School

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2012 6:36 PM

So school starts in a few days.. My parents said If I don't do good I can't ride, I'm going to grade 11 next year and I need to get good grades but I also want to ride. When do you guys ride during school days. What is your schedule and GPA like?

|

8/27/2012 6:42 PM

do your homework and then ride? easiest answer ever

|

xBMXx.

8/27/2012 6:42 PM

Let's see.... I can ride for like 15 minutes per day before I do homework. I get to go ride on Fridays and the weekend if all my homework is done, and my grades are okay. And, I've had As and Bs since like 1st or 2nd grade. I get at least 3.5 GPA, and currently take as many honor classes as possible. I'm Asian, and my parents aren't so strict, but on certain things.. NO Cs ALLOWED of course.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/27/2012 6:43 PM

Well, i'm not sure my parents care but, then again i have a 3.6 GPA and i'm a senior and today was my first day.... you just have to balance your shit out.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

8/27/2012 6:46 PM

DylanLow wrote:

By the time I finish it's too dark outside..

|

8/27/2012 6:47 PM

DylanLow wrote:

CallMeBaws wrote:

By the time I finish it's too dark outside..

Same here. But that's mostly cause I procrastinate. Asians tend to procrastinate a lot.. Mostly the ones I know. tongue

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

8/27/2012 6:48 PM

Make a schedule and stick to it. When you're in school, you have to face the fact that sometimes you can't ride everyday.

|

8/27/2012 6:49 PM

Hmmm i advise you to not ride before and come home at like 10 at night. I did that all of school and it sucked. My first day of school today also sucked.

|

8/27/2012 7:00 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Same here. But that's mostly cause I procrastinate. Asians tend to procrastinate a lot.. Mostly the ones I know. tongue

Who doesn't man.. I always procrastinate then I find out that I have a shit load of work to do and I get so stressed out then I end up not doing any of it.. I just end up on my bike somehow.

|

8/27/2012 7:04 PM

Back when I was in school I'd just make sure I was home for dinner and did my homework after. I rode everyday from 2:30 when school let out till 5-6 when dinner was ready. I finished high school with a 3.8 GPA with no honors classes to help. Mostly As and a few Bs is what I was getting with very little effort. Do the work and you will succeed.

|

8/27/2012 7:08 PM

andrew rs wrote:

Back when I was in school I'd just make sure I was home for dinner and did my homework after. I rode everyday from 2:30 when school let out till 5-6 when dinner was ready. I finished high school with a 3.8 GPA with no honors classes to help. Mostly As and a few Bs is what I was getting with very little effort. Do the work and you will succeed.

Nice man, are you in college now?

|

8/27/2012 7:08 PM

I ride after my homework. And i have to ride around work now too

|

Yeaaaaaaaah boyyyy!

8/27/2012 7:32 PM

i have a a in art 1 a c in civics and i don know what i have in pyscial science

|

8/27/2012 7:38 PM

Just do your work during the week, and then cherish the 72 hours you have to bike, on the weekends!

|

8/27/2012 7:39 PM

EffWoodPushers wrote:

Just do your work during the week, and then cherish the 72 hours you have to bike, on the weekends!

That means do your work ahead guys. I really don't wanna do it though.. Plus, I ride at the most like 1 1/2-4 hours outside at the most, mostly cruising around and whatnot.. xD

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

8/27/2012 7:39 PM

my gpa is 2.8, and i ride veryday during the school year

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

8/27/2012 7:46 PM

andrew rs wrote:

CallMeBaws wrote:

Nope, I kind of got into drugs when I went to college and screwed it all up. I may go back one day but right now I'm making decent money doing what I'm doing and I enjoy it, so it's kind of win win. I always aspire to do more and move forward, but st the same time I don't want to be miserable at work. So I'm kind of in a limbo as far as that goes. I'm off the drugs and back on the bike and working hard and it feels good. I'm happy with that right now.

|

8/27/2012 7:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/27/2012 7:47 PM

andrew rs wrote:

CallMeBaws wrote:

andrew rs wrote:

Nope, I kind of got into drugs when I went to college and screwed it all up. I may go back one day but right now I'm making decent money doing what I'm doing and I enjoy it, so it's kind of win win. I always aspire to do more and move forward, but st the same time I don't want to be miserable at work. So I'm kind of in a limbo as far as that goes. I'm off the drugs and back on the bike and working hard and it feels good. I'm happy with that right now.

