STOP TRYING

Related:
Create New Tag

12/8/2016 5:00 AM

Does anyone else feel that the best way to land a trick is to just stop trying it for a week and then come back? That helped me learn my fakies, 180s and 360s. I'll come back and then like get them first try. I also find that if I try a trick to much in a row, I'll get worse and worse. When I was learning 360s, I would get like 345 first time and by the end of the sesh I could barely spin 270. But I eventually got them

|

"Jason Bourne, its Jesus Christ"

12/8/2016 5:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2016 7:57 AM

You're right, sometimes it worth it to keep trying the trick or line you struggle with, and sometimes you just have to let it go and try again later, it really depends on the situation and knowing yourself and your personnal skills.

|

12/8/2016 6:31 AM

I noticed this as I am learning fakies for sure. Like in one session I will get them going, but then start getting over analytical about it and it seems like I go backwards. I come back the next session and am a bit more secure than I remember. I know for me it is the brain thing....I am like this with everything else I do.

I will also do this within a session...run a line for a while, get over analytical, then find a corner and work on some small technique item...come back to the line and it is like magic...in small doses.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

12/8/2016 6:47 AM

Yup. This often happens for me

|

12/8/2016 8:04 AM

Yeah, you start to over think what you're doing, and try too hard. I usually have a couple of half arsed attempts at something to see if I think I'll get it, then I'll either keep going, or leave it.

Manny 180's are the worst for me. One day I can try all day and not get one, the next day I'll do one without even trying

|

12/8/2016 8:58 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah, you start to over think what you're doing, and try too hard. I usually have a couple of half arsed attempts at something ...more

yeah...the last time I came back to try fakies after about a week off, I did one for like 20 feet off of a wall. I was sooo happy....then the next try was like 5 feet b/c I right away started over thinking it...stupid brain

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

12/8/2016 5:47 PM

I usually fuck around 95% of the time and that's how I learn stuff , only things I really try for I end up getting mad after 30 minutes of trying and then fuck around with jib stuff

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/9/2016 5:42 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah, you start to over think what you're doing, and try too hard. I usually have a couple of half arsed attempts at something ...more

this. i actually do this for a lot of things. videogames especially. instead of flippin out or stressin i just swtich games. and skateboarding i just switch tricks or spots, just like i do with bmx.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "