STRONG vs. LIGHT parts

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2009 4:39 PM

it seems like soo many kids on here would rather have lighter parts vs strong parts

i myself would take stronger parts anyday

im just wondering,what are your opinions on this?

|

3/26/2009 4:40 PM

I'd rather not pay more than I have to. Give me strong please, with a small side of light.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

3/26/2009 4:55 PM

tibug wrote:

I'd rather not pay more than I have to. Give me strong please, with a small side of light.

thats true,but more times than not the stronger parts cost less

|

3/26/2009 4:59 PM

My bike is heavy enough at 28 pounds. I still come home with aching muscles and torn up hands.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

3/26/2009 5:05 PM

tibug wrote:

My bike is heavy enough at 28 pounds. I still come home with aching muscles and torn up hands.

same here, and mines 27lbs

|

I <3 theamazingjack, dan, ressler, and dakota

3/26/2009 5:06 PM

mines 27 and i throw that bitch around like a dirty whore. hahaha.

|

I'll beat the %@#kin brakes off you @%tch. Shut the %#!k up and ride your %*#kin bike @$$hole.

3/26/2009 9:59 PM

dude most part's made now day's are light. if i was to go and build a custom bike with all the newest parts, it would be light cause no one wants heavy anymore cause the light shit now days is just as strong

|

3/26/2009 10:53 PM

I like strong stuff, i only ride a guarded sprocket, 4 pegs, and an old blackbike frame.
Although i do have light stuff (but i wanna get rid of it) like my eastern deceptikon stem, fuckin christ that thing pisses me off, i cant believe i traded my fly potencia stem for it, dumbest thing ive ever done period.

|

3/27/2009 6:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 7:07 PM

Carry around a twenty something lbs baby in one arm all day and a 30 lbs bike is nothing. Strength > lightness, Especially for us who buy their own parts. Who the fuck has the money to go around replacing something once a week?

|

Enjoy life and stay happy.

3/27/2009 7:44 AM

just because they're light doesn't mean they're not strong...some light parts and reinforced in the right places to keep them strong and also keep the weight down.

|

titties and beer > everything

3/27/2009 7:46 AM

KriSandM wrote:

I like strong stuff, i only ride a guarded sprocket, 4 pegs, and an old blackbike frame.
Although i do have light stuff (but i wanna get rid of it) like my eastern deceptikon stem, fuckin christ that thing pisses me off, i cant believe i traded my fly potencia stem for it, dumbest thing ive ever done period.

you traded a fly potencia for a eastern deceptikon? good one kris haha

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

3/27/2009 8:45 AM

now a days the lighter parts are stronger
because new advances in technology have made it that way
so i wouldnt go buying the lighetest parts u can get but the light parts are just as strong

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

3/27/2009 9:06 AM

JustRideBMX wrote:

now a days the lighter parts are stronger
because new advances in technology have made it that way
so i wouldnt go buying the lighetest parts u can get but the light parts are just as strong

thats true but people are fucking stupid and cant get that through there thick ass skulls...

|

dont think of it as rape, think of it as surprise sex. and who doesnt love a surprise?

3/27/2009 11:22 AM

new light stuff has the same stress ratings, or higher than old shit so yea, ima go light.

|

3/27/2009 11:24 AM

but go ahead and ride triple wall 14mm 48 spokes if you want, thats on you.

|

3/27/2009 11:48 AM

yes the new stuff these days are light and just as strong but you have to pick through and research the parts that are the strongest and lightest. my bikes around 22 lb's with full gyro and steel pegs because i have done the research to find the best parts at the best weight

|

3/27/2009 12:22 PM

well its like the eastern ti frame... (dont fucking care that its eastern or not redline made on too) but it says disclaimer: if you ride trials, park, street, or vert this is not for you. and they did to say look what i did! but the way the chromo is being heat treated anymore is insanely strong and light... ya if you wanna run a triple wall rim with 48 spokes shred it dude... idc... but just cause you wanna ride like that doesnt mean that light sucks... if your a hucker and case 30 foot jumps dont complaine cause you bent your rim dumbass come on... i run light shit... i like it... and im smooth enough not to ruin it... but i do eat shit and case alot... and havent had a problem...

does taht make any since?
and im not talking to anyone in paticular
beside ressler... cause he is a hoe

|

dont think of it as rape, think of it as surprise sex. and who doesnt love a surprise?