If you don't mind, may I ask what drugs you used? If it's pot, I give zero fucks unless its mixed with tobacco(spliffs, etc..).

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

8/27/2012 7:48 PM

Seriously though kids, high school will be one of the easiest things you'll do in life. Seriously, might as well put a little effort into it and do it well. My dad always told me to do it right, or don't do it at all.

|

8/27/2012 7:51 PM

CallMeBaws wrote:

andrew rs wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

If you don't mind, may I ask what drugs you used? If it's pot, I give zero fucks unless its mixed with tobacco(spliffs, etc..).

No no no, I smoke weed to this day. It's what helped me get off of drugs. I dOnt really even consider cannabis a drug. I used pills, Xanax, Valium, Kalonopin, OxyContin, things of that nature. Never really cared for Vicodin or Percocet, I guess it was too "weak".

|

8/27/2012 7:54 PM

andrew rs wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

andrew rs wrote:

No no no, I smoke weed to this day. It's what helped me get off of drugs. I dOnt really even consider cannabis a drug. I used pills, Xanax, Valium, Kalonopin, OxyContin, things of that nature. Never really cared for Vicodin or Percocet, I guess it was too "weak".

So, you were into pill painkillers as I can see?

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

8/27/2012 8:01 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

andrew rs wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

So, you were into pill painkillers as I can see?

Basically, anti depressants too. Anything that numbed my body and emotions.

|

8/27/2012 8:47 PM

Junior year I had a bunch of free periods during school that I could get shit done during. In the summer I can do hw then ride since it gets dark later but winter I will ride since it gets dark pretty early then go in and do hw

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

8/27/2012 8:57 PM

I just bust out my homework as fast as physically possible after school so I can go ride everyday afterwards. I literally turn off my computer, turn off my phone, crank music, and bust out HW as fast as possible with no distractions. Then I usually still can have between 1-4 hours to ride. Some days I just ride in my neighborhood, somedays I can drive to different skateparks around my area, just depends on how fast I work.

And to those of you who said by the time your done with homework its "too late" i dont believe that. Some of my greatest BMX memories is those solo, late night, week night, sessions during school where im just riding around in my neighborhood doing manuels, 180s, barspins, and just enjoying every second I had to ride. Even if i only get 20 minutes on the bike in, it makes my day 10x better.

|

8/27/2012 8:57 PM

Also I felt that if I did my homework before I rode, I would rush through it/not even do it. So that's another reason my parents let me ride before doing hw.

|

8/27/2012 9:02 PM

andrew rs wrote:

That's great that your off the drugs, honestly you don't need them if you have a bike, biking is like a drug to me it's the best feeling ever to land a trick. and may I ask how old are you? just curious.

|

8/27/2012 9:07 PM

CallMeBaws wrote:

andrew rs wrote:

CallMeBaws wrote:

That's great that your off the drugs, honestly you don't need them if you have a bike, biking is like a drug to me it's the best feeling ever to land a trick. and may I ask how old are you? just curious.

I'm 23, I just got caught up with shitty people. Watched one die, and that's the day I quit. When you have good parents like I did and you get tossed into a big city with tons of different people without anyone to say no, I messed up. I went to Ohio State and came from a relatively small suburburb. I've lived, I've learned.

|

8/27/2012 9:14 PM

I rode everyday afterschool and never did any homework because I was out.
Then I failed math,got grounded from my bike for a month,then had summerschool for another month.
It's not worth skipping and slacking to ride. Do your shit first and well then go ride. In the long run you'll be riding more than if you fail.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/27/2012 9:16 PM

Wish i had the chance to do that =( enjoy it guys. I come home do my homework and im not allowed to go out til the weekend comes, even if im done with my homework >.>

|

8/27/2012 9:21 PM

Well I do a mixture of everything. I never procrastinate. And ill do half my hw when I get home and the other half when I finish riding. I do projects on weekends as well as some riding. As of right now my schedule is perfect. But its also the beggining of my year and I have A.P Human geography and thats gonna be a shit ton of work. Idk man all these people are giving you advice but honestly they dont know your school and how much work you get, etc. You needa find a schedule that fits you. If you can ride only one day of the week then so be it. Just ride the fuck out of that one day man.

|

" When life gives you lemons, take out your dick and swing it around your head like a cowboy "

- BmxKitten