School project

Related:
Create New Tag

11/4/2015 7:27 PM

I have to write a paper about a job we want in the future, snd I said "own a bike/bmx company" not knowing much about the project. Three days later, we can't really change what we are writing about, and she drops on us that we have to interview someone with that job or something close to it. So I'm wondering if I could maybe get a tip or something to where I might be able to get like an hour or so to interview someone in the industry over skype or something?

TL; DR: Help me contact someone who owns a bmx company so I can interview them.

|

11/4/2015 7:30 PM

Talk to someone who owns a bike shop. That's kind of a bike company.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/4/2015 7:32 PM

Email gsport george

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/4/2015 7:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2015 7:35 PM

Just email some company's online, go on their facebook page etc. but going to a local bike shop is great option. i done a paper on "why do people ride bmx" and i had an interview with a local BMX rider and i can tell you right now you wont need an hour. 15-20 mins MAX because you will run out of things to talk about and it will take up to much time. im sure you could set up a meeting thing for 20 mins with a local bike shop and how it is running it, how they got into the business, why the got into etc. you can try emailing company's but it might be hard because they generally dont have enough time for that stuff :/ but try you're best and you might get lucky. Good luck!

|

11/5/2015 9:50 AM

Hit up Kurt from BMX union, he has a LOT of contacts in the industry.

Also as stated above, hit up companies emails and ask nicely if someone would have time to Skype or IM or something. Maybe even an email chain (come up with like 20 questions regarding it and see what they come up with?)

I would aim for Chris Moeller (S&M/FIT), Rick Moliterno (Standard), Mat Hoffman (Hoffman Bikes) or some of the OG's of BMX.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/5/2015 10:41 AM

Joey at Kink (via their site contact/question link) is great to deal with and helpful. Maybe he can help with contact there.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

11/5/2015 10:55 AM

Sam Schulte from Tree. He's a real nice guy, I'm sure he'd help out.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/6/2015 8:49 AM

http://www.vitalbmx.com/videos/member/Mat-Hoffman-Video-Interview,60185/Karl-Poynter,55711

Kurt interviewed Mat Hoffman, and the video is on the front page. Pretty interesting.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura