Scared

Related:
Create New Tag

11/25/2015 4:04 PM

Anyone who works over 40 hours a week , can you give me some insight ?

Got a promotion to person in charge and will be working a minimum 40 hours per week , more likely close to 50 a week . That's about 9.5 hours a day give or take . How much time do you guys bike ?

I'm happy to be working a lot but my buddies always want to ride and I never can because of work . They're getting ally better and I'm getting worse. A lot of the time I'm tired or its late to go out after .

I'm just spooked that real life will hit me and I'll stop biking or just be a fatass or whatever . Any tips ? Obviously I'll bike but 2 days off , isn't much when you have stuff to do . I don't want to live just to pay bills and die .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/25/2015 4:25 PM

Well worth it man the money's good , been working 40 hours a week since I was out of highschool still can make plenty of time to ride , but you gotta be one of those guys who doesn't give a shit about video games that's forsure

|

11/25/2015 4:33 PM

Last month, three Mondays in a row- I'd wake up around 9am, go to school till its time for work, work until around 9pm, make the hour journey to St.Louis, ride street, film, and even got down a few new tricks, all until about 3am or so.

If there is a will, there is a way- even if it's not always ideal. A true bike rider WILL ride his bike.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/25/2015 7:09 PM

Welcome to being an adult! Lol it blows! But, bills don't go away usually and bmx (most of the time) doesn't pay the bills. I don't get to ride NEARLY as much as I used to but when I do ride I enjoy it a lot!

|

11/25/2015 7:12 PM

It sucks not being able to ride as much but it's AWESOME being able to buy any parts you want.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

11/25/2015 7:21 PM

I wish I could find a nice job 40 hours+ a week I currently get 48-52 hours every two weeks it blows wasting so much time for such little pay. I just ride when I can even if its 30 mins before work or on my days off between work and my various hobbies its hard to fit anything more than that in gotta work to support my hobbies and shit.

|

11/25/2015 8:03 PM

For awhile I was working 5 10 hour days and a 12 hour Saturday, conveniently the place I was working at was right across the street from the only skatepark in the city it was cool having everything right in the same neighborhood. I was working 3rd so at least 2 days a week I would leave work at eight go change and go to the park and ride til about lunch then sleep then go back to work. The checks were well worth it, I felt the same way tho and didn't want to do it til I died. The whole time my only mode of transportation was my bike and that was still so much fun. I moved last year with my mom to Vegas and I'm basically a nanny now and it's like after dealing with kids 5 days a week I have absolutely no motivation to go to the park but I still ride most places I need to go. Idk I'm just saying keep your bike around and you'll always find time to ride.

|

11/25/2015 8:12 PM

I work a lot as well, not sure if it's 40 hours a week or not. But I always had this going on with plays and shit as well.

Between rehearsal and work and school, it's a wonder I have much time to ride. But you know, I'm guilty of taking a personal day from time to time and riding a park just to blow off steam and relax.

I work tons, between work study, and Sam's Club, i probably have about 30-35 hours a week. Including weekends of course. I work all weekend. If you figure in school and rehearsal and shit which at times feels like a job, i'd be right with you.

I always make time to ride if at all possible. It's okay to call off every now and then to relax, mental health is important to most people, i'd go nuts if i didn't take a day off here and there. A forty hour week isn't fun. Like at all. You'll be okay though. Hang in there and have some fun, or at least try to from time to time. I work to have a good time.

It does suck when people wanna ride and you're too busy slaving your life away. I got used to that with my first legitimate job.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/25/2015 8:27 PM

weekends are your friends. lunch hours too

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

11/26/2015 1:11 AM

It's nice having good paychecks that's for sure , and having a promotion for someone my age is awesome and rare . I helps out and pay bills a lot so I'm not blowing money on new parts all the time , but in the future I can get away with it. Retail can be pretty straining on my back and knees which are already bad and I usually get 1 day off to relax and ease up then spend 2 biking , but that's trying to get comfortable with my bike again haha . I'm sure it won't be horrible but it's life I guess . At the end of the day I'm in it for money so putting in the grind now will let me buy a nice bike and travel to sick parks I guess haha.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/26/2015 7:20 AM

Just wait until you've got a Mrs and a kid! That's when it gets really hard to find time. When I was younger, time to do what I want heavily outweighed money. As long as I could scrape by I was happy. Now I miss those days and wish I took advantage of it more. But I still get to ride every now and then so it's all good

|

11/26/2015 8:36 AM

Not having kids is awsome , got friends who have them some of them are cool kids some of them are Whitney little pricks , if you have a kid you deffinatly don't have near as much time to ride that's forsure

|

11/26/2015 8:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2015 8:45 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Just wait until you've got a Mrs and a kid! That's when it gets really hard to find time. When I was younger, time to do what ...more

^^Very much this^^

It's what you decide to do with the time you have that counts. Progressing is always great but riding is really supposed to be about having fun, friends, experiences, etc., don't forget that. As long as you can enjoy getting out there and pedaling you're on the right track regardless of how often you can ride. It's all part of growing up. You'll find a way to make it work.

