SQUEAKY BOTTOM BRACKET

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2017 6:20 PM

this might be a madd noob question but does anyone know how to stop it, and im sure this has been posted here before

|

1/5/2017 7:51 PM

Grease the spindle maybe??? Idk I have the same problem might check it out.

|

1/5/2017 7:54 PM

Nothing you can really do except put grease on the bearings. It could be your cranks too so maybe some grease on the splines may help.

|





1/6/2017 10:24 AM

I get this issue every few months, what you have to do is take off your cranks and spindle, and clean off all the old grease, clean your BB bearings. After that what you wanna do is grease up your spindle, then put your sprocket and what not back on. It helps if you grease it right before you are about to put the cranks on the spindle so u dont make a greasy mess all over your sprocket. After that it should be nice and smooth.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

1/6/2017 2:22 PM

Slaytanic Wehrmacht 666 wrote:

I get this issue every few months, what you have to do is take off your cranks and spindle, and clean off all the old grease, clean your BB bearings. After that what you wanna do is grease up your spindle, then put your sprocket and what not back on. It helps if you grease it right before you are about to put the cranks on the spindle so u dont make a greasy mess all over your sprocket. After that it should be nice and smooth.

thanks man ill try that. it just really annoys. i have i a lot of friends that just put up with it

|

1/6/2017 9:28 PM

yvngun wrote:

thanks man ill try that. it just really annoys. i have i a lot of friends that just put up with it

Yeah I got a nice complete bike and when it started with the noise it just pissed me off. Knowing how to fix stuff is good.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

1/8/2017 9:36 AM

Slaytanic Wehrmacht 666 wrote:

I get this issue every few months, what you have to do is take off your cranks and spindle, and clean off all the old grease, clean your BB bearings. After that what you wanna do is grease up your spindle, then put your sprocket and what not back on. It helps if you grease it right before you are about to put the cranks on the spindle so u dont make a greasy mess all over your sprocket. After that it should be nice and smooth.

yvngun wrote:

thanks man ill try that. it just really annoys. i have i a lot of friends that just put up with it

Slaytanic Wehrmacht 666 wrote:

Yeah I got a nice complete bike and when it started with the noise it just pissed me off. Knowing how to fix stuff is good.

yea thats what happened to me, a got 2016 division fortiz. and thought it needed a new bottom and i was pissed but its good to know i can fix it

|

1/8/2017 10:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2017 10:44 PM

are you sure its the BB and not the cranks...a sure fire way to fix that if youre rockin' a euro BB that is, is remove the BB and grease the threads

also putting a light coat of grease on the spindle and the splines where the crank arms meet

ive also heard of people taking off the sprocket boss bolt and greasing the threads,but the problem with that is that its prone to come loose if you do that..most of the time they have loc-tite on them from the factory and for a good reason..
you can apply a very fine layer of grease on the the threads of the sprocket boss bolt and then reapply a small amount of loc-tite to ensure that bolt doesnt come loose or even fall out which ive seen happen..


apply lube to the chain and tighten up your chain

tighten up you crank arm pinch bolts as well

|