Salt bmx frame

Related:
Create New Tag

3/16/2018 12:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/16/2018 1:13 PM

Hello, I got this bike from a friend a few years back and don’t know too much about it tbh. Couldn’t find the frame online so I was wondering if any of you guys could shed some knowledge on the quality of it. Just trying to figure out if it’s worth restoring or not. It’s def seen better days please don’t judge and I do have the other matching rim lol. Thanks!Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/16/2018 12:53 PM

Check at BMXMuseum.com. They hate those sorts of questions so I don't know that I'd outright ask, but you might be able to see if they have something like that for sale & how much they are asking. It's free to join but to sell anything I think you have to be a member. You might be able to join & then lest your bike and photos & see if anyone says anything like "I'd love to own that!". Sorry I can't be more helpful.

|

3/16/2018 1:08 PM

What does it say on the bottom bracket? I remember a few WTP completes having the name on the BB.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/16/2018 1:13 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

What does it say on the bottom bracket? I remember a few WTP completes having the name on the BB.

It’s a S for Salt

|

3/16/2018 1:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/16/2018 1:20 PM

Yeah, salt don't make frames. It's probably a wtp. As for asking price, it depends on the market in your area. In the UK you'd get £50, I doubt anyone would stretch to £100 but that's where I'd start, but expect to get knocked down
Edit: looks like a 2010 wtp reason. Nothing special

|

3/16/2018 1:25 PM

Wethepeople Reason 2010.

Photo

Worth peanuts.

|

3/16/2018 1:26 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah, salt don't make frames. It's probably a wtp. As for asking price, it depends on the market in your area. In the UK you'd ...more

Yeah it does look just like that! But it has the salt logo in the frame so idk, you sure they didn’t make frames at some point?

|

3/16/2018 1:27 PM

gconnorg wrote:

Yeah it does look just like that! But it has the salt logo in the frame so idk, you sure they didn’t make frames at some ...more

On the actual frame on on the fork?

|

3/16/2018 1:30 PM

Yep that’s the one, thanks!!

|

3/16/2018 1:31 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah, salt don't make frames. It's probably a wtp. As for asking price, it depends on the market in your area. In the UK you'd ...more

gconnorg wrote:

Yeah it does look just like that! But it has the salt logo in the frame so idk, you sure they didn’t make frames at some ...more

jbales wrote:

On the actual frame on on the fork?

It was the fork, sorry I really don’t know much about bikes

|

3/16/2018 1:37 PM

Yeah the fork is Salt. Salt is a budget parts sub-brand of WeThePeople. They use them on their complete bikes.

|

3/16/2018 1:42 PM

Salt parts came spec'd on WTP bikes

|

3/21/2018 3:17 PM

Cranks look like 48 spline though. Are those profiles?

|

3/21/2018 3:48 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Cranks look like 48 spline though. Are those profiles?

It's the angle of the photo, they have a pinch bolt

|

3/21/2018 4:07 PM

Also, a few WTP completes have 8 spline cranks posing as 48 spline.

|

3/21/2018 6:00 PM

jbales wrote:

Yeah there’s alot of 8-spline cranks that do not have the pinch-bolt arms. Not as good as a 48-spline, but still better than them 8-spline with pinch-bolts

|

3/22/2018 5:48 AM

jbales wrote:

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

Yeah there’s alot of 8-spline cranks that do not have the pinch-bolt arms. Not as good as a 48-spline, but still better than ...more

Are they though? 8 splines seem to be manufactured with a lesser degree of precision just due to their nature. Without a pinch bolt to keep everything tight, wouldn't everything wear prematurely?

Also I might be ignorant but I've never seen 8 spline cranks with no pinch bolts.

|

3/22/2018 5:52 AM

jbales wrote:

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

Yeah there’s alot of 8-spline cranks that do not have the pinch-bolt arms. Not as good as a 48-spline, but still better than ...more

Super-Pawl wrote:

Are they though? 8 splines seem to be manufactured with a lesser degree of precision just due to their nature. Without a pinch ...more

Yeah, that's a new one on me as well. Even the cranks that started it all, 401 Redline Flite Cranks, had 8-splines & a pinch bolt, as did their newer versions the 402's (double pinch bolts).

|

3/22/2018 6:00 AM

jbales wrote:

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

Super-Pawl wrote:

Are they though? 8 splines seem to be manufactured with a lesser degree of precision just due to their nature. Without a pinch ...more

Check the WTP Justice, Reason and Crysis.

|

3/22/2018 6:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/22/2018 8:02 AM

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

Super-Pawl wrote:

jbales wrote:

Sure as shit..... The Crysis is listed as having "8-spline cranks" & the pics show no pinch bolts.

|

3/22/2018 7:58 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Sure as shit..... The Crysis is listed as having "8-spline cranks" & the pics show no pinch bolts.

I wonder how they work.

|

3/22/2018 8:03 AM

jbales wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

jbales wrote:

I wonder how they work.

Thought the same thing.... maybe a mild taper fit?

|

3/22/2018 8:05 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

jbales wrote:

I wonder how they work.

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Thought the same thing.... maybe a mild taper fit?

Then the arms won't compress the BB.

|

3/22/2018 8:22 AM

Press fit like the 48s. I’ve seen some pics with the snapped crank arms that had pinch bolts. For sure not Redline Flite quality lol

|

3/22/2018 8:24 AM

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

Press fit like the 48s. I’ve seen some pics with the snapped crank arms that had pinch bolts. For sure not Redline Flite ...more

Yeah, I suppose they could make them with more precision than the pinch bolt type.

|