Saltplus or Vocal Freecoaster? Or what else? What freecoasters have the most slack?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2017 2:31 PM

Getting a new rear hub. Haven't looked into freecoasters since my federal v2.

I like a lot of slack.

The federal v2 at 25/9 gearing gets about 45 degrees of slack at the max setting. I wouldn't mind even 90 degrees or more.

Anyone know if the salt plus or vocal freecoasters have as much or even more slack as the federal v2 freecoaster?:
http://saltbmx.com/saltplus/products/hubs/137-saltplus-trapez-freecoaster-hub
http://vocalbmx.com/shop/hitchhiker-rear-hub-2/
Those ones are way lighter than my federal v2, although i wouldn't get them if the slack sucks.

What's the freecoaster out with the most slack?

|

8/15/2017 3:44 PM

Just get and Odyssey Clutch and put it on the max slack setting...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/15/2017 4:31 PM

Is max slack on it 45 degrees or more?

|

8/15/2017 5:14 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Just get and Odyssey Clutch and put it on the max slack setting...

Ain't that much . I have the V2 . It's probably a quarter crank

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/15/2017 5:17 PM

Ahhh... never mind then...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/15/2017 5:53 PM

Quarter crank is not that much? What's got more than?

Quarter crank is actually pretty good if you're really talking about a full 90 degrees.

I remember people saying the Federal v2 was a quarter crank but it's actually 1/8 (45 degrees). If felt like it was a quarter but, it's actually much less when you check it from a side view.

|

8/15/2017 7:52 PM

It's really expensive but the Profile Z Coaster can go up to 115 degrees.

|

8/16/2017 1:22 AM

If you want big slack salt is not really for you however its a really great hub i never had problem with it expect snaping an axle what was kinda my bad.

|

8/16/2017 5:32 AM

It doesn't have that much? It doesn't have 45 degrees but it has a quarter crank? Lol what? A quarter crank is double 45 degrees.

|

8/16/2017 8:37 AM

Mr_Orange wrote:

I have a V1 clutch, degree wise, I'd say it's around the 60-70 mark. It said the V2 clutch has more slack. I also have a zcoaster at 90, from riding both I feel the 90 is to much now. I have to over rotate the crank/hub before disengaging. ..

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/16/2017 10:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2017 10:55 AM

The Horror Contact wrote:

I have a V1 clutch, degree wise, I'd say it's around the 60-70 mark. It said the V2 clutch has more slack. I also have a ...more

Can you explain this video about the zcoaster?:

He says he uses the pedal pressure from the cassette mode but then as soon as he lands he's not backpedaling.....like a freecoaster?wtf?
|

8/16/2017 12:55 PM

Mr_Orange wrote:

I have a V1 clutch, degree wise, I'd say it's around the 60-70 mark. It said the V2 clutch has more slack. I also have a ...more

Mr_Orange wrote:

He says he uses the pedal pressure from the cassette mode but then as ...more

If you notice right before he does the 180, he pedals forward a tad bit, but when landing his feet slightly back pedal disengaging the hub. On the Zcoaster unless you backpedal to disengage like a regular coaster, it will act exactly the same as a cassette. . When disengaged itll be like every other coaster with slack until you start to pedal again. What I believe he is doing is setting up his feet position on the very last amount of cassette mode before it disengages ...thats why you see his feet slightly pedal forward then he lands with them a little back and more even. Essentially though, Zcoaster works like all coaster but since you have the pawls clicking you know when its engaged or not making the use of using pedal pressure tricks easier cause because with the pawls clicking, its locked in cassette mode.

|

REFS-

Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/16/2017 3:37 PM

If you notice right before he does the 180, he pedals forward a tad bit, but when landing his feet slightly back pedal ...more

Watched a few other videos about the zcoaster and I think I get it now. Seems like it'd be annoying to have to remind yourself to disengage before you start a fakie trick.

Gonna pass on the zcoaster.

|

8/16/2017 7:34 PM

Mr_Orange wrote:

If you notice right before he does the 180, he pedals forward a tad bit, but when landing his feet slightly back pedal ...more

Mr_Orange wrote:

Watched a few other videos about the zcoaster and I think I get it now. Seems like it'd be annoying to have to remind yourself ...more

It works the same as with any coaster, I'm sure most pedal to where their front foot is almost down then back pedal , making cranks even before doing a trick. ZCoaster functions just like any other coaster but has the ability to ride with pedal pressure since it's pawl based and you can control it more precisely since being able to hear if it's engaged or not. It's not as technical as some may think.

|

REFS-

8/16/2017 11:25 PM

Mr_Orange wrote:

Mr_Orange wrote:

Watched a few other videos about the zcoaster and I think I get it now. Seems like it'd be annoying to have to remind yourself ...more

(May be wrong) but all clutch freecoaster have a bigger chance to "stuck" and make you backpedal when you move your feet too much while fakie if you dont disengage it. I hope you get it

|