SUPER TECH FRAMES!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/6/2014 10:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2014 11:07 AM

Im sure youve all had it with me bitching about the quality and lack of super tech frames.
Well, as flipping through the merged, I found a few frames dropping soon with super tech geo, including the new Subrosa Villicus with a 13.25 cs and "steeper headtube" (spring), the Proper BSH v2 with a 13.3ish cs and 75.25 head tube (next few weeks), and there is a FBM street prototype with a "steeper head tube and shorter back end".
All three of these companies are very renowned for quality frames and (drum roll please) heat treated frames! So we should be expecting high quality, heat treated super tech frames very soon!
The Volume Cerberus recently dropped with a 13.4cs and 75.25 head tube and fully heat treated.
Ive never been so happy about parts dropping as i am now. The market has been lacking quality heat treated tech frames for a while and I do believe it is because only two companies (outside of flatland) were offering them for the longest time, and that is Sunday and Fit. My theory on this is that, if youre like me and run a tech frame religiously, then the sooner you break yours, the sooner youll almost have to buy the same one again! That explains why two companies with a very well known heat treatment/warranty process didnt heat treat or warranty their super tech frames.
Im curious to see if Sunday will be offering the Broadcaster in 41thermal treated and warrantied and if Fit will treat the Wifi and Benny L now that there is competition in the super tech market! Surely when you break your broadcaster/wifi youre not going to buy another one when you can pick up a higher quality heat treated frame with the same or similar specs that will come with warranty!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/6/2014 11:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2014 11:08 AM

The thing is, if you want a super tech frame then you are likely to be in to tech riding. Tech riding generally puts the frame under a lot less stress than hardcore street. This means that there is some sense in making less strong frames with tech geometry because they can be sold at a cheaper price. I'm not saying there is no market for super strong super techy frames, I know there definitely is.

|

2/6/2014 11:12 AM

I've got an s&m ltf with 13.0 chainstays a 21 inch top tube and 75 degree ht it seems to be pretty solid for all around riding tech or big jumping it feels good

|

2/6/2014 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2014 11:18 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

The thing is, if you want a super tech frame then you are likely to be in to tech riding. Tech riding generally puts the frame ...more

Yes I see your point but I feel the demand for a tech market has been growing substantially. I cant tell you how many kids on fb/youtube ive seen with Wifis and Broadcasters. Alot more people are hopping on the tech bandwagon and theres just not enough choice or quality there. I agree a cheap frame is nice, but not nice enough to ditch quality. I mean, even Sunday doesn't take pride in their own frame. If they honestly thought that frame was made to last, they would offer it with a lifetime warranty just like every other frame they make. I would rather pay an extra $75 and know that my frame is stronger regardless and if it proves not to be, then ill have a new one in the mail.

Also, not saying a non heat treated frame cant be stronger than a heat treated one.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

2/6/2014 11:21 AM

Thats why i bought a marv and some fastpicth forks. I couldn't imagine hitting dj's with it though

|

Refs: lirider187, lifeofriden2200, howlerfbm, ride4jesus1111, Showtime402, Verdecustom, DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou, Kymike x2, hookjrclc, ScramHype x2. obiwan chromoly, Brokenbmx, susboi, Overtaker2.25, ecuadevil x3, MaximusBikes.

2/6/2014 11:31 AM

I have a broadcaster and tbh I don't like the super short back end. It does make manuals easier but a lot of the time when I hop I feel like I'm gonna loop out. It really messes with my confidence

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/6/2014 11:36 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

The thing is, if you want a super tech frame then you are likely to be in to tech riding. Tech riding generally puts the frame ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Yes I see your point but I feel the demand for a tech market has been growing substantially. I cant tell you how many kids on ...more

Yeah I completely agree with you, but I can see why Sunday and Fit offer the cheaper but weaker option. I think if Sunday made the Broadcaster available with 41 thermal heat treating and a lifetime warranty as well as the normal Broadcaster it would be great.

|

2/6/2014 11:37 AM

What about the United Dinero? Heat treated headtube, BB and dropouts. The dropouts are invest cast too.

