Salt plus freecoaster?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2015 6:59 AM

I am not a fan of salt but I am looking to get a coaster I was thinking about eclat but everyone says it's shit and I saw the salt that uses the same technology as the Ezra , I would of got the the Ezra but I ride lhd and Théy only do it in rhd, and the salt looks pretty light for a coaster, just don't not very coffident about how it will hold up

|

2/9/2015 7:09 AM

If you want the better version of that design, get the eclat blind hub and replace the spring before you even put it on (a good rubberband actually works well).

The Salt doesn't need a new driver if you want it to be a cassette, you just replace springs and its done. The Eclat needs a new driver, but once you have the driver it actually is much faster to switch them out.

So i'd say, if you have the cash, buy the eclat, if you want to switch off and on a lot but have less money, get the Salt. I'm sure it's a good hub, but my friend has the ezra and it pops and clicks all the time. Never slips but is kinda annoying. Plus, the slack (even with maximum clutch disc installed) is pretty small. The Eclat can have more slack which is good. Plus Germans designed the Eclat and they know what they're doing, but so does the (Ezra) Salt. Eclat's is just better but also more money.

It's your choice, but everyone i know always sells their Ezra because they get tired of it. (then again if you get tired of it you can make it into a cassette so it's your call!)

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/9/2015 8:32 AM

I wouldn't get Ezra , eastern shit the bed and they owned Ezra do I'm guessing Ezra shit the bed aswell and will be hard to find replacement parts

|

2/9/2015 8:51 AM

Honestly I haven't really heard much back about MOST coasters out there. I think if I get one, I am going with the Demolition. Biz is the man.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/9/2015 8:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2015 9:08 AM

*whispers in ya ear* get a freeeemixxxxx

|

2/9/2015 9:47 AM

The Salt one should be ok.
Since i know Salt is just the "no name" brand from eclat.
i rode a Salt+ cassette for four years and it still looks brand new and never had a problem with it.
But if you have the extra cash go for the eclat one.

|

Instagram: @bjoernkrg

2/9/2015 12:14 PM

Thinking about getting the eclat with a gsport birdcage rim smile anyone know what size spokes i would need for that combo smile?

|

2/9/2015 4:09 PM

Get the Eclat Blind, Federal V3, Cult V2, or Primo Freemix bro. Those are the best freecoasters you can choose from, primarily because they've been in the coaster game for a while and have tested their products longer than other companies tested their's.
I'm most likely getting the Eclat Blind myself, but I'm disappointed that they only have plastic hub guards...

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/10/2015 4:22 AM

Baphometh wrote:

Get the Eclat Blind, Federal V3, Cult V2, or Primo Freemix bro. Those are the best freecoasters you can choose from, primarily ...more

We do alloy guards as well smile

|

2/10/2015 10:36 AM

Baphometh wrote:

Get the Eclat Blind, Federal V3, Cult V2, or Primo Freemix bro. Those are the best freecoasters you can choose from, primarily ...more

For the record, most coasters are KHE internals, which have been around for roughly 8+ years. Most companies just produce the hub shell, some try to modify/improve the intenals.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura