit is fun

5/26/2008 5:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2008 5:14 PM

i think they help you to get your wheel slammed and not get your chain loose and the wheel in place, but anyone uses something you can find at home to avoid to spend 10 bucks???...

|

5/26/2008 5:16 PM

i wouldnt buy them
id rather use somethin round the house

|

5/26/2008 5:21 PM

just a thought, probably wouldnt work, but couldnt you just like take a AA battery or 2, sit it in the drop out, tighten your wheel, then pull the batteries out?
idk just a thought i got in like 2 minutes haha

|

5/26/2008 5:21 PM

there like a chain tensioner. they have different spacing for how long your chain is. it keeps your rim centered and your chain tight. i dont have them tho....

|

i ride bikes.

5/26/2008 5:24 PM

they are made so that you dont have to tighten your chain all the time
so the battery idea unfortunatly wouldnt work
and it even says on the description on danscomp
that they go along with chain tensioners
and good luck getting a battery in where the bolt is

|

12/14/2010 8:45 AM

Ive got a solution (albeit two years late tongue), it depends on how far back you have your wheel from slammed... if its only a couple of mm's (up to around 5mm) go to your local bike shop and grab a couple of loose bearings, stick one in between the axle and dropout on each side.

If the bearings are the right size you have a set of chain tensioners for no money at all really, just make sure you keep spares as they could pop out if yu end up taking your wheel off smile

i haven't done this yet but my mate has done this on his and he hasn't looked back, perfect answer to the weight conscious too :D

|

12/14/2010 10:30 AM

i used to run them and they were great until i started trying burlier stuff with my pegs. i broke a few of them, but if you're not super rough on your grinds they're awesome

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

12/14/2010 1:23 PM

i know this thread is old. i love mine their awsome great at keeping ur chain tight

|