Saltplus Trapez Freecoaster/Cassette Hub Help

Related:
Create New Tag

4/6/2015 7:33 PM

So im a relatively new rider, and I've been looking into buying the Wethepeople Crysis complete. The rear hub that comes with it is a Saltplus Trapez hub. Apparently you can switch it between cassette and freecoaster.

Has anyone tried this hub? Does it still perform well when switched to cassette?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

|

4/6/2015 7:58 PM

its the ezra design of coaster
mine was great, bought it secondhand, rode it hard, now its on its 3rd owner who beats on it and still no problems

im sure you'll like it

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

4/7/2015 1:50 PM

It looks like there's two separate rear hubs available, they are both labeled as a "trapez" hub, but one is labeled "cassette" and one is labeled "freecoaster". Yet, it seems like you can switch both the "cassette" and "freecoaster" hubs between both modes.

So whats the difference between the two hubs, and why are they labeled differently, yet have the same capabilities?

Any help or advice is appreciated, thanks!

Link to website: http://www.saltbmx.com/saltplus/products/hubs

|

4/7/2015 2:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2015 2:47 PM

One is able to be a freecoaster or a cassette, I think they may have made one with SDS (SWITCH DRIVE SYSTEM) that can be LHD or RHD.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura