Scooter Children and Crowded Areas

Related:
Create New Tag

10/12/2014 7:35 PM

Well we went to the new skatepark right outside of pittsburgh, which i must admit is very well designed (except for the fact that youd have to be mentally insane to do the full loop, its too big to get the speed in the bowl so really, it is asthetic value, which is silly, they shoulda had just some super vert.)

When we got there at 10:30, the lady hadn't opened it up so we called her and she gave us permission to jump the fence (so rad). We are all stoked to ride this place and have it all to ourselves, so we are just pumping through and grinding all these rails and ledges, then of course my brother cuts me off, and i swerve to avoid him and its like im on glass and slide like tate roskelley but out of control and painfully. The builders have it so smooth you have to be really careful how hard you turn and its new concrete so it is sort of dusty.

By about 1 o clock the park had about 200 people in it. Close to or is 200. Which is WAY too many people. I wouldn't have a problem if the damn moms wouldnt have brought 10 little asshole scooter fucks and just let em run loose and leave. I watched for a while as all the people narrowly avoided the inevitable. I gave my greatest efforts against running them over. But after anticipating the days of the month so i could ride that park, i gave up and just went for it. During a fakie a kid went behind me and i just ran the little fuck over. He didnt cry or anything and i don't think i killed him. I know i know CSB. So all in all, slippery park+little kids=dead kids. Lots of kids were probably seriously injured haha

This raises the question, should there be a limit to how many people should be allowed into a skatepark? Im not a fan of rules, but there really should be some sort of rule. Maybe like a lifeguard there that regulates things, because when there are this many people, it is absolute chaos. Now there is a rule about how old the kids can be, which I am a fan of, but it is NEVER enforced. What do you all think?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/12/2014 7:38 PM

Naw, just go during school hours.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

10/12/2014 7:39 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

True, but who will take me and then how will i get points for jumping over kids?

Honestly once im legally driving i will go during school hours. Im gonna try during my 2 day fall break.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/12/2014 7:42 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

True, but who will take me and then how will i get points for jumping over kids?

Honestly once im legally driving i will go ...more

I saw some clips of the park. I'm so jealous of people that live within riding distance of parks like that. I could've progressed sooo much more if i had something like that near my house. You gotta come ride street with me when you get a car.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

10/12/2014 7:44 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Honestly once im legally driving i will go ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I saw some clips of the park. I'm so jealous of people that live within riding distance of parks like that. I could've ...more

If i get a car and drive to Virginia, im taking you to a damn skatepark with me and some of our crew. haha I'll probably take LJ and Will and Keith and Chaz if he is up for it!

|

10/12/2014 9:09 PM

"I don't think I killed him" Lol. The lifeguard may also stop you from riding if bikes aren't allowed, so maybe not the best idea. And the rule honestly wouldn't be able to be enforced, cuz it's not like the cops will show up every hour to count people. However I do also hate little kids on scoots and boards that just pay zero attention to others, snake lines and get in the way constantly. Also hate the parents that try to blame it on you when their little shit gets hurt because of something they did. As for the dustiness, why not take a broom with you next time and put in some work?

|

10/12/2014 9:14 PM

Wait a few months and the hype of a new park will die down.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

10/12/2014 10:29 PM

|

13 years old

10/12/2014 11:59 PM

I went to beast rampz on saturday, and ybh, it wasnt that crowded.. BUT 90% of people were there and within 2 mins i nearly plowed full whack into one that just came out between 2 half pipes without looking, split second later and i wouldve destroyed him and his fagmobile. Other the course of the day me and my mate (who skates) hit several kids who were in the most retarded of places. Point is, its inevitable at parks, teaches em though i guess.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/13/2014 7:10 AM

-Havok- wrote:

"I don't think I killed him" Lol. The lifeguard may also stop you from riding if bikes aren't allowed, so maybe not the best ...more

Bikes are allowed, i try to avoid the no bikes aloud parks. And its new concrete, the WHOLE park is like that and im not about to sweep the whole thing. It wouldn't have been awful if the dumb little kids werent there.

|

10/13/2014 8:54 AM

Our park is just BMXers and skaters, too bad my park is shit

|

10/13/2014 6:07 PM

I was fine with everything except the park should have an minimum age requirement, all children 13 & younger must be supervised, and absolutely no scooters. Other than that, I liked the park. I never slid out, I just got worked over that damn rail. Hahahahaha!

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

10/14/2014 8:04 AM

Something happened yesterday that made me think of this. It was close to dark and I was at my local with a few other scooter kids who weren't reslly near me and one who was. Well, a bunch of indian kids came in and sat on the quarter in one of the bowls where it's a hip. The little scooter kid (who was like 6) kept asking them to move and they kept arguing with him. After a minute of it I piped up and said "the point is you're in the way." They must not have expected a 6'2 homeless lookin guy to call them out, cause they immediately got up and said "oh yeah that is a good point" and walked off. It was so hard for me to not laugh, like as soon as I opened my mouth they scattered

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

10/14/2014 1:26 PM

Buy stink bombs and throw them in....

But nah, seriously. I always go riding during school hours or late at night.

|

10/16/2014 8:43 PM

It would cost money otherwise I would say parks should make you go to some kind of park etiquette class before riding the park.

or put some slides in right by the park so those little fuckers slide down that and down play on the quarters.

Too many times I've seen little kids who aren't even old enough to speak, running around the parks I go to using the quarters as slides, just getting in everyone's way. So many times I've seen these kids just sit down pedal/push right into the bowl too, while someone's flying around in there. They lack common sense, and someone without common sense should not be riding at a crowded skate park like that not only for their safety but for the safety of those around them.

Me, since I'm an asshole, I give them a warning, and if they continue to get in my way or whatever it is they're doing, I just start running into them or announce that I'm going to do so. They move and stay moved then. Except this one little mouth breather who got his mom to yell at me cause her idiot son almost made me die on a rail. I went to hit it, and he got right in my way so I had to bail, so then I just yelled out that if he does that again I'm not gonna bail and just run right into him. Well I did that, and his mom starts bitching at me saying I should teach her kids.

Um maybe if her fat landwhale-mouth didn't cover her ears, she would've heard my friends & I repeatedly telling both her kids to take turns/watch out since we got there.

/rant

|

10/16/2014 9:07 PM

We have parents who stand on top of the pyramids and boxes to protect their kids from the bigger kids who go fast.

They have their little shit makers in plastic scooters ruining the fun for everyone.
And you can't teach them etiquette because you should share the skate park and they can't control their spoiled brats.

It sucks.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)