Scooters

Related:
Create New Tag

7/31/2016 10:47 PM

What are y'all thoughts on scooters ? The trick ones . I know everyone cracks jokes about them , myself included but some people are really good at them . Most skateparks I go to have just a bunch of kids riding them , but I met a couple older guys who can hit rails and stuff , they're pretty crazy .

There's a scooter shop like 10 minutes from my house and they're pretty cool there , I don't scoot but they have a bunch of stuff ( crazy amount ) and it seems like most scooter people actually like eachother where as I know BMX and skateboarding people will not like you for your setup or how you dress or something , sometimes anyways .

I think as long as you're having fun who cares , it seems mostly skateboarders are dicks to them but 90% of the time they flick a board and never land so jokes on them

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/31/2016 11:15 PM

As much as I talk shit on scootering, I know/met a few super legit ones. The majority of them are little mouth breathers who can barely jump on a scooter and get in your way or can do some tricks but get in the way still...

but one kid I know is seriously insane on a scooter, tackling shit most bmx riders wouldn't. His feats include ridiculous grind combos (both rails & ledges), bar-whipping a 13 stair, 180ing over a bar height rail with 6ft drop on the other side, and other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting. He was sponsored at one point too by a legit company.

Not to mention he's pretty damn good on a bike too (bar feeble bar down a 5 stair hubba)

I've actually ridden with a couple pro scooter riders too (Tom Mattingly & Steve Fales) and they were chill, plus Tom was funny as fuck.

In short, there are a few cool ones. But the little shit snake ones out number them so much.

|

8/1/2016 1:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2016 1:47 AM

I have nothing against scooters or anything else for that matter. I began riding on a scooter and still enjoy the occasional ride on mine. It's nice to do a barspin or a tail whip on something since I'm struggling with them on my bike, haha! I hope to transfer all my tricks to the BMX sooner or later.

Heck, even John Hicks has a really chill video with Begin, Tyra, and the usual crew accompanied by Jon DeVrind, arguably the best street scooter rider. It's awesome to see the borders broken between riding that didn't need to be there to begin with.

But yes, the little 10-year-old snakes get really old really fast.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/1/2016 6:38 AM

I have fixed feelings about scooters, have a few friends that do it I have nothing really against the sport itself. What I don't like is when kids on scooters dont follow skatepark etiquette and pretty much do whatever they want. In reality its the parents fault but still its really annoying. Scootering seems fun for the kids that do it and they are pretty good so props to them, I just can't see myself doing it since I feel like I'm too big and too old for that.

I have a mantra that I tend to follow and its if you're not a dick to me I'm not a dick to you simple as that, I don't really care what sport you do as long as your not a complete tool.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

8/1/2016 9:23 AM

The majority of the time I'm fine with scooters. I have 2 friends that are very good at it (one can almost triple whip flat) so I ride with them on occasion. The scooter kids that piss me off are the ones that have to slide down into the bowl and ride in circles for about 10 minutes before they get out. I'll just go ride street if there are too many little snakes at my local park. I'm only okay with the ones that wait for their turn, don't snake, and respect other riders (this goes for skaters and other bikers as well).

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

8/1/2016 9:38 AM

I don't give a shit what people ride as long as they have park etiquette , that being said 90% of scooter kids don't have park ettiquete so I have no problem running them over when they get in my way , sometimes kids gotta learn the hard way to watch the fuck out

On a side note , I've noticed I've never seen scooter riders blast huge airs on quarter pipes before , I'm wondering if that's because their wheels are so small

|

8/1/2016 5:10 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I don't give a shit what people ride as long as they have park etiquette , that being said 90% of scooter kids don't have park ettiquete so I have no problem running them over when they get in my way , sometimes kids gotta learn the hard way to watch the fuck out

On a side note , I've noticed I've never seen scooter riders blast huge airs on quarter pipes before , I'm wondering if that's because their wheels are so small

That's not the only reason as to why "huge airs" aren't done similar to bikes very often, there's similar situations in scooters with that, as to bmx as well, pumping, overall speed, how well you can pop off coping, etc.

Here's 1 example off youtube... guy used to ride for Madd Gear, idk if he still rides (as far as I know he's a tattoo artist)

There's more factors too, like, how a bike has more weight to send plus the person on it, compared to a scooter, makes sense right?
|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

8/1/2016 5:44 PM

Don't like them. I don't even hit the local park anymore because of them. They get in the way constantly.

|

8/1/2016 6:17 PM

fuck off with your scooters. the worst is adults with facial hair on scooters.

i do recall riding with this kid who would blast 6ft airs on his scooter. he was also blasting 6ft airs on his bike, too. great rider, he shouldnt have been on a scooter

|

wallride a bus everyday

8/1/2016 7:38 PM

I have no issue with scooter riders in general, but we have a small group of scooter riders who are douches mostly because they are stoned or drunk while at the park...the one dude forced his GF to try to drop in and she flipped back and nailed her head on the ground. you could feel it through the cement. They all just laughed and called her a loser. She was down. One of the older skaters knew the concussion procedure and checked her out. I had ice in my Camelback and we made an ice bag out of one dudes shirt. We were all like, "dudes, you gotta get her to the hospital" they all just bolted - with her.

I am like bmxer yoshi though....if you are a dick to me, you will cease to exist in my world, if you are cool, I am cool. I am glad that there are not huge dividing lines at the park like there used to be...now it is more between park etiquette differences than what you ride

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

8/1/2016 7:48 PM

prime example of the majority of them being cunts.

earlier at the skate park, there were a bunch of them who are there regularly (Getting in the way and being obnoxiously loud for no reason) and they were being worse than usual. I guess one of them decided it'd be funny to take one of their wheels off and roll it around the park, then the rest of them followed suit and rolled it around and even started throwing it around. I yelled out "if that thing gets thrown near me or hits me I'm fuckin throwing it over the wall out of the park" (getting over that wall isn't an easy task unless you have a ladder to get back up it)

so not even 2 minutes go by and the wheel rolls towards me as I'm about to do something. I stopped, picked it up and chucked it out of the park over the wall. My friend said they all kinda looked upset after that, but I mean if you're gonna be a dumbfuck and throw a scooter wheel around where people are riding... then fuck you.

|

8/2/2016 12:35 AM

Most scooter are good. Just as long as they know the rules, respect the locals and don't get in my way, they're all good. There are certain kind of scooters (15-17, wear too many brands, think they own the park etc.) that I dont lik, but most are nice

|

8/2/2016 12:46 AM

Mentioned it to some local skaters , and they're like ," If I ride a scooter ever in my life , cut my wrists please" and "You won't catch me on those ever , just BMX or Skate"

Felt kinda shitty for anyone who scooters as they'd probably be assholes to them but who knows , maybe with a scooter shop near by , they'll get bigger

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/2/2016 12:12 PM

If someone gave me the choice of staying my current level of shitty on a bmx forever or being a sponsored scooter rider I'd still stick with bmx

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

8/2/2016 8:36 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

If someone gave me the choice of staying my current level of shitty on a bmx forever or being a sponsored scooter rider I'd still stick with bmx

this pretty much.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

8/3/2016 5:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2016 5:24 AM

Let's learn the weirdos hospitality!!!
It is apparent that many struggle with this, but we all share the park and should act appropriately. They are the potential future of our sport and no matter how silly at least they're staying out of trouble with parents. I rode a scooter til it was stolen, and then got into bmx and now im here. In my experience, treat people as you want to be treated. Skatepark etiquette starts with my own example of how to act and interact. With kind words and a positive message we can show them the ways we learned and preserve the unwritten code for future generations.. many kids simply don't know, and they look up to us older riders as a guide on how to grow and expand the sport for themselves. I'd rather have a skatepark full of scooters than violence and drugs. Supposedly scootering is the fastest growing sport right now ...? Idk but at least it's not fruit boots..

|

8/3/2016 6:43 AM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

I think this is pretty much a given, since we're on a bmx forum....

As cheif said some of those kids on scooters look up to us and might consider getting into bmx when they get older, if we set a good example it could be more likely that those kids wont grow up to be assholes. In turn the skatepark becomes a less hostile place for everyone. Many of the younger kids that start scootering dont know skatepark etiquette and its really up to us to show them (its very likely the parents dont know shit either). A perfect example is a situation I had yesterday with a kid on a scooter. I was riding at my local skatepark and this scooter kid shows up, I say hey or whatever to the kid and let him do his thing. After he watches me ride he asks all the typical questions( what kind of bike I got, am I sponsored, what tricks can I do, etc....) after talking a bit I ask him if he's into bmx sure enough he was but he was just scootering because thats all his parents could afford to give him at the moment. I helped him out by telling him what kind of bikes to consider and where to get them. Not all scooter kids are bad if some bmxers took the time to talk to them instead of assuming you would be more understanding.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

8/3/2016 7:15 AM

even though i respect scooters who actually know some shit,i still love joking about them xD i have a couple of scooter friends and they dont mind if i call them scooter fags haha

|

8/3/2016 8:37 AM

eskimojay wrote:

i'm with eskimojay on this, scooter, bike, roller blades, skateboard who cares as long as your not a dick and you have park etiquette your good in my book.

|

8/6/2016 3:25 AM

eskimojay wrote:

blizzbikes wrote:

i'm with eskimojay on this, scooter, bike, roller blades, skateboard who cares as long as your not a dick and you have park etiquette your good in my book.

+1

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

8/6/2016 3:27 AM

I really don't care what you ride as long as you aren't a douche.

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

8/6/2016 9:30 AM

i dont really mind scooters or their riders. i think its something that would be subjective to your experiences with them. i mean, ive met some really douchy ones that jsut sat on boxes and rails in the way. and ones that snake everyone ever.

but ive also chilled with some cool ones that are really respectful and shred knar.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/7/2017 12:56 PM

Scooters are rad!

|

3/7/2017 1:34 PM

Puper Sandas wrote:

Scooters are rad!

cool thanks for contributing to the conversation

|

3/7/2017 1:42 PM

They're mostly little kids that camp on the deck and will occasionally roll across the park unknowingly snaking multiple people. So no I don't like that. But I always try to give props and chat up the few that are working on new tricks and pushing their riding. I respect that no matter what you're doing.

|

3/7/2017 2:13 PM

Quiet a bit of a bump but a couple weeks ago I saw a scooter dude feeble hard 3 whip a ledge , that shit looked tech as fuck . Dude was doing whip - bars over gaps and stuff too .

|

My Cult 2 Short

3/7/2017 2:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2017 2:01 PM

I think kids only ride scooters because it's so much easier than skateboarding, or bmx. They make the skateparks overcrowded with lazy ass kids, that just wouldn't even be there if scooters didn't exist. Seriously I think most of them would try to skate, or bike, and just give up, because it's too hard. They are always in the way too.

|

3/7/2017 3:59 PM

Puper Sandas wrote:

Scooters are rad!

Super-Pawl wrote:

cool thanks for contributing to the conversation

No problem

|

3/7/2017 3:59 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

I think kids only ride scooters because it's so much easier than skateboarding, or bmx. They make the skateparks overcrowded with lazy ass kids, that just wouldn't even be there if scooters didn't exist. Seriously I think most of them would try to skate, or bike, and just give up, because it's too hard. They are always in the way too.

I agree

|

3/7/2017 4:00 PM

Same reason I ride bmx

|