Chainstays are 12.9" slammed, 75.5 headtube...

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/6/2014 11:42 AM

Here's a video of shop rider Jared Chilko going super tech on his Dinero in his Welcome to United Edit!

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder

2/6/2014 11:48 AM

transition_chris wrote:

What about the United Dinero? Heat treated headtube, BB and dropouts. The dropouts are invest cast too.

Chainstays are 12.9" ...more

Never noticed that? I looked at all the United frames and dont recall seeing anything. Saw some with tight headtubes and short stays but didnt see any with both.

Im probably going to get the Proper BSH2 or the Volume Cerberus. Ive been playing around with my setup and decided I dont want the extremely short 13" stays and the 75.25 head tube is good enough with my shorter stem and short offset forks. 13.3-4 sounds ideal because i would like to run my wheel at about 13.45-13.6 and 75.25 sounds like something I want to try and im sure ill adapt just aswell to it.

|

2/6/2014 12:04 PM

From the Fit website...

"The following three level warranty policies apply to ALL FIT hard-goods if you are the original owner and can provide proof of purchase. This warranty does not apply to FIT branded handle grips, tires, soft-goods, or complete bikes (see below for complete bike warranty policy).

30 Day Warranty against Manufacturer’s Defects
A Manufacturer’s Defect is anything deemed incorrect with the product upon purchasing it. We realize it may take some time to notice these types of problems, so we allow a 30-day period to identity them. Any product determined to posses such a defect will be replaced free of charge.

1 Year Warranty against Breaks
If a break develops on any FIT hard-good within one year of purchase, we will replace it free of charge.

Lifetime Warranty Upgrade
If you damage a FIT product while in use, you can purchase a replacement or an upgrade at discounted Warranty Upgrade prices for the life of the part. Products purchased at Warranty Upgrade prices directly from FIT will be covered by our 30-Day Warranty against Manufacturer’s Defects only."

I see no exceptions for the WiFi or Benny L.
|

2/6/2014 12:10 PM

Yes but
A. I was referring more towards Sundays lifetime warranty
B. Who dafuq breaks a frame in a year? Talk about shredding.
FBM has lifetime warranty if im not correct so im interested in this "Street" frame theyre talking about.

I also forgot to mention the SandM BTM. Pretty sure its a super tech frame if I remember correctly. But same story with it.

|

2/6/2014 12:12 PM

you can get my signature frame from solid! 13.2 cs, 75.5 ht, 21.1tt, 10"st. everyone who has ridden it loves it. everyone

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

2/6/2014 12:16 PM

If youre not joking, do you have a link? 10"st sounds overkill but whatever

|

2/6/2014 12:16 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Here's a video of shop rider Jared Chilko going super tech on his Dinero in his Welcome to United Edit!

Daam what a nice edit.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/6/2014 1:32 PM

Ill grab that FBM frame for sure if or when it comes out!

|

brakeless maniac

2/6/2014 1:58 PM

I don't think FBM or S&M/FIT are heat treated.

The S&M Intrikit frame seems techy, no?

|

2/6/2014 4:14 PM

I got some fast pitch forks I plan on staying jumping lots and riding fast....and possibly get more into tech moves ......adapting is a part of freestyle just because a part is a different spec it should not hinder your riding ability

|

2/6/2014 4:43 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Chainstays are 12.9" ...more

Thank you Chris.

This NEEDED to be pointed out. United is totally underrated

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/6/2014 7:04 PM

Have fun breaking a broadcaster

|

When the river runs red, take the dirt road instead.

2/6/2014 7:41 PM

Y'all are nuckin futs.

I dont get why you need anything over 75?? Do you really struggle that much with front end tricks? Anything over 75 scares me. Short chainstays are all good and stuff but i dont think i could fully commit to one ever tho. My brother has one and uuugh it is so much techiness. I like the short backend alright but jeez 75.5 is scary. Its too twitchy and has no forgiveness.