Take me for instance, I'm married, we have a daughter, I own my own place, have 2 dogs and work 48-56 hour stretches plus whatever overtime comes along (today is Thanksgiving, I'm working 16 hours today and worked 16 hours yesterday as well). Each work week I rotate to a different shift (day, middle, overnight). I don't get to see my wife and kid as much as I'd like too already, then throw hobbies in on top of everything else. Is it hard to find time to bike? You bet your sweet ass it is but, it's not impossible. I'm 30 years old and battling health issues and time constraints, I'm happy to hang out and cruise/flow around. When I get to catch up with my riding buddies it's all good, we all have our own shit going on. I've got nothing to prove to anyone, been there done that 15+ years ago. That's not to say that's not a tough pill to swallow now and again but hey, you make the most of it.

|

11/26/2015 9:54 AM

^this for sure! Lol getting out and pedaling around with old riding buddies and messing around just having a good time...the last thing I care about is trying to do a double front flip tail whip barspin to vader foot jam lol. You get older and your priorities change whether you like it or not.

|

11/26/2015 11:29 AM

Pegless_215 wrote:

^^Very much this^^

It's what you decide to do with the time you have that counts. Progressing is always great but riding is ...more

Ahhh yes the good ol' American dream!

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

11/26/2015 11:31 AM

JPond53 wrote:

^this for sure! Lol getting out and pedaling around with old riding buddies and messing around just having a good time...the ...more

Chilling with the old homies, doing some fun tricks on a 12 inch ledge and having a few drinks talking about the good old times.

Without the MRS texting you every few minutes to check...

:D

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

11/26/2015 11:39 AM

Yup, living the dream!

Everyone's priorities are a little different. And priorities do change. Bottom line is, generally speaking, if you want to own anything you have to work for it. Nothing is free. If I didn't work I couldn't support a family so obviously that's my main focus. Believe me, if I could support my family without having to work, I most certainly would. I'd love to fuck around all day with no worries but it didn't pan out that way for me. So hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go.

|

11/26/2015 12:15 PM

one try kid wrote:

Chilling with the old homies, doing some fun tricks on a 12 inch ledge and having a few drinks talking about the good old ...more

Lol FOR REAL! Good times!

|

11/26/2015 7:49 PM

fuck you. Multiple people on hete, includng mydelf work 50= hours a week. qquit being a bich. We find time to rie. i raise 3 kids and have a wife. i find time to ride. and fuck you for talking shit about dave's kids. i have 0 respect for you and never will. so fuck off bitch

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/26/2015 10:27 PM

you guys all needa harden up haha i work 12 days on 5am til 5pm and then 2 days off and still ride after work some nights and in my weekends off when i can... quit ya complainin

|

11/27/2015 5:47 AM

MAKE the time to ride. For a while I was working 40+ at one job, and working 10-20 at another (before I was with my wife/a dad) so it was work and ride. That was it.

Now I work 40-45 hours a week and go home to my wife and son, so I ride once every couple weeks, especially now that winter is creeping in. Once my son it a tad older and can zoom around on his strider, I am certain we will ride a LOT more.

Hence why I am doing all kinds of bike part swaps. I am not riding so going without something for a little time isn't the end of the world. And come spring when I build a rail I will ride a bunch more in front of my place.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/10/2015 6:56 AM

I go out to the bar after work sometimes and after everyone leaves I pull my bike out of my trunk and ride for a couple hours. Just got my daughter a WTP Seed 16" Santa is bringing. Ride for an hour before my daughter gets off the bus and we ride before I leave for work. Just ride when you can, even if just for an hour at a time. All those little bits of free time add up.

|

12/11/2015 6:57 AM

JPond53 wrote:

^this for sure! Lol getting out and pedaling around with old riding buddies and messing around just having a good time...the ...more

totally. I'm 36, wife, house, 40 hour job, with a kid on the way. The older you get the less time you have for your hobbies. It's just the way it is. With everyone on here saying the same thing it probably doesn't help you feel better. but it also doesn't have to be that way. You can choose not to get married/kids/house and just rent some place and have all weekend to ride if you want. Sometimes it just happens, but for the most part people choose these things. They are good things. Plus, your body starts to age, and you're not that spring chicken you once were.

Priorities change that's for sure. Now when I ride, helmet, gloves, knee/elbow, and I even have the troy lee under-the shirt chest protector. And I'm happy just getting out there and jumping a small 3 foot dirt jump. My biggest challenge is finding trails where the landings and lips don't look like quarter pipes.

|

12/11/2015 2:39 PM

Welcome to life. Buddies and I went from riding 3-4 days a week to once a week. We ride every tuesday from 5:30-9 haha. Crazy how things change but hey we all have houses, kids, wifes etc.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

12/11/2015 4:44 PM

Qoute Brayden: "I don't want to live just to pay bills and die"

Welcome to the rest of your life. We all have to face it, being alive in the grave is a hell of a way to live huh? Just make the most of your time, as you'll never get any of it back. If riding is your #1 passion, dedicate yourself to it. Get better and start a YouTube channel while you're at it. Seems to be the only way to make it in the world now if you don't like work. Lol. Well, the only legal way anyways...

|

12/12/2015 7:26 PM

Agree with grumpy steve lol 2 kids and a wife but the kids and wife like riding also so it nice

|

Built to abuse

12/13/2015 8:48 AM

I work 45+ hours a week, married have a kid on the way but also have a key to a private skatepark which gives me 24 hr access to a spot cold hot rain or snow see if you have anything like that locally or possibly start one?

|

12/15/2015 10:42 AM

I actually just took a new position at my job with a bit of a raise and took 2nd shift, so I get a differential AND I don't go in until 1:30 PM. So that means mornings with my family and ride time.

Sweet.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/15/2015 11:20 AM

I work in the oil field most of the time 12-13h/day 6 or 7 days a week. I still can ride 2h or 3h a day...

|