Saltplus trapez freecoaster

Related:
Create New Tag

3/27/2017 1:52 PM

I know there are already a few topics on this hub but there are some questions they didn't answer. One person said that this is not a good hub for grinding because the axle is kind of weak, has anyone else had that problem? And also since this isn't the same type of khe freecoaster I wanted to know how often you should take it apart to grease it.

|

3/27/2017 2:15 PM

Maintenance is really easy on them, it's pretty much like a normal cassette hub only it has a plastic disc and spring in the shell too. I only had mine a few days, and don't use pegs, so I can't comment on how well the axle lasts. But I'm pretty sure it's heat treated chromoly, so I'd assume it's not going to snap easily (probably just won't last quite as long as other axles?).

Definitely a good hub for the cost. I just didn't enjoy going backwards

|

3/28/2017 3:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/28/2017 3:21 AM

Best hubs for the price hands down imo i think i did mention in other topics that i broke an axle in a weird situation and bent one by my own fault, i ride 4 pegs im not so heavy but ride hard and a lot but it holds really good. Ye the maintance is really easy i doin it a lot so it will spin real good for crankflips what is (really dumb lel) my main reason to get a hub.
Edit: somesays the slack is to small but i can do fakie hop crankflips without pedalling backwards what imo need a lot of room so i eouldnt agree with them

|