|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/7/2013 4:59 PM

depends if you like the geo. the rooster was designed for trails. my mirraco chocolate is a "street" frame but with trails geo and works just fine

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/7/2013 5:12 PM

tomdon wrote:

depends if you like the geo. the rooster was designed for trails. my mirraco chocolate is a "street" frame but with trails geo and works just fine

reason im thinking about this is it comes with a 13.75 chain stay and 27-9 supposedly will slam with a regular chain and it accepts bigger sprockets and most frames are not compatible with the MDS dual guarded 27t and im sure it would feel fine with some strands on it

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/7/2013 5:13 PM

Yeah it looks good.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/7/2013 5:17 PM

first off i personally love mellow ht with strands. feels just right. i ride mine on a 74.5 ht. 13.75 cs is great if you ride 4 pegs or enjoy manuals & other back end tricks. very stable. the lower bb makes for a more stable feeling frame in manuals/air also. 27/9 with no half link sits at 13.67. so 13.75 will be slammed but the chain is gonna be tight as fuck

|

6/7/2013 5:20 PM

basically the same geometry as the funday

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/7/2013 5:28 PM

then again i really would like to get the soundwave

but i only want to get something thats going to work i just dropped $591.00 on custom wheels, pegs guards, and another load of cash for this chain sprocket and the inner guard got that for 3 dollars at tree fort bikes so lucky

all this just to slam my back end and its been a nightmare

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/7/2013 5:44 PM

tomdon wrote:

first off i personally love mellow ht with strands. feels just right. i ride mine on a 74.5 ht. 13.75 cs is great if you ride 4 pegs or enjoy manuals & other back end tricks. very stable. the lower bb makes for a more stable feeling frame in manuals/air also. 27/9 with no half link sits at 13.67. so 13.75 will be slammed but the chain is gonna be tight as fuck

i dont think it will be possible to get the chain on if its that tight of a fit

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/7/2013 6:03 PM

tomdon wrote:

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

it will go on. its gonna be rough to get on, rough to pedal, its gonna hold your cranks super still, your chain will be stressed to hell, and you'll need a chain breaker or master link to remove your wheel

|

6/7/2013 6:15 PM

tomdon wrote:

tomdon wrote:

it will go on. its gonna be rough to get on, rough to pedal, its gonna hold your cranks super still, your chain will be stressed to hell, and you'll need a chain breaker or master link to remove your wheel

sounds like a mess i dont want it all that slammed

also i was wondering is it bad to run a small extra space on the sprocket side of the bike because if i dont on the frame i have now the inner guard hits the frame

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/7/2013 6:26 PM

tomdon wrote:

also i was wondering is it bad to run a small extra space on the sprocket side of the bike because if i dont on the frame i have now the inner guard hits the frame

it's fine. it makes the chain out of alignment but no chain is ever perfectly aligned so no big deal

|

6/7/2013 6:39 PM

I cant slam my 27t on my 13.75. So now I ride a 25/9

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

6/7/2013 7:57 PM

tomdon wrote:

tomdon wrote:

it's fine. it makes the chain out of alignment but no chain is ever perfectly aligned so no big deal

idk i fear it could damage something

should i just get a custom STA 500 set up perfectly and blow a shit ton of money so i wont have to deal with this kinda shit ever again ?

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/7/2013 8:05 PM

tomdon wrote:

should i just get a custom STA 500 set up perfectly and blow a shit ton of money so i wont have to deal with this kinda shit ever again ?

if ya want. its your money. i dont see why you need a slammed wheel

|

6/7/2013 8:26 PM

tomdon wrote:

tomdon wrote:

i grind allot and ride distance allot i need my wheel to stay straight and tight

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/7/2013 8:29 PM

tomdon wrote:

i grind allot and ride distance allot i need my wheel to stay straight and tight

tighten your wheel more if it's moving. and centering a wheel is quite easy. i grind and ride distance just fine and my wheel isnt slammed

|

6/7/2013 9:36 PM

tomdon wrote:

tomdon wrote:

tighten your wheel more if it's moving. and centering a wheel is quite easy. i grind and ride distance just fine and my wheel isnt slammed

where do you find this stuff on chain stay length and gear ratios

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/7/2013 10:26 PM

tomdon wrote:

Invest in an animal kotulak. Then you don't need a slammed chain and can carry it in your pocket. Or quit being a bitch.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdick~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/8/2013 4:05 AM

tomdon wrote:

future FBM wrote:

Invest in an animal kotulak. Then you don't need a slammed chain and can carry it in your pocket. Or quit being a bitch.

Yea I'd like to see someone trying to ride with one of those in their pocket

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/8/2013 5:33 AM

Why don't you just use a chain tensioner?

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

6/8/2013 5:46 AM

jacobf wrote:

Why don't you just use a chain tensioner?

Yeah cause chain tensioners are gonna fix that
|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/8/2013 6:59 AM

tomdon wrote:

where do you find this stuff on chain stay length and gear ratios

google.

|

6/8/2013 7:12 AM

I started to make a smart ass comment about remembering when we didn't care about where our axle sat in the dropout, and then I remembered dropouts used to be around two or three inches deep before, and we didn't have to worry about one link being the difference between hanging half way out or not being able to get the wheel on at all. I think it's great that there's all the choices that there are now, but someone needs to step up and make half link that isn't a piece of crap. Thicker plate, nice beefy pin and roller. Something with testicular fortitude.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

6/8/2013 7:19 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

I started to make a smart ass comment about remembering when we didn't care about where our axle sat in the dropout, and then I remembered dropouts used to be around two or three inches deep before, and we didn't have to worry about one link being the difference between hanging half way out or not being able to get the wheel on at all. I think it's great that there's all the choices that there are now, but someone needs to step up and make half link that isn't a piece of crap. Thicker plate, nice beefy pin and roller. Something with testicular fortitude.

this guy won't use it. but cult makes a 510 halflink and it's pretty badass. it's pretty thick and holds up really well. I have a few laying around but no 510 chain to use em on. and its the full halflink chain, not the halflink that comes installed on the 510 chain. that thing is garbage

|

6/8/2013 7:37 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

this guy won't use it. but cult makes a 510 halflink and it's pretty badass. it's pretty thick and holds up really well. I have a few laying around but no 510 chain to use em on. and its the full halflink chain, not the halflink that comes installed on the 510 chain. that thing is garbage

THIS

AND THAT CULT CHAIN IS A PIECE OF SHIT

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/8/2013 11:05 AM

future FBM wrote:

I do. Everytime i ride.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdick~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/8/2013 3:04 PM

future FBM wrote:

future FBM wrote:

I do. Everytime i ride.

Sounds comfortable

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/8/2013 4:23 PM

This is getting me horny

|

6/8/2013 4:25 PM

|