If you are making a frame that isnt taking giant drops and is mostly grinding ledges and doing flat spins, why not make it light as possible and sacrifice some strength???? Makes sense to me. Orrr maybe they make them heavy and not heat treated bc they are too responsive? Hmm

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/6/2014 7:50 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Y'all are nuckin futs.

I dont get why you need anything over 75?? Do you really struggle that much with front end tricks? ...more

THIS! I rode tim's frame and it was soo fucking twitchy i could do 180s just by turning to hard lol

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

2/6/2014 7:51 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Y'all are nuckin futs.

I dont get why you need anything over 75?? Do you really struggle that much with front end tricks? ...more

I couldn't agree more with the first part of this. I know a dude who can nose manual farther than almos anyone else i know on a 74.5 degree hta United Voyage.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

2/6/2014 8:04 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

THIS! I rode tim's frame and it was soo fucking twitchy i could do 180s just by turning to hard lol

Youre just a little bitch. Jk.

I kind of agree. I love the feel of my steep headtube but I feel with 25offset forks it may be overkill just a tad (I still love it.) Thats why im planning on knocking off a quarter degree on my next frame. Hopefully give me a similar feel to like a 75.5 w/ 28offset.

The main reason why I like the steeper head tube is for learning bars (theyre real snappy) and not necessarily for nose manuals, but for nose bonks and footjam variations.

I love my set up though and probably wont change frames until I either get a job and car and end up with the extra dough after a few months, or until this one breaks. Tbh, 13.75 slammed feels really good and im kind of digging the low bottom bracket (11.5) on my frame. But when I get a new frame it will be a tad shorter in the back, enough to ditch a outer link and inner link and throw a halflink into my chain (13.55, 13.6?) or maybe 13.4 slammed if I can slam it on that without a half link. Ill play around with it, but I definitely plan on 75.25 head tube and probably no shorter than 13.35 slammed chainstays. The Volume Cerberus is the main one catching my eye right now, but it appears there are many other options rolling my way soon.

|

2/6/2014 10:05 PM

Sounds like you would love a Fit Moto Mike.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder

2/7/2014 9:11 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I will call it yes and no with the stress part. Most often tech would be a lot of smaller tricks linked together. Street is a lot of smaller tricks linked together. There are some dudes that do ridiculous stuff and drop roofs and crap, and they would likely not need a tighter geometry. But those guys that keep it lower with ledges rails and manuals might benefit. As to stress, grinds put a lot of stress on frames, so do spins. Landing hard obviously does as well, but it is a different stress.

With BMX there are too many gray areas...everything works for everything, some things are more set up one way or another. Tighter geometry is going to give it a twitchier feel when hauling ass or boosting.

Honestly you could ride dirt on a flatland frame if you wanted.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/7/2014 9:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2014 9:38 AM

That last part dave said is so true, i use my wethepeople cream frame for everything (street-bowls-dirt) and that has a really techy, responsive geo and it works fine. 30mm offset on the forks tho.

If your comfortable on your bike and have some bike control, you can use whatever geo you got on whatever terrain.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/7/2014 10:02 AM

there needs to be a frame made for taller guys who enjoy the twitchy geometry. I'm 6'3" and stoked on the BSD Raider, but would be more stoked on something with a 75.5 ht, and 13-13.5 cs.

|

2/7/2014 10:46 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I couldn't agree more with the first part of this. I know a dude who can nose manual farther than almos anyone else i know on ...more

I think 75 is good. Personally, a short toptube makes nose manuals really easy!! My 20 inch fit TRL Frame I ran for a few days was a 20 inch tt and I could nose anything. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/7/2014 10:48 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Youre just a little bitch. Jk.

I kind of agree. I love the feel of my steep headtube but I feel with 25offset forks it may be ...more

Bars feel TOO fast with 75.5 for me. And if you land wrong you are flipping over. Not a fan. Haha 75, however is good. I could go as far as 75.25, but I don't really like that either. 13.35 is great actually, I think it manuals the best. But right now my backend is like 13.7ish and that feels mint. I can manual quite well on it